User avatar
ashenwind
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:30 am

Pat437 wrote:
ashenwind wrote:
Lightwind wrote:
The furor here is a case in point of an earlier post I made about how (a) it needs to be made clearer whether players ought to expect existing heroes to be made obsolete and (b) important it is to properly communicate big changes to and manage expectations of the player base. Ideally, I guess we would like at least one of each class to be in a good spot like say, Faye. 

While I think most of us knew a nerf/adjustment to Sven would be coming (and Talissa WL's pet) , given how Sven forms such an integral part of the game at the moment, it might have been a better idea to pre-empt the player base and discuss beforehand just like with the Valiant Revamp. Rest assured not everyone who is unhappy will bother to post on forums.

In the meantime, other than to use a life leech aura, are there other ways to keep Sven's pet alive? Perhaps one of the new talents or auras? Although it shouldn't be a Valiant-exclusive ability as Valiants are not that easy to obtain. I'm still slowly digesting the changes... didn't have time to try out everything yet. 

 Yeah, as I stated in my earlier post, I agree that the nerfing is too sudden and came without warning. And should've been coming as early as few weeks after sven's release. But it took the dev more than 2 months before doing it. This is the root of the problem actually.

On my experiences on other games, once it was found that some element of the game is too OP, usually it will be nerfed pretty quickly (the longest being 3 months), While most of the times arrived without warning, some people still expect it anyway. They make use of the op-ness, but prepared alternative path because they know it won't last. This is what should've been the player's approach to Sven zerker.

But, it took this long for the nerf to rise. I can't really blame other players for lowering their guard. It just happened. That's all.

About keeping the wyvern alive. I think you should first think about what you want to use the wyvern for: quick burst of damaging attack triggers, or auxiliary firepower and the huge damage at the end of the wyvern's atk buff. If it's the former, the only way would be to make use lifesteal aura, or casts Theia's auto revive buff on it, or just protect it with Faye's shield. It will prolong the wyvern's lifespan and trigger rate.

If it's the latter, then you can just place the wyvern away from sven, so it will live long enough to launch the sacrifice skill, while at the same time still capable of throwing some strong covering fire albeit not as fierce as if you place it next to sven.

If you want the mix of both, I think you can just use the wyvern as the core dps part of an SDD team. SDD being SDD, it's only good for raids and small amount of hard to kill bosses. But the better part of it is that you don't need to walk forward in order to make full use of it against bosses with starting positions that is slightly away from your team.

Edit: in the meantime, I have another suggestion concerning Sven. If devs decided to remove the hp loss/attack, please reduce the wyvern initial attack to the point it doesn't overcome sven's own attack. That way, the wyvern will only act as 'a second sven' but with ranged attack. Still maintaining that ranged attacker with a champion's damage outlook. In exchange, ramp up the buff given to sven when the wyvern sacrifice itself. As it is now, the buff from the the wyvern is low compared to other berserker (I know it's to balance out the fact that Sven's damage burst come much faster than others). With the wyvern weakened attack stat, it should be a fair trade off if sven is greatly buffed after the wyvern use its skill.

On second thought, I think the dev can keep the hp loss/attack and only boost the attack buff given to sven when the wyvern uses its skill. That way, players have wider option on what to use the wyvern for. Quick suicide bomber, or buffer with occasional high damage.


Why should Sven be nerfed to the extend that he is the only summoner whose pet you have to choose between what you want to do with it ("quick burst of damaging attack triggers, or auxiliary firepower and the huge damage at the end of the wyvern's atk buff") when it has been doing those things fine all these months?

Why should Sven be nerfed to the extend that he is the only hero that needs to be babysitted for him to do the work of what he was already doing?

Now every team that consists of Sven needs to include a babysitter, otherwise he'll just not be able to perform to his normal standard. That's such a cheap way to kill off a unit!

Why is he singled out like that? Just for being the best? Why not slap the 20% HP reduction on every dps or the trigger archers especially and tell them that for them to trigger now they must break their formation and bring in some babysitters?

