Vincent Gladiator
Passive
Increased buff from 8% to 12%

Vincent Dragoon
Passive
Chance increased from 30% to 35%

Vincent Berserker
Active
Active now burns 25% HP directly instead of 20% Damage over Time per turn for 2 turns

Passive
Reduced damage buff from 25% to 20%

Vincent Warlord
Active
Improved CD from 6 to 5

Passive
Damage increased from 80% to 90%

Leah Berserker
Active
Active now burns 25% HP directly instead of 35% DEF for 2 turns

Teresa Inquisitor
Active
Improved CD from 7 to 6

Teresa Archbishop
Active
Improved CD from 7 to 6

Teresa Spirit Walker
Heals all for 500 + 10-40% of MAG 3 Turns (ALL) changed to Heals all for 90 - 120% of MAG 2 Turns (ALL)
Added Buff 20% ATK based of MAG

Teresa Witch Doctor
Improved Healing from 40-70% to 70-100%

Luthor Inquisitor
Active
Improved CD from 7 to 6

Luthor Archbishop
Active
Improved CD from 5 to 4
Reduced Healing from 200-260% to 160-220%

Luthor Spirit Walker
Active
Improved CD from 5 to 4
Cast 15% Amplify to All Enemies for 2 turns
Heals all for 500 + 10-40% of MAG 3 Turns (ALL) changed to Heals all for 20 - 50% of MAG 2 Turns (ALL)

Passive
Increase damage from 85% to 100%

Luthor Witch Doctor
Active
Improved CD from 7 to 6
Reduced Silence chance from 100% to 80%

Theia Archbishop
Active
Added Heal Allies for 70% based of MAG (ALL)

Kahuna Spirit Walker
Active
Improved CD from 5 to 4
Increased Reflect from 50% to 100%

Kahuna Witch Doctor
Active
Improved CD from 6 to 5
Reduced Heal from 40-70% to 30-60%
Increased Reduce Healing from 50% to 60%

Talissa Warlock
Active
Reduced damage from 80% to 70%
Reduced Pet buff from 25% to 15%

Pet
On Attack
Reduce chance to DOT from 100% to 75%

Sven Berserker
Active
Increased CD from 2 to 3
Reduced Trigger rate from 40% to 35%

Pet
On Attack
Reduced chance to debuff DEF from 100% to 75%
Added 75% Chance to reduce HP by 20%

Matilda Witch Doctor
Pet
Increased Debuff MAG from 20% to 30%
Reduced chance from 100% to 75%

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Re: Heroes Changelog

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi guys! MiloD here to talk about the balance changes!

Most of the heroes would have gotten an improvement of some sort, be it reducing their cooldown or improving their effects. We want to ensure that our first few heroes are not totally left behind after the Valiants Revamp, and we want to keep them relevant to the game.

These balance changes were made to allow each hero to continue excelling in what they do, without being too overpowered. Let me go through some of these heroes for you!

Talissa Warlock
Talissa on release immediately became the most powerful mystic in the game. Along with Ronan, she ruled the arena. Thus we balanced her out by changing the summoners mechanics in arena. However, the buff on the pet is still too high, and she was picking out mystics in the backline. That was too much for players and thus we decided to balance her a little by reducing her initial output and the pet's damage. For well equipped players, she should still do her job very well. But it's no longer a walk in the park and you will need to think before you act!

Sven Berserker
I know that many players will feel extremely miffed with this change. Sven Zerk was the only hero to have 2CD, along with a 3CD pet sacrifice. This was great as he was a counter to tanks. However, he walloped everything in his path, with the range of a ranger and the damage of a champion. The initial thought is to directly balance his buffed damage and trigger chance along with the cooldown. Then we found another way. We kept his explosiveness, but reduced his total output. It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena. Thus, this addition of a reduction in HP was to ensure consistency. Basically, the dragon will no longer be able to go on nonstop. But he will still be able to dish out heavy heavy damage when used properly to take down enemies in the arena. 

We hope that this helps in your understanding of how we balanced the Heroes. Let's all adapt together to these changes!

