GraySea
Topic Author

[Fan Work] (Update 11/01) Valiant Force Fan Fiction: The Chronicles of Titans (Moved)

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:24 pm

Chronicles of Titans: Short Stories of Arathos

Introducing Chronicles of Titans -- a series of Short Stories about the heroes of Arathos in the Universe of Valiant Force. It takes place in an alternate universe to establish its own canon. 

~*~*~*~

~Introduction~

In an Alternative Universe, far in the west, the proud country of Arathos celebrates its heroic endeavour with the annual Royal tournament “Titans of Coliseum”, a tournament for warriors from all over the country to compete against each other for the prestigious title of Titan, a title crowned for the strongest warrior in the world. 

Each hero must defeat their opponent in every round, to gain a chance to challenge the reigning Titan for their prestigious title. The Royal Family of Arathos also rewards a variety of great rewards and prizes, as much as 1 million gold for the Titan, and various valuable selection of arsenals and insignias. 

Warriors and fighters all over the country trained themselves and travelled far to participate in this event, as not only for a chance to hone their skills, but also for the chance to meet the Valiants, a mysterious group of powerful heroes, who had defeated the Sky Dragon Levias 10 years ago, and subsequently various other enemies throughout the years. Their reputation are undisputed, but their presence are always shrouded in mystery, as not many people know of their origin other than their names. 

Each year, The Valiants would appear in the Arena as challengers as the participants proceed through the tournament, to show that the participants truly deserve to take the title of Titan. Very few heroes has defeated them, and few that did, had become Valiant themselves, such as Grand Ranger Kane and Lady Freya the Champion, who had both earned their names before joining the Valiants. 

What adventure awaits us at the Coliseum this year? Which battle would go down in history? Who would be crown as the Titan? Let us find out in the new chapters of Chronicle of Titans! 

~*~*~*~

Content

Book 1 - 
[1.0] Life of Cybella
- [1.1] Entry 1
- [1.2] Entry 2

FUTURE CONTENTS MOVED TO FAN ART FORUM

~*~*~*~
Last edited by GraySea on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

GraySea
Topic Author

Re: [Fan Work] Valiant Force Fan Fiction: The Chronicles of Titans

Book 1

Life of Cybella

~*~*~*~

XX October, Thursday
Generally wet 

After 3 days of travelling, I’ve FINALLY reached Arathos. The journey was… Rocky, to say the least. But at least I’m safe. I had a few chats with the dude on the carriage, and I found out that it’s probably too much for me to stay in the capital. I decided that he should just drop me off by the village at the outskirts of the city, and I found lodgings there quite easily. Then maybe I can find a guild for work in the city? I probably can learn about the city and the people… I could use some sharpening up too, been really rusty, I can’t even shoot a bird from the ground now, with all this riding.

The little inn is called The Bee Hive. It’s pretty warm and cozy, and as the name suggests the place makes very good mead. The Landlady’s name is Madam Prim, but everyone just calls her Prim. She’s this middle aged lady who looks very kind. She has bushy, short, dirty blonde hair and a plump red face. Her eyes are small but who cares if your eyes are small when you’re always smiling. 

I arrived just before sunset. When I first walked into the Inn, I was greeted by the lady’s smile, and she said, “Hello, dear! You look like you’re not from here, looking for a place to stay?”

“Yes! I’ve travelled far and I plan to stay for a month or so.”

“Oh my! You must be a brave young girl! C’mere, let me sit you down and get you a mead. I’ll have my men pack your luggage for a room. Want some food? We have meat pie for today’s special, it’s one of the best! You HAVE to try it.”

“Uhm, okay, yes, thank you.” I probably nodded like an idiot there. I still can’t quite get used to the fact that I’m travelling so much now, ever since I started to participate in tournaments. I was quite happy at least to be greeted by such warmth. There weren’t many people in the Inn today - I think it’s just because it’s kinda rainy. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

Madam Prim introduced herself and told me a little about the village. She found out that I’m here for the Coliseum and she seemed impressed. 

When I was almost done with my dinner, a bunch of loud, obnoxious gang of guys came into the Inn. It was about 4 of them? I swear I could hear them before they even came in. And when they came in, I was like “EWWW” the stench! The mixture of mud and light rain and sweat is probably not a good concoction for a perfume, dear future perfumists. 

They sat themselves down at the windowside table all wet and stinky. One of the taller ones, with a pretentious hat and deep voice, yelled at the Landlady, “Prim! The usual!” 

“Yes, my boys, right there in a moment!”

I probably stared too hard on the side of his face and our eye met for a second. Well, that was awkward. I looked away, and pretended to look outside of the other window. That bird suddenly looked very interesting. But in the corner of my eyes I definitely micro-sensed him smirking.

Alright, alright, you’re cute. I get it. I rolled eyes. Twenty times.

I finished my food, went to Madam Prim and told her I’m going to rest for the night. 

“Your room is second to the right dear! Get yourself a bath and have a good sleep, alright?” She said while she was filling up more meads for the noisy boys. 

I’m VERY tired. And, yeah, I’m getting real low on gold. Well, the last tournament win was huge but not enough to sustain me for more than 2 months like I thought it would be. Tomorrow I’ll probably be heading out to the city to find out if there’s any guilds I could join and hire me for some work. That will probably be a good start. Anyway, gonna sleep now. Good night, diary! 

Muacks. 

Signed,
~L♥ve Cybella~ 

~*~*~*~

<Next Entry>

Special thanks: Freydom, my editor, few friends from Guild.
Last edited by GraySea on Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:47 am, edited 8 times in total.

