3.2- Unexpected Reunion
3.3- Bonds that transcend time and adversity
3.4- Clash of the Guardians
3.5- Survivor of the Great War
3.6- The Arena

3.7- Prayers Answered 
---------------------------------------

Pandemonium: Prologue

Orphaned as a child, Asta has led an ordinary life living as a magician apprentice within the kingdom. He had no recollection of his parent’s demise, but was told that they perished during the Great War and died a heroic death. He was said to be picked up by a member of the Guild of Magic. Although low profile, Asta has been recognized as a talented mystic amongst his peers in the mage's quarters, acing the exams with stellar results. 

From a young age, there is a person he holds dearly to his heart, watching her from a distance as she practices her acolyte skills. Princess Theia has always been a figure of solace for young Asta as her sweet smile melts his heart from within and her supple skin that glistens under the warm sun rays never fails to ignite passion within him. A shy boy entrapped in a one sided love, Asta could only watch Theia from a distance, but he was content in loving her that way.

Fast forward to the day of royal marriage between Theia and the prince from an ally kingdom, Asta found himself feeling immensely depressed, as if someone is repeatedly twisting a sharp blade stabbed into his fragile heart. He has been suffering in depravity ever since the news of the marriage, but reality hits hard as the day of his nightmare looms close. Seeing the love of his life to be wed away for political reasons, he hatched a plan to kidnap Theia on the "auspicious day". 

Pandemonium Vol 1: The Awakening of Astaroth

Volume 1.1: The Crimson Banquet

Sitting by the side of the banquet, Asta observes silently for the right time to cast a massive magic spell that will pause time so he can move in on Theia.  Just as he reached for his staff, a loud explosion threw several guards over his head. Out of nowhere, a crimson fog spread over the vast sky, casting shadow over the mob of surprised guests. 

Almost immediately, a horde of demons charged towards the lively banquet, bringing chaos to the otherwise harmonious event. Loud screams echoed through the air and was followed instantly by an incessant spilling of blood, turning what was left of the venue into a chaotic sphere swamped by a heavy stench of iron.

As he fought off some of the demons in defence, he looked in the direction of Theia to check on her safety.  To his great dismay, he was unable to locate Theia whereabouts within the bloodbath. Just as he looks desperately around for her, a huge demonic presence commanded Asta's attention towards the altar.  

When Asta turned his head towards the dark aura, as if struck by a bolt of lightning, he felt a surge of Goosebumps running underneath his skin. Before him, floats a huge creature with wings comparable to that of a dragon, every inch of it covered by scales as black and hollow as an endless pit. It was a strange phenomenon, something that sends shivers down his nerves but yet, he was awed by one of the most marvellous, magnificent physical form he has ever laid his eyes upon. [of course other than his love, Theia ;p]
The dark entity noticed Asta gawking at him. In a split of a second, it returned a sharp bone chilling glance that snapped Asta out of his temporal paralysis. It was not simply a fear inducing stare, but one that peers into Asta’s soul as if he could sense something unique lying within him, and attempted to communicate with it.

“Sacred Blaze!!!”

The moment was quickly interrupted when a huge blazing fireball repelled the evil entity from its original proud stance.

“Who dares to strike at me ???” The monster screamed in a thunderous, deafening voice.
I am Balthor, the King of all demons of all realms. Cower beneath my feet mortals!”

His provocative statement boomed across the wrecked venue, yet a petite female figure stood up bravely against him, un-wavered and unthreatened by his dominating existence.

“Balthor! Your presence is unwelcomed here! You shall pay for wrecking havoc in my favourite town!”  She retaliated with a strong warning. 

Amidst what seemed like a dark post apocalyptic war zone, the young mystic shines brightly in a thin but robust magical garb draped over her milky white skin, radiating hope to all around her.

“That’s Valiant Kiera…we are saved!!” an injured guest fumbled as he exclaimed excitedly.