Secondly, feel free to pop me questions regarding other heroes! :)

Silmeria

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 pm

Sven's pet dies too fast. 20% HP is too much, I think 10% is enough... Or make it scaling to current HP instead of max HP.
Nerf is fine but this Nerf is too much...

Mercurise

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:36 pm

I am really curious about the developers' state of mind when they decided that making Sven Berserker's pet take damage per shot was a good idea. While i understand that the issue was that he was too powerful in arena due to the sometimes high trigger rate, could there not have been a proc cap/diminishing returns on proc mechanic in place rather than taking damage? Furthermore, this "fix" also extends to PvE situations rendering him nigh unusable to help in PvE content clearing, effectively making Sven Berserker a useless class and one to avoid for both PvE and PvP.

It's easy to ask us to adapt to the changes, but that big a change and after personally spending well over a month to get my Sven raid gear and nice runes, i am not sure if this is worth it anymore.

Pat437

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:37 pm

My initial opinion on Sven's change is that it is a bigger nerf for him in PVE than in PVP.

75% chance to reduce 20% HP is really nothing in PVP - if it gets unlucky, it will still be able to trigger 5 hits before it dies, which is still a lot of damage.
The pet usually doesn't survive till the next time it can be used again anyway (killed by Talissa's poison or other things) 
3 turns CD in PVP is nothing much changed for him.

However, in PVE, this change is going to hurt Sven A LOT... he may no longer be able to sustain trigger because the pet is dead.
3 turns in PVE is a lot of damage lost if the pet dies prematurely.

Is this the intended change for the devs? 
As i read MiloD's reasoning for the change, it seems to be more intended for nerfing PVP, but in reality, i think it hurts Sven more in PVE than in PVP with the change.
Last edited by Pat437 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazamai
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Sven Berserker
I know that many players will feel extremely miffed with this change. Sven Zerk was the only hero to have 2CD, along with a 3CD pet sacrifice. This was great as he was a counter to tanks. However, he walloped everything in his path, with the range of a ranger and the damage of a champion. The initial thought is to directly balance his buffed damage and trigger chance along with the cooldown. Then we found another way. We kept his explosiveness, but reduced his total output. It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena. Thus, this addition of a reduction in HP was to ensure consistency. Basically, the dragon will no longer be able to go on nonstop. But he will still be able to dish out heavy heavy damage when used properly to take down enemies in the arena.

We hope that this helps in your understanding of how we balanced the Heroes. Let's all adapt together to these changes!

Hi MiloD, just wonder what you guys think about ranger trigger team? I get a feeling with all these change ranger trigger team will thrive again. no team will be fast enough to try break their formation. maybe only a well equip turtle team can fight against these team now. 

Sonny6166

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Sven Berserker

Hi MiloD, just wonder what you guys think about ranger trigger team? I get a feeling with all these change ranger trigger team will thrive again. no team will be fast enough to try break their formation. maybe only a well equip turtle team can fight against these team now. 
exactly wut i thought of...... i foresee archer team and guardian team again.... they basically just replace sven with gwen...

Sonny6166

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:42 pm

My initial opinion on Sven's change is that it is a bigger nerf for him in PVE than in PVP.

75% chance to reduce 20% HP is really nothing in PVP - if it gets unlucky, it will still be able to trigger 5 hits before it dies, which is still a lot of damage.
The pet usually doesn't survive till the next time it can be used again anyway (killed by Talissa's poison or other things) 

However, in PVE, this change is going to hurt Sven A LOT... he may no longer be able to sustain trigger because the pet is dead.

As i read MiloD's reasoning for the change, it seems to be more intended for nerfing PVP, but in reality, i think it hurts Sven more in PVE than in PVP with the change.
i can't even use sven for raid now.... rest in peace sven... all hail drake raid era has finally come!

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi there! Sven's nerf was to prevent the non stop damage output in PvP! For PvE, there are ways around it aint it? :3

Mercurise

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi there! Sven's nerf was to prevent the non stop damage output in PvP! For PvE, there are ways around it aint it? :3
Wow, what a response. I take it this approach the devs have taken was to intentionally stomp Sven Berserkers into the ground and make him unusable in all situations then?