This game is all about the triggering and the devs themselves have always been hesitant to impose any arbitrary limits on the triggers (look how trigger archers are still around since the beginning of time) and yet with this single change on Sven, they basically imposed a limit on how much he (his pet) can trigger (oh you can trigger as much as you want still, just bring along a babysitter! What? Why?)

Sven was not the only unit getting nerfed in this patch. But he's the most complained unit. Why? Because everyone here is a crybaby or whining like you said in your previous post?

It's because with that one single change, the devs changed the way Sven needs to be played and basically just said that if you want Sven to perform to his old normal standard please bring along a babysitter to watch over him.

Nobody here thinks that Sven is not OP. He is! But the way he's nerfed basically just singled him out.

Talissa is also nerfed but did that change how we play her? No.

Faye is also nerfed but did that change how we play her? No!

And this, coming so many months after he was released. How much have they whaled him for?

Sigh.. please tell me which unit that doesn't need to be babysitted in order to shine in this game, other than sven before this patch. 

Talissa? On her own she's too squishy to survive before she can summon her pet.

Archers? They need other archer and all of them need to be on good equipments. Plus, unless they crit, they deal less amount of damage than a champion does.

Vincent and Freya? Can you honestly say you can play them without any other hero support in order for them to safely use their burst damage?

Drake? He needed the elaborate SDD squad to be able to shine the most. As well as assorted Skill Runes that cost several gems. And even then, he has limited use on both pve and pvp alike.

TELL ME, if there is any other existing hero that can act like sven. I'll bow down and stop arguing. This is exactly why he's nerfed in the first place, because he doesn't really need any other heroes to function well.

This game is about mix and match of different variety of units. Most cannot function well without combining their aura with other heroes. Then why does Sven has the right to defy that rule? If he really does have the right to defy such rule, then it'll be better off to make this game 'Sven Force' or 'Summoner Force' or something like that instead of 'Valiant Force'.

But no, this is Valiant Force. If anyone can defy the rule, it should be the valiant. And yet the dev did not let any of the valiant defy the rule. So how does that make Sven's position?

Sven is not singled out. He's being generalized if that's what you mean.

And no. I never say that anyone that complain and whine in this thread is a crybaby. Please do show me proof of me posting such thing. I only see it as natural due the current circumstance of ninja nerf and all the time they took to finally do the nerf. It's just that I'm generally dislike a complain without any suggestion on how to make things better (without changing the requirement that he should be weaker than his previous state). If any, I didn't and won't call them crybaby. They have the right to complain, as it's really causing some discomfort. I agree that it's irritating that the nerf came in a sudden and even more so after all this time has passed by.

Then again, let me ask you again what kind of people you would call them yourself? Those people who criticize your work without telling you anything to better yourself?

But you may rest easy. At this point, with all these complains, the dev should have begin to think about the way to lessen the drawback a little. If it's not enough, people can just keep complaining again anyway.

I'm just stating the fact. If you feel offended, then to me you are merely admitting your own fault in this part. If you do feel offended, then I apologize and feel sorry.
 
Jinz
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:23 am

I have to sign up an account just to write this: what the devs team done to sven made him totally useless in pve
How about nerfing sven like this
- Increase skill CD
- Decrease the ATK bonus the dragon got from sven stat
- Decrease the triggered ATK dmg
This will nerf sven power but not affect our old team formation
 
User avatar
kazamai
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:40 am

ashenwind wrote:
Sigh.. please tell me which unit that doesn't need to be babysitted in order to shine in this game, other than sven before this patch. 

TELL ME, if there is any other existing hero that can act like sven. I'll bow down and stop arguing. This is exactly why he's nerfed in the first place, because he doesn't really need any other heroes to function well.

This game is about mix and match of different variety of units. Most cannot function well without combining their aura with other heroes. Then why does Sven has the right to defy that rule? If he really does have the right to defy such rule, then it'll be better off to make this game 'Sven Force' or 'Summoner Force' or something like that instead of 'Valiant Force'.

But no, this is Valiant Force. If anyone can defy the rule, it should be the valiant. And yet the dev did not let any of the valiant defy the rule. So how does that make Sven's position?