Soon after, Balthor and the Valiant took their battle to a not so distant forest, away from the wedding altar. Asta, realizing that the situation is under control, pulls himself out of the scene quickly and resumes his quest to locate Theia, an urgent issue that has been hanging on his mind throughout his ordeal.  After searching high and low for what seems like an eon, he noticed a familiar silhouette from the corner of his eyes.

To his great relief, it was indeed the love of his life Theia, unharmed but visually stricken with fear, dressed in servant clothes, scurrying towards what seemed like the battleground between the Valiant and Balthor. Fearing Theia’s safety, he pursued after her.  

Volume 1.2: A Dream No More

Soon enough, they reached a road intersection by the border of Fairwyn Dale.  As Asta tries to cover the distance between Theia and himself, he noticed three shiny figures disappearing into the horizon.  Theia upon reaching the end of the intersection, suddenly broke into a sprint and ran towards an injured man kneeling on the floor.

From a distance, the man with white hair donned in lavish blue armor appears to be a squire, one that is awfully familiar to him. Asta quickly recognizes him to be Leon, the squire who is one of Princess Theia’s close aide. Throughout his childhood and young adult life, Asta painfully recalls a few instances where he noticed Leon engaging Theia freely and happily, something he found himself sadly incapable of.

Seeing the pair suffering minor injuries, Asta prioritized the need to heal their wounds above his feelings and prepared himself mentally and emotionally to approach the pair for the first time. However, just as he was approaching them from behind, still a distance away, he was struck by excruciating pain in his head and fell to the ground. 

Random and disorganized scenes and images were suddenly flashing in his head. Things he has never seen before. The pain slowly took over his consciousness and he was rendered helpless as he lays embedded to the ground, staring into the horizon as the pair made their way to the next town, unaware of him. His visions start to blur before becoming fully blanketed by darkness.

Scenes flashed before his eyes again, this time round, something he could relate to, a dream he always had. In his vision, he saw Emma the dark witch staggering to a tree. It appears that Emma was wounded. A couple helped her to settle down. One of the cloaked figure was a man with shoulders as broad as a bear but in his hand wields an oddly shaped staff. Next to him is a female carrying a shield by her right forearm, cradling what seems to be an infant within her arms. 

Just as they were about to rest for a moment, a huge sword swung fast and hard which tore those two figures apart. Wielding the large buster sword was a hooded figure equipped with golden armour with a sigil that represents the royal knights of the capital. The blow was so strong, it incapacitated both figures.   As blood was spilling out from the couple, they uttered words for mercy. The words that always appeared as mumble in his dream is actually audible this time. 

"Spare the young one! I beg of you! Please..." The women exclaimed with her last breath as life slowly drains out of her…
"Please don’t kill my Asta..."
Seeing the baby now in trouble, Emma regained her composure and summoned all the strength she has left and uttered a powerful enchantment

“Otherworldly Journey!!”

The spell transforms the surrounding light into a blinding aura sphere around the massive figure and teleported him away just as he was about to lay his hands on the crying baby. After scanning the environment to ensure their safety, Emma conjure a magic shield around herself and the baby. 

Emma then touched the baby gently on his forehead and whispered: 

“Your parents sacrificed their life for me… Young one…you are full of potential …in you I shall place part of my power...inherit my will and restore humanity you shall.... live to fulfil your destiny…Astaroth… "

The voice wanes as the vision starts to blur. Asta wanted to learn more, but found himself rudely awakened. There he lies at the same intersection, unscathed, but sprawled on the floor…

Asta finally realizes the truth. His parents died protecting Emma. But why? As Asta continues to speculate, he realized the kingdom has lied about his origins to keep him under watch...And just who was the strong mighty figure that killed his parents, how is he related to the kingdom?!
Consumed by the plethora of questions, Asta found himself boiling in rage...

"This world...the state of it now needs to change...First you betrothed my loved one to another...and now you tell me I have been kind to the ones who killed my parents..."

As Asta sinks into deep thought, He realized his calling to life.

"I will seek the truth and avenge my parents. I will get my love one back in my embrace. I will unleash chaos into the world in order to purify it."

