JeForceX
Topic Author

[Fan Fiction] Pathway to Darkness

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 pm

Pathway to Darkness
A valiant fan fiction by yours truly ~ JeForceX

"Loyalty is blindness and protection is weakness. Embark on a journey away from home to lift a terrible curse. Darkness awaits for those who venture outside the safety of home."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

Prologue | Era of Darkness
Chapter 1 | The Road Less Traveled
Chapter 2 | Home Away From Home
Chapter 3 | Journey to Khorban
Chapter 4 | Picking Up The Pieces
Chapter 5 | To Be Advised
Chapter 6 | To Be Advised
Chapter 7 | To Be Advised
Chapter 8 | To Be Advised
Chapter 9 | To Be Advised
Chapter 10 | To Be Advised
Chapter 11 | To Be Advised
Chapter 12 | To Be Advised
Epilogue | To Be Advised

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

The story takes place after Balthor was defeated by Leon and the Valiants.
All character names are fictional and any resemblance to people who are living or dead in the real world are purely coincidental.
Last edited by JeForceX on Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

JeForceX
Topic Author

Re: [Fan Fiction] Pathway to Darkness

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Prologue | Era of Darkness

An era of darkness has fallen upon my hometown of Kojun.
My highness has been down with a strange illness for weeks.
Her body is weak and she could not stay awake for anything more than an hour.
Even the best medical experts in town could not save her.

My blades can strike down anyone who threatens the safety of my highness.
However, I cannot strike down an enemy who is not physically there.
I have spoken to many townsfolks but no one has any idea about this strange illness.
A traveling merchant overheard my conversation and spoke to me.

There is a powerful mystic who lives in the faraway land of Everglades.
She is also an archaeologist by hobby who is well-versed in ancient languages.
Perhaps she would know something about the strange illness that has afflicted my highness.
The strange illness could be poison, black magic, or even a curse.

My name is Fujikage Kira.
I am traveling far from my homeland of Kalryn to the faraway land of Everglades.
I am searching for a powerful mystic who goes by the name of Ellis Quinn.
Hopefully this person actually exists!
Please be safe while I am out of town, Akagi Izumi-sama!

Current: Prologue | Era of Darkness
Next: Chapter 1 | The Road Less Traveled
Last edited by JeForceX on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

freydom

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:57 am

wow~! Ellis! Very interesting choice of character and one of my favorite too! :))
*Bookmarked*

And by the way, thank you so much for linking the  Pandemonium Fan Fiction in the Valiant Force Global Group! :)

JeForceX
Topic Author

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:46 am

wow~! Ellis! Very interesting choice of character and one of my favorite too! :))
*Bookmarked*

And by the way, thank you so much for linking the  Pandemonium Fan Fiction in the Valiant Force Global Group! :)
Thanks for the support freydom!
Your work on 'Pandemonium' is a great inspiration for all would-be fan fiction writers. :)

The biographies in the hero gallery serve as great source materials for creating new fan fiction.
Interesting how the shadow characters like Shizu, Kai, and Kira all originated from the region of Kalryn.

MeldyBlue

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Great startup :) Looking forward  to more :)

JeForceX
Topic Author

Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Chapter 1 | The Road Less Traveled

As the sun rises up progressively from the eastern horizon, Kira is out of town and already traveling on the road outside the safety of his home region of Kalryn towards the faraway land of Everglades with a heavy rucksack on his back. The dirt road is a long and unforgiving journey but Kira presses on with the hope of bringing a cure to his highness Akagi-sama.

On his left are rice paddy fields stretching far beyond the horizon of what his eyes can see. On his right are soft rolling hills littered with farmhouses, barns, and cherry blossom trees. A farmer who works nearby saw Kira and approached him for a short conversation.

Farmer: Where are you heading to son?
Kira: I am traveling to the faraway land of Everglades.
Farmer: Everglades? What kind of business do you have there?
Kira: I am looking for a powerful mystic who goes by the name of 'Ellis Quinn'. Have you heard of this name?
Farmer: Ellis Quinn? Never heard of this name before.
Kira: Well, I will try to find out more about the existence of this powerful mystic once I reach Everglades.
Farmer: The road to Everglades continue to be dangerous even though Balthor was defeated by valiant heroes.
Kira: Thank you kind sir! I will be careful on the road ahead.

After a quick conversation with a local farmer, Kira continues his journey on the dirt road towards the faraway land of Everglades. A few hours passed since he continued to walk on the dirt road which led him to a crossroad. Sitting in the midst of the crossroad is a broken wagon and three suspicious men in hooded robes standing around.

Kira approached the suspicious men in hooded robes to ask for directions.

Kira: Well hello there! Which way is it to the faraway land of Everglades?
Suspicious Man: Hey you there! Are you a friend or foe of our blood lord?
Kira: Blood lord? I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Suspicious Man: Then you are not one with the blood lord. Brothers, we got warm blood tribute for our blood lord!

As soon as the suspicious man ended the conversation, all of them took out their daggers and started charging towards Kira. Being well-trained in melee combat and lightning reflexes, Kira managed to dodge every single swing of the blades.