Sven is not singled out. He's being generalized if that's what you mean.

now please tell me which hero do you expect people to use more? more variety of team?

in arena, non turtle team will be eaten alive by ranger team. 
in raid, drake sdd and ranger will still dominate top damage dealer
in event, generally event hero is needed, but Sven usually help a lot up until legend and even master,

based on explanation, the main reason they nerf him is beause of his explosiveness in arena. but as you said it yourself, the thing is no other champion class up to date, can compete with Sven. not even revamped Freya. Sven being the only champion which can do long range attack. no matter how good they revamp or buff other champion, in PVP they will need to get close to enemy before they can even hit anybody. and they're generally quite a glass cannon, especially in front row which doesn't have any damage reduction. they will be a prime target for ranger trigger team.

now let's borrow Milo's explanantion " It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena". have you ever face a good ranger trigger team? their crit will eat everything non well equipped tank.  let's ask people which is more common to get wiped out by ranger trigger team in one turn compared to get wiped out by Sven in one turn? for me it's former. 

and another reason Sven is so common and generally powerfull, is because everyone is spending the effort to build him. he will get most of the best gear and the best rune because he was effective both in PVP and PVE and another important thing is he is accessible with valiante.  

well if you want feedback instead of complain, well here's mine: 
  1. remove the HP loss from pet attack. it hurts him more in PVE than in PVP.  
  2. Dev want more vary team? do something about the ranger trigger team too. my 2cent:  make the trigger to aim the same target and stop after he/she die. it will be back to the original purpose of ranged unit. single solo damage dealer, not a party wiper. actually you can make the same rule for the pet's target too. make it target 1 hero, and stop after he/she die.
really this nerf is off the target. unless there's another reason for the nerf that they can't or won't reveal.
Last edited by kazamai on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
 
User avatar
Sonny6166
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 am

ashenwind wrote:
Pat437 wrote:
ashenwind wrote:
 Yeah, as I stated in my earlier post, I agree that the nerfing is too sudden and came without warning. And should've been coming as early as few weeks after sven's release. But it took the dev more than 2 months before doing it. This is the root of the problem actually.

On my experiences on other games, once it was found that some element of the game is too OP, usually it will be nerfed pretty quickly (the longest being 3 months), While most of the times arrived without warning, some people still expect it anyway. They make use of the op-ness, but prepared alternative path because they know it won't last. This is what should've been the player's approach to Sven zerker.

But, it took this long for the nerf to rise. I can't really blame other players for lowering their guard. It just happened. That's all.

About keeping the wyvern alive. I think you should first think about what you want to use the wyvern for: quick burst of damaging attack triggers, or auxiliary firepower and the huge damage at the end of the wyvern's atk buff. If it's the former, the only way would be to make use lifesteal aura, or casts Theia's auto revive buff on it, or just protect it with Faye's shield. It will prolong the wyvern's lifespan and trigger rate.

If it's the latter, then you can just place the wyvern away from sven, so it will live long enough to launch the sacrifice skill, while at the same time still capable of throwing some strong covering fire albeit not as fierce as if you place it next to sven.

If you want the mix of both, I think you can just use the wyvern as the core dps part of an SDD team. SDD being SDD, it's only good for raids and small amount of hard to kill bosses. But the better part of it is that you don't need to walk forward in order to make full use of it against bosses with starting positions that is slightly away from your team.

Edit: in the meantime, I have another suggestion concerning Sven. If devs decided to remove the hp loss/attack, please reduce the wyvern initial attack to the point it doesn't overcome sven's own attack. That way, the wyvern will only act as 'a second sven' but with ranged attack. Still maintaining that ranged attacker with a champion's damage outlook. In exchange, ramp up the buff given to sven when the wyvern sacrifice itself. As it is now, the buff from the the wyvern is low compared to other berserker (I know it's to balance out the fact that Sven's damage burst come much faster than others). With the wyvern weakened attack stat, it should be a fair trade off if sven is greatly buffed after the wyvern use its skill.