Thus, he began a plan to recruit individuals who pledge themselves to the revival of Emma.

"Hence forth, people shall know me by the name of Astaroth and I will seek out Balthor and assemble a group of knights to deliver justice to this world.
The world needs to be cleansed and the truth can only be brought about through complete Pandemonium.”

To be continued...

Next >>
Last edited by freydom on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Crazyfight
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Valiant Force Fan Fiction: ⛧ψ Pandemonium↺ ψ⛧

Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:42 am

Tobe continued...
Tobe continued???
Tobe continued!!!
Give me the volume 2 already!!!

Thev
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:30 am

One requires immense amount imagination and inspiration to write this :o

freydom
Topic Author

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Thank you for the support guys!! 

Volume 2 will be out post weekend/ early next week!

Stay Tuned...

Cremathick
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm

If I remember correctly, there are story that goes like this :

Emma and Ethan Godric, pair of twin siblings in Arathos that are gifted with extraordinary power. Their parents were killed by opposing factions due to their well beings, however, the twins managed to escape, and swore revenge upon those that brought grief to them.

Loathing for more power, both of them turn themselves into magic that requires offering of souls. After severely pushing themselves to master the wicked magic, both of them manipulated any of prestigious families, without any care of them being involved in the murdering of their parents or not. They are all forced to kill each other.

However, consumed too far by madness, Emma found a new ideal. Humans are the source of all sufferings, and thus, need to be exterminated. Ethan, realizing that his sister has gone mad, tried to convince her to stop any further than that, but, all is naught. He already avenged his parents. He is satisfied. But, not her sister. Fearing that someday he might also be exterminated, he disappeared.

Several years has passed, Emma had succeeded on driving the whole world into chaos, which is famous as "The Great War". Right after she was about to finish her ultimate spell, Ethan appeared before her, and succeeded on killing her before she could do the finishing touch. Though the spell was stopped, tens of thousand souls are forcibly ripped from the battlefield, and Emma herself is consumed by the spell. Right before fully disappearing, Emma swore that she will come back and rewrite the world into what she desires. After all that, Ethan, yet again, disappears.

The Great War has been stopped, and each of the kingdom involved with many of their losses, agreed upon an unconditional peace.

Over a decade had passed, and each of the kingdom are on their rebuilding phase, however, several strange phenomenon marks the second coming of Emma.

(I don't know if you already read this story during the screen when you are downloading the game's file for the first time, however, this should be a good reference for those who didn't knew that this story existed ^^)

ColdIcePrincess

Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:59 pm

I NEED VOLUME TWO! 
Great Story btw ! love it !

GraySea

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 am

VOLUME 2 PLEASE

you make me wanna publish mine

freydom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Thank you all for the encouragements! It really means a lot to me :)

@Cremathick Thank you for posting the excerpt here! Yup i read it! haha but I rushed through it on my first time..had to reread it before writing the first volume

@ Crazyfight @Thev @ColdIcePrincess Thanks for the support!! I will try to write and finsh the 2nd volume within a week's time!

@Graysea Please publish your fan-fiction too! I would love to see it! and i am sure everyone here would as well! It will be fun :)

By the way, as this story is meant to exist in the same universe as the game plot although depicting events from an alternative perspective, i have made some changes to the original volume 1 as there are some areas which I realized on hindsight did not match the story ( After i replayed the prologue earlier). For example, I didnt know it was Theia that brought Leon to safety...hahah

And also pls pardon any grammatical errors I may have made...i am quite new to writing:)

Stay Tuned...;)

Cremathick
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Keep up the good work man.

As a fellow fiction writer, I awaits for upcoming releases ;)
(Though I don't really have any courage to publish mine, you have my kudos for that :D)

freydom
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Keep up the good work man.

As a fellow fiction writer, I awaits for upcoming releases ;)
(Though I don't really have any courage to publish mine, you have my kudos for that :D)
Thanks Cremathick !
Please publish your work soon...I would really love to read it.
I look forward to reading yours and Graysea's soon. And everyone's actually :)
Cheers,
Freydom