Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Valiants' Revamp 2.0 Edition 2

Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:00 pm

Why don't we add the recent mechanics introduced in the fallen justic event where some enemies have an "effect" with their normal attacks?

1.) Darrion - Normal attack automatically TAUNTS the targeted opponent. Each attack adds 5% ATK from DEF with maximum of 15% stacked ATK Buff

2.) Freya - Normal attack automatically casts BLEED. Each attack adds 5% ATK from ATK with maximum of 20% stacked ATK Buff

3.) Kane - Normal attack has a 20% chance to PIERCE opponent's DEF for reduction of 5% DEF from ATK. Maximum of 15% DEF Debuff

4.) Kiera - Normal attack automatically casts BURN for 10% MAG for 2 turns.  Chance to reduce MAG by 5% for maximum of 15 % MAG Debuff

5.) Lucille - Normal attack automatically casts ROOT to opponent. Chance to heal others in aura by 10% MAG.

6.) Shizu - Normal attacks automatically casts SILENCE. Chance to Blind opponent by 20%
it would be too op then lul, valiant getting stats boost already, if skills are cast upon attacking that would be a disaster. XD
You have a point and everyone might have a squad full of valiants. That's scary enough.

sweetamy
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:12 am

about Kiera-Elementalist, what i want to see.

Deal 30% damage to 3x3 enemies plus 70% Max HP as magic damage.
and burn 50% damage for 2 turns.

this way really great than 33% chance to stun, that awful.
70% of Target HP look like OP, but it's not when calculate to Magic Damage.

or if it's work that way... Dev can adjust to the balance point easily, just make Kiera-Elementalist do damage as target HP
so she can do both PVP and PVE well.

and the concept of Elementalist is waiting 7 turns to Destruction isn't?

ashenwind

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:39 am

about Kiera-Elementalist, what i want to see.

Deal 30% damage to 3x3 enemies plus 70% Max HP as magic damage.
and burn 50% damage for 2 turns.

this way really great than 33% chance to stun, that awful.
70% of Target HP look like OP, but it's not when calculate to Magic Damage.

or if it's work that way... Dev can adjust to the balance point easily, just make Kiera-Elementalist do damage as target HP
so she can do both PVP and PVE well.

and the concept of Elementalist is waiting 7 turns to Destruction isn't?
70% of enemy's hp is OP as heck. Imagine casting that on raid bosses :lol: The dev won't implement something like that because it'll render equipment and stat raising obsolete, as this one skill will near-kill any kind of enemy without having to build up statuses.

edit: while true that it'll give a huge edge for Kiera, it will be indeed too OP outside arena. Unless there is a maximum damage limit applied to it. Afterall, even a 25% of enemy's health as damage is already a nice to have cheat against high health units.  It's a good idea, but there should be a limiting factor to it to make it less overpowered.

And I guess everyone (that includes me) seemed to misunderstood that Elementalist'  trademark is huge damage. :lol: Elementalist' trademark is most likely to be  actually the burn damage on wide area, not the huge initial damage.

hypert

Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Dunno if anyone already mentioned this, but 1 thing that makes Ronan / Talissa Warlock better than Kiera is their targeting mechanism. As a Mystic Valiant, Kiera is supposed to be able to wipe out enemy packs in large area, but due to her targeting requires a unit to be at the center of her target area, sometimes she can only dish out half of her total damage. Ronan and Talissa (especially Talissa Warlock) can damage any non-immune enemy wherever they are even if when the enemy forces are divided (ex: enemies at the front AND back side of our squad), while Kiera can only target as much as 3x3 enemies that are packed together. She is the Valiant, and thus she is supposed to be doing better than the other mystics

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:17 pm

Are we ready for the finalized edition soon?? :D

knives07

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:31 pm

don't disappoint on the freya zerker miloD. Don't you dare.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:17 pm

All I can say is, never judge a unit by itself :3

knives07

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:36 pm

All I can say is, never judge a unit by itself :3
tell that to your summoners. -_-

Silmeria

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:44 pm

i'm ready i'm ready i'm ready (read it in spongebob's voice)

YayuSheng

Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Bring it on, & i really hope it's not dissapointing, bcs i already have some pattern in how're u doing ur revamped & some of them very too good, & some of them seems lazy or don't have any creativity(bold example : Freiya Gladiator).. so bring it on, so we can judge it properly, ty for the effort though :\