On second thought, I think the dev can keep the hp loss/attack and only boost the attack buff given to sven when the wyvern uses its skill. That way, players have wider option on what to use the wyvern for. Quick suicide bomber, or buffer with occasional high damage.


Why should Sven be nerfed to the extend that he is the only summoner whose pet you have to choose between what you want to do with it ("quick burst of damaging attack triggers, or auxiliary firepower and the huge damage at the end of the wyvern's atk buff") when it has been doing those things fine all these months?

Why should Sven be nerfed to the extend that he is the only hero that needs to be babysitted for him to do the work of what he was already doing?

Now every team that consists of Sven needs to include a babysitter, otherwise he'll just not be able to perform to his normal standard. That's such a cheap way to kill off a unit!

Why is he singled out like that? Just for being the best? Why not slap the 20% HP reduction on every dps or the trigger archers especially and tell them that for them to trigger now they must break their formation and bring in some babysitters?

This game is all about the triggering and the devs themselves have always been hesitant to impose any arbitrary limits on the triggers (look how trigger archers are still around since the beginning of time) and yet with this single change on Sven, they basically imposed a limit on how much he (his pet) can trigger (oh you can trigger as much as you want still, just bring along a babysitter! What? Why?)

Sven was not the only unit getting nerfed in this patch. But he's the most complained unit. Why? Because everyone here is a crybaby or whining like you said in your previous post?

It's because with that one single change, the devs changed the way Sven needs to be played and basically just said that if you want Sven to perform to his old normal standard please bring along a babysitter to watch over him.

Nobody here thinks that Sven is not OP. He is! But the way he's nerfed basically just singled him out.

Talissa is also nerfed but did that change how we play her? No.

Faye is also nerfed but did that change how we play her? No!

And this, coming so many months after he was released. How much have they whaled him for?

Sigh.. please tell me which unit that doesn't need to be babysitted in order to shine in this game, other than sven before this patch. 

Talissa? On her own she's too squishy to survive before she can summon her pet.

Archers? They need other archer and all of them need to be on good equipments. Plus, unless they crit, they deal less amount of damage than a champion does.

Vincent and Freya? Can you honestly say you can play them without any other hero support in order for them to safely use their burst damage?

Drake? He needed the elaborate SDD squad to be able to shine the most. As well as assorted Skill Runes that cost several gems. And even then, he has limited use on both pve and pvp alike.

TELL ME, if there is any other existing hero that can act like sven. I'll bow down and stop arguing. This is exactly why he's nerfed in the first place, because he doesn't really need any other heroes to function well.

This game is about mix and match of different variety of units. Most cannot function well without combining their aura with other heroes. Then why does Sven has the right to defy that rule? If he really does have the right to defy such rule, then it'll be better off to make this game 'Sven Force' or 'Summoner Force' or something like that instead of 'Valiant Force'.

But no, this is Valiant Force. If anyone can defy the rule, it should be the valiant. And yet the dev did not let any of the valiant defy the rule. So how does that make Sven's position?

Sven is not singled out. He's being generalized if that's what you mean.

And no. I never say that anyone that complain and whine in this thread is a crybaby. Please do show me proof of me posting such thing. I only see it as natural due the current circumstance of ninja nerf and all the time they took to finally do the nerf. It's just that I'm generally dislike a complain without any suggestion on how to make things better (without changing the requirement that he should be weaker than his previous state). If any, I didn't and won't call them crybaby. They have the right to complain, as it's really causing some discomfort. I agree that it's irritating that the nerf came in a sudden and even more so after all this time has passed by.

Then again, let me ask you again what kind of people you would call them yourself? Those people who criticize your work without telling you anything to better yourself?

But you may rest easy. At this point, with all these complains, the dev should have begin to think about the way to lessen the drawback a little. If it's not enough, people can just keep complaining again anyway.