Kira: SHADOW STRIKE!

In just a split second, Kira whizzed past all three men in hooded robes and took them all down. At the end of the quick battle, Kira walked over to the broken wagon and took a look inside. Lying on the floorboard of the wagon is a young-looking priestess with both her hands and feet being tied up by ropes. Kira used his blades to cut the ropes free and checked on her.

Kira: Sister, are you alright?
Priestess: Thank you so much for saving my life! I thought I was already done for.
Kira: What happened? Who are these men?
Priestess: I was on my way home from the fields when these men attacked my wagon. They claimed to worship some kind of 'Blood Lord' and will capture non-believers as blood tribute.
Kira: Sounds like a cult which engages in blood rituals. I am glad that you are safe now.
Priestess: My name is Siena Everhart and I am a priestess from Namuu, Everglades. Are you heading towards Everglades?
Kira: My name is Fujikage Kira and I am a traveler from Kojun, Kalryn. Yes, I am traveling to Everglades but I need some help with directions.
Siena: As a form of gratitude for saving my life, I can show you the way to Everglades.
Kira: Thank you sister! That will be very helpful! Let us be on our way before more cultists appear.

Both Kira and Siena started to walk down the dirt road towards the faraway land of Everglades.

Previous: Prologue | Era of Darkness
Current: Chapter 1 | The Road Less Traveled
Next: Chapter 2 | Home Away From Home
Last edited by JeForceX on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

ashenwind

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:09 pm

The biographies in the hero gallery serve as great source materials for creating new fan fiction.
Interesting how the shadow characters like Shizu, Kai, and Kira all originated from the region of Kalryn.
All of them except for Levy, Vann, Garett, and Seraphina. those four do not have access to higher tier class of shadows and judging from their biography, are mostly affiliated with dubious part of Arathos; Garett is both a thief and gambler, Vann is an informant for hire, Seraphina is a circus performer and a part-time killer-for-hire. Levy is the only exception among them.

I guess in Kalryn, Shadows are what we call Ronin in this world.

That aside, will this cult (zealots?) make another appearance in the future? I mean, it's a potential plot point. Of all people, why they took Siena? If all they need is warm blood, then the farmer Kira meet on the road (and any other random villager since the farm is not that far way, unless Kira walks very fast.) before encountering this ill-fated cult members will also serve the requirement.

If they attack Siena's wagon because they knew that she's an unbeliever to their blood god, then how did they know?
And what was the reason for Siena journeying away from her hometown, that she easily put it to delay to guide Kira?

Oh well, I guess I asked far too many question when it's only this early. :lol: Sorry.

Solemnly waiting for the continuation ;)
Last edited by ashenwind on Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeForceX
Topic Author

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:22 pm

All of them except for Levy, Vann, Garett, and Seraphina. those four do not have access to higher tier class of shadows and judging from their biography, are mostly affiliated with dubious part of Arathos; Garett is both a thief and gambler, Vann is an informant for hire, Seraphina is a circus performer and a part-time killer-for-hire. Levy is the only exception among them.

I guess in Kalryn, Shadows are what we call Ronin in this world.

That aside, will this cult (zealots?) make another appearance in the future? I mean, it's a potential plot point. Of all people, why they took Siena? If all they need is warm blood, then the farmer Kira meet on the road (and any other random villager since the farm is not that far way, unless Kira walks very fast.) before encountering this ill-fated cult members will also serve the requirement.

Solemnly waiting for the continuation ;)
Thanks for reading my work of fan fiction and interesting hero biography analysis you have there!

With regard to why the cultist 'chose' to attack Siena, it was a coincidence that Siena crossed paths with the cultists at the crossroads while traveling home to Everglades.
Something along the lines of being at the wrong place and exactly at the wrong time.

Even if Kira did not travel to the crossroads, the cultists would have transported Siena by 'hand carry' (since the wagon was broken) to their hideout and carry out a blood ritual. The farmers will still be safe until the cultists are done sacrificing Siena at their hideout.

I cannot spoil too much of the plot at this point of time but will confirm with my readers that there will be more encounters with the 'Cult of the Blood Lord' in the future. ;)

ashenwind

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Ah I see  :)

Didn't see your reply as I was editting my post. I see that some of my question has been answered. Thanks! And that's fast :lol:

JeForceX
Topic Author

Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Ah I see  :)

Didn't see your reply as I was editting my post. I see that some of my question has been answered. Thanks! And that's fast :lol:
Thanks for the immense interest in my work of fan fiction!
Here are some questions for the additional questions.

Q1. If they attack Siena's wagon because they knew that she's an unbeliever to their blood god, then how did they know?
Siena is a full-time priestess wearing the robes of her church which gave away her identity without needing to say anything.

Q2. What was the reason for Siena journeying away from her hometown, that she easily put it to delay to guide Kira?
Siena was done visiting a chapel outside of Everglades and happened to be traveling home. Coincidentally, she bumped into the cultists at the crossroads.