GraySea
Topic Author

Thank you so much for reading~

Under Freydom’s encouragement I’ve decided to work on my story idea and present Chronicles of Titans! It will be series of short stories (think Light Novel) focused on perspectives of a few heroes. I’m starting with Cybella because it was a silly idea I had from the Halloween event that Kane is actually a siscon *giggles*. Cybella gets really jealous about it. And I was like, I should totally write a fanfiction about it.

And then Titans of the Coliseum event came, and I thought it was perfect setting for Cybella’s story, due to the fact Cybella actually is known for winning tournaments and working towards becoming a Valiant. Not only that, I have all the excuses to make everyone appear in the stories if I choose to do so. Therefore, the Chronicles of Titans was born.

Cybella’s story will mainly be a rom-com with action elements tied to it. I want to write a story for people like me, who just want a light-hearted, easy to digest story to spend their time on. In contrast, my other planned characters might be a bit more cynical compared to this. I have eyes on Vincent, Kiera, and probably Freya. I’m not sure yet...

I hope you guys enjoy this…!

Kuu

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Beautiful start, keep up the good work! I wonder what awaits our fellow adventurer Cybella, love? fame? or perhaps...ohh this gets me excited, hope to see more of these entries!

nekomaki
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:49 pm

i'm waiting for the continuation *cough* 

uratex16

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:07 am

Very nice. Fits Cybella's lore perfectly.

I would want a Vincentafter Cybella as well!:D

GraySea
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:13 am

@kuu, nyanko: Thank you so much for your support!

@uratex16: thanks! I do plan to write about Vincent. I feel he has a lot of potential and I think a lot of people would enjoy his perspective. I am still trying to figure out how to fit Vincent into Cybella's narrative atm. 

Please look forward for Entry 2! 

TwistedFate

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:47 am

Too creative, worth reading!
Gonna leave a 5☆, and hoping for a continuation.
ㅎㅅㅎ

YasakaKanako
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:18 am

You.. potrayed her as an ambitious person quite good. She went through troubles only to reach for her goal.
I wonder if the guy she looked at is just another NPC, or... someone we're familiar with, perhaps? xD
This idea is really good. I mean, we met with almost everyone but not the 5* heroes.. hmm.

I have an input if you don't mind: You might want to mention the more exact position on next entries (since the whole game takes place here, this can be too wide if we simply only mention Arathos), such as the area or region. This might help reader get the atmosphere of where a scene takes place. Perhaps except for where the coliseum takes place.. because afaik official contents didn't mention it at all.

I can go with the idea that Kane might be slightly sis-con (or overprotective?), my headcanon is that he's tsundere as well. Kane-Cybella isn't my cup of tea but I'm definitely always open for any good reads like this xD

Anyway, I'm so so so happy to know there are people who appreciate stories presented. T_T Please let me know where to get in touch with you lol
I always wanted to do a series of fanwork like this (in different.. form, don't worry) and post them here, but I never had the courage, but now that you're here...

Keep up the good work!!
Secretly also looking forward to Vincent's story~ and maybe Kai too if you ever thought of him lol
And terribly sorry for the long post, I ended up writing all my feelings orz

GraySea
Topic Author

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:46 am

Too creative, worth reading!
Gonna leave a 5☆, and hoping for a continuation.
ㅎㅅㅎ
Thank you~ TF <3
You.. potrayed her as an ambitious person quite good. She went through troubles only to reach for her goal.
I wonder if the guy she looked at is just another NPC, or... someone we're familiar with, perhaps? xD
This idea is really good. I mean, we met with almost everyone but not the 5* heroes.. hmm.

I have an input if you don't mind: You might want to mention the more exact position on next entries (since the whole game takes place here, this can be too wide if we simply only mention Arathos), such as the area or region. This might help reader get the atmosphere of where a scene takes place. Perhaps except for where the coliseum takes place.. because afaik official contents didn't mention it at all.

I can go with the idea that Kane might be slightly sis-con (or overprotective?), my headcanon is that he's tsundere as well. Kane-Cybella isn't my cup of tea but I'm definitely always open for any good reads like this xD

Anyway, I'm so so so happy to know there are people who appreciate stories presented. T_T Please let me know where to get in touch with you lol
I always wanted to do a series of fanwork like this (in different.. form, don't worry) and post them here, but I never had the courage, but now that you're here...

Keep up the good work!!
Secretly also looking forward to Vincent's story~ and maybe Kai too if you ever thought of him lol
And terribly sorry for the long post, I ended up writing all my feelings orz
Thank you so much for the feedback! To answer your question:
1) yep I'm aware of that. The details of the Coliseum are a bit vague for now due to 2 reasons -- a) the fact that Cybella wasn't focused on that because she has planned ahead what to do before coliseum, and b) there's more context to come... Otherwise, yep, I'm trying to be careful on that. And I think there's just a lot of character stuff going on that kinda couldn't make way for more detail. It's a diary afterall. I can definitely work on that on the next few entries to reflect a slightly more immersive narrative.

2) I actually have plans for both of them, on my general drafts. A lot of characters have bigger spotlights, some just mentioned in the passing. Some won't even appear. But I want to and will try to tie a lot of things together by the end of Book 1. 
Sidenote, I suddenly have a lot of ideas about Vincent... Oohhh..

I'm available here! (I'm the only healer that's not Beancurd)

https://discord.gg/RBTtzdR 

Another Fan Fic writer, Freydom, also frequents our server. 

Anyways, I love long posts. Thanks again~