I'm just stating the fact. If you feel offended, then to me you are merely admitting your own fault in this part. If you do feel offended, then I apologize and feel sorry.

i agree with the part that this is a strategy turn based game, and also sven nerf is needed but a bit over or in the wrong way.
and also, dev seems to not understand giving healer lower cd doesn't make them balanced.... about mix and matching the team and formation, i can now only see archer team and guardian team rampaging arena. 
tell me would anyone ever use warlock zedd? 

so the bigger problem here is not about nerfing is all about balancing.

the other things remain untouched is raid.... seriously? so much fun doing drake force?(Don't get me wrong, drake is fine, raid is not)
 
User avatar
Sonny6166
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:10 pm

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 am

kazamai wrote:
ashenwind wrote:
Sigh.. please tell me which unit that doesn't need to be babysitted in order to shine in this game, other than sven before this patch. 

TELL ME, if there is any other existing hero that can act like sven. I'll bow down and stop arguing. This is exactly why he's nerfed in the first place, because he doesn't really need any other heroes to function well.

This game is about mix and match of different variety of units. Most cannot function well without combining their aura with other heroes. Then why does Sven has the right to defy that rule? If he really does have the right to defy such rule, then it'll be better off to make this game 'Sven Force' or 'Summoner Force' or something like that instead of 'Valiant Force'.

But no, this is Valiant Force. If anyone can defy the rule, it should be the valiant. And yet the dev did not let any of the valiant defy the rule. So how does that make Sven's position?

Sven is not singled out. He's being generalized if that's what you mean.

now please tell me which hero do you expect people to use more? more variety of team?

in arena, non turtle team will be eaten alive by ranger team. 
in raid, drake sdd and ranger will still dominate to damage dealer
in event, generally event hero is needed, but Sven usually help a lot up until legend and even master,

based on explanation, the main reason they nerf him is beause of his explosiveness in arena. but as you said it yourself, the thing is no other champion class up to date, can compete with Sven. not even revamped Freya. Sven being the only champion which can do long range attack. no matter how good they revamp or buff other champion, in PVP they will need to get close to enemy before they can even hit anybody. and they're generally quite a glass cannon, especially in front row which doesn't have any damage reduction. they will be a prime target for ranger trigger team.

now let's borrow Milo's explanantion " It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena". have you ever face a good ranger trigger team? their crit will eat everything non well equipped tank.  let's ask people which is more common to get wiped out by ranger trigger team in one turn compared to get wiped out by Sven in one turn? for me it's former. 

and another reason Sven is so common and generally powerfull, is because everyone is spending the effort to build him. he will get most of the best gear and the best rune because he was effective both in PVP and PVE and another important thing is he is accessible with valiante.  

well if you want feedback instead of complain, well here's mine: 
  1. remove the HP loss from pet attack. it hurts him more in PVE than in PVP.  
  2. Dev want more vary team? do something about the ranger trigger team too. my 2cent:  make the trigger to aim the same target and stop after he/she die. it will be back to the original purpose of ranged unit. single solo damage dealer, not a party wiper.
really this nerf is off the target. unless there's another reason for the nerf that they can't or won't reveal.

THIS +1,
balance seems impossible for b12.
 
User avatar
ashenwind
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:38 pm

kazamai wrote:
ashenwind wrote:
Sigh.. please tell me which unit that doesn't need to be babysitted in order to shine in this game, other than sven before this patch. 

TELL ME, if there is any other existing hero that can act like sven. I'll bow down and stop arguing. This is exactly why he's nerfed in the first place, because he doesn't really need any other heroes to function well.

This game is about mix and match of different variety of units. Most cannot function well without combining their aura with other heroes. Then why does Sven has the right to defy that rule? If he really does have the right to defy such rule, then it'll be better off to make this game 'Sven Force' or 'Summoner Force' or something like that instead of 'Valiant Force'.

But no, this is Valiant Force. If anyone can defy the rule, it should be the valiant. And yet the dev did not let any of the valiant defy the rule. So how does that make Sven's position?

Sven is not singled out. He's being generalized if that's what you mean.

now please tell me which hero do you expect people to use more? more variety of team?

in arena, non turtle team will be eaten alive by ranger team. 
in raid, drake sdd and ranger will still dominate to damage dealer
in event, generally event hero is needed, but Sven usually help a lot up until legend and even master,

based on explanation, the main reason they nerf him is beause of his explosiveness in arena. but as you said it yourself, the thing is no other champion class up to date, can compete with Sven. not even revamped Freya. Sven being the only champion which can do long range attack. no matter how good they revamp or buff other champion, in PVP they will need to get close to enemy before they can even hit anybody. and they're generally quite a glass cannon, especially in front row which doesn't have any damage reduction. they will be a prime target for ranger trigger team.

now let's borrow Milo's explanantion " It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena". have you ever face a good ranger trigger team? their crit will eat everything non well equipped tank.  let's ask people which is more common to get wiped out by ranger trigger team in one turn compared to get wiped out by Sven in one turn? for me it's former. 

and another reason Sven is so common and generally powerfull, is because everyone is spending the effort to build him. he will get most of the best gear and the best rune because he was effective both in PVP and PVE and another important thing is he is accessible with valiante.  

well if you want feedback instead of complain, well here's mine: 
  1. remove the HP loss from pet attack. it hurts him more in PVE than in PVP.  
  2. Dev want more vary team? do something about the ranger trigger team too. my 2cent:  make the trigger to aim the same target and stop after he/she die. it will be back to the original purpose of ranged unit. single solo damage dealer, not a party wiper.
really this nerf is off the target. unless there's another reason for the nerf that they can't or won't reveal.

Yes. This is what I expect from a healthy forum post.
As you might have (or might not have) read from my previous posts, I also have suggested to remove the hp loss, but it has to be accompanied by lower dps overall to make it fair. Either by limiting the trigger amount, or by reducing the attack of the wyvern.

While I also do agree, with all your feedback, concerning Sven's position within playerbase, it still doesn't justify why he can be exclusively powerful when this game doesn't even supposed to be centered around him. If Leon or Theia get the exclusiveness, I can take it as the two are the main character of valiant force. The valiants are said in game lore to be strongest among others of their peers, so they have the right to be exclusive. Moreover this is 'Valiant Force'. Should I stress it more?

I do agree with your second suggestion. Not only that rangers tend to switch target randomly after the main target dies, the secondary effect of the trigger (stun, knockback) also does not function properly beyond the main target. Making them stop when the main target dies should fix the problem, while only slightly reducing their effectiveness in other area. This is a very good suggestion. +1 to it.

To be honest, I do have some experiences of being wiped by archer trigger team. But I have to chalk it up to the fact that they have spent great amount of time and resource to build the team. That is respectable. Building a proper archer team that can compete well in arena require a lot afterall. I built one myself. Being not a heavy spender, i know the pain of building a team of three archers, especially when all of them started out with wrong faith. Even after all this time, with all three has reach past the 50% crit chance, mine is still not enough to be used to compete in arena.

I was under expert rank in arena when sven came out. So at that point, most archer team I encountered tend be still manageable. However, I met squad with Sven more often, and more often too getting wiped when the wyvern start triggering like crazy. Well, when I got my own sven, I have no choice but to fight fire with fire, and hope that I go second.

A team of guardians can be easily taken care of with a team including one or two rune magus(es). I have a guardian team myself, and everytime I met a team with RM ronan in it, I lost most of the time. Also, a well build team of melee dps (including a good ninja) can make short work of them. I've met a team consisting a ninja kai in the middle, and two berserkers on his sides. The two berserkers attack first while I tried to take middle tiles, then the ninja does a frickin critical that killed my Lucille, refreshed the two berserker and himself, then the process repeats. A lucky sven can still make the frontline 'wall' kicked the bucket even after the nerf. I can say this for sure because it all come from experience. I also built a guardian team recently because I have been more lucky in getting guardians over any other type of heroes from the start.

Anyway, the main difference here is, in both archer and tank team and any other team combination, you need to build every single one of them, while with sven, you only need to build him and him only while the rest can be put aside a little, which I also did. I knew how easy it was, thus why I realized that it'll be nerfed one day unless the dev decided to do something harder (setting sven as benchmark for others and ramps up everyone) . He literally make any other heroes obsolete afterall, including the valiants.

The publisher might have indeed took the chance to get whatever they can suck out of us by delaying sven's nerfing. But I bet it's far less little amount than what they can get from people building a proper tank or archer team.
 
User avatar
Munilet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 am
Location: Java

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:12 pm

MiloDinosaur wrote:
...


No love for Leah Warlord ??
T T

MiloD please delete this failed comment..
Last edited by Munilet on Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 
User avatar
Munilet
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:21 am
Location: Java

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

MiloDinosaur wrote:
Hi guys! MiloD here to talk about the balance changes!

Most of the heroes would have gotten an improvement of some sort, be it reducing their cooldown or improving their effects. We want to ensure that our first few heroes are not totally left behind after the Valiants Revamp, and we want to keep them relevant to the game.

These balance changes were made to allow each hero to continue excelling in what they do, without being too overpowered. Let me go through some of these heroes for you!

Talissa Warlock
Talissa on release immediately became the most powerful mystic in the game. Along with Ronan, she ruled the arena. Thus we balanced her out by changing the summoners mechanics in arena. However, the buff on the pet is still too high, and she was picking out mystics in the backline. That was too much for players and thus we decided to balance her a little by reducing her initial output and the pet's damage. For well equipped players, she should still do her job very well. But it's no longer a walk in the park and you will need to think before you act!

Sven Berserker
I know that many players will feel extremely miffed with this change. Sven Zerk was the only hero to have 2CD, along with a 3CD pet sacrifice. This was great as he was a counter to tanks. However, he walloped everything in his path, with the range of a ranger and the damage of a champion. The initial thought is to directly balance his buffed damage and trigger chance along with the cooldown. Then we found another way. We kept his explosiveness, but reduced his total output. It was ludicrous having Sven trigger nonstop in a turn, turning him into a wildcard for arena. Thus, this addition of a reduction in HP was to ensure consistency. Basically, the dragon will no longer be able to go on nonstop. But he will still be able to dish out heavy heavy damage when used properly to take down enemies in the arena. 

We hope that this helps in your understanding of how we balanced the Heroes. Let's all adapt together to these changes!

Secondly, feel free to pop me questions regarding other heroes! :)


No Love for Leah Warlord ??
T T
 
User avatar
Revenance
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 pm

jayle wrote:
Hey bro. I think there is a serious misinterpretation and understanding between us. But first, please calm down and read this post and the first post of mine with an open mind.
I reiterate this, I am definitely someone who is the same as you, who hate nerf. Especially when we invested in heroes that have their glory right from the moment they were born with. But the reason why I am defensive has probably caused you and several people to misunderstand my intention. Also, I am partly to blame for not trying clear this in the first place.. although I tried but I'm sure when we are heated up, we overlooked what we are trying to achieve.

I'm not sure how my very first and initial post trigger you because it was extremely clear, my intention as i have stated, is not to diss or say "serve you guys right". I really don't know how you conclude that I am "happy" about this nerf. If anything, i am agreeable but i may or may not be happy about it. I believe i have never express any of this throughout my post. What I wanted to say is every hero or whatever hero, as long as a game is constantly updating, there will be changes, that's why I say "should have expect it".

Changes are balancing game. It's just like what you say. Why cant they buff everyone? I myself also have the capacity to think the easiest way out. It's either you push everyone up to the same playing field or you pull down the benchmark which in this case, the developer decided to implement both because this gap between the summoners and normal heroes is too wide, they boosted heroes and pull down the top tier units.
Before I comment, I asked myself is it necessary to implement such a harsh condition on this bread and butter DPS?
And you've already realised it before i mention it. It's because Sven is one of the hero that does not need to rely on other to trigger and the reason why many people pick him: he is very flexible (he is a one man army standing in for 2 roles - trigger dps and sweeping) to the point that he's broken because he doesn't have to be pair with anyone, he's a solo triggerer as long as he can summon wyvern, he can trigger his wyvern (range) to finish those he couldn't reach or lower the HP enough for other units to one shot. Overall, he is the most ideal unit to be able to deal damage to the far end units without even moving.
What draws the line between him and the other triggering units like the rangers is his flexibility. But in order for rangers to trigger they require 3 conditions (chances, stats, another compatible hero) whereas Sven only require 2: the chances and his wyvern positioning. This itself is undoubtly the defining moment between your difficult to invest Rangers (which you need a minimum of 2 proper equip units to achieve) compared to a single trigger unit like Sven because you don't have to invest in 2 rangers but 1.
When the developer first introduce Sven, I was delighted because I saved 1 slot. This 1 slot is what causes all these commotion. But if you refer back to my first post as to why I say "we should expect this" is because this character's nature already defies the initial intention of tactical gameplay which comprises of different units to come up with a proper formation.
What conforms a tactical game when VF was first introduced? Has Sven achieved what VF envisaged?

I applaud the effort for the developers even though like what you've mentioned that I seem to bootlick or worship the cattle, is because I like how creative they are to come up with Summoners mechanic. But because it's a first, it's new, there are bound to have many underlying factors or future problems which we couldnt see (again, I can't emphasis how important it is to look ahead from here). Perhaps I'm in a profession that requires constant look out. I'm a project coordinator with an Engineering background. I design for the worst case scenario. I always searching for solutions and an alternative for the what-if situation. I'm trained to look for possible structural failure be it present or future but I'm not perfect because I'm only human, I don't know when a fire will break out in London Grenfell Tower or how the aluminium plastic cladding cause the whole building to be engulfed in flame. I make mistske. So we can only experiment with elimination, mitigation and substitution. It's tiring to always be on the toes but it's our jobs to safeguard the owners. I'm so used to it that maybe this nerf doesn't seem to affect me like how it affect all of you because I'm all prepared for the netf. Like you say, my thinking has been dulled which I agree. I'm so used to it and tired of explaining safety features and designs to owners to safeguard them, only to get shot down because it's extra cost to safeguard their lives or the designs are just plain atrocious but so be it. We tried our best and we are prepared to face the consequences but we just don't know when. Even then something bad happens we still get part of the blame anyway. Maybe we didn't try hard enough. Or maybe our jobs are meant to take blame. Just like what these game developers are experiencing. Just like what our SMRT engineers are experiencing. We are constantly getting bashed endlessly to the point that we became dull and ask ourselves why we even try in the first place. But in the end, it is still for you all that we are still trying hoping that one day, you guys can see us like the way we see you all.
In this case, from the moment Sven was released, there's a constant fear of him being nerf but why do I still bother building him is because although I invested in him, i don't wish to say I wasted my resources on a unit that would undoubtly be nerfed in the future.
Why? Because I know that when every hero reaches the pit bottom, it is the duty of the developers to pick them up. How can I be so sure? Valiant revamp. Heroes changelog. And we could see most heroes are buff at the price of Talissa and Sven nerf. But from my view, it created a levelled playing field. Now we have to fork out a fodder lifesteal unit into the formation and like one of the players have mentioned, it doesn't diversify but narrow down the option which I have to disagree because we have a few units that come with life leech and healing aura. Although they don't won't worth much now, but by incorporating their units into your service, you will be able to appreciate the other units more. This is what the developers want: to diversify by limiting yourself and find another unit to coexist with the unit you love.
I love all the characters in the game. When I first invested in Lucille, I have a witch doctor while everyone gets an inquisitor even though she's a godsend unit in pve. My 2nd Lucille i ride along an Archbishop role when I could have chosen Inquisitor. Again, I try to explore the use of other units and I came to realise that although Inquisitor is very good in PvE, AB has a constant HoT which makes up for her single heal mechanic. I am not trying to glorify myself or ask you all to follow my playstyle. Personally, I just like tactic games. But I felt that it's the responsibility of the players to devote themselves to explore the usage of other units that the developers have given but often, covered in dust. I have Royal Huntsman Cybella and Kane when they were so close to extinction. I have a high defender Darrion which is nothing more than just a tank. But overall, I come up with different ideas on how to incorporate them into my services.

Anyway, it's fine how you all want to think. I'm not a good person in many people's eyes. It's fine if you think I'm sitting here laughing at you. Honestly speaking, there's nothing I can achieve here. I'm just wasting time explaining myself. But for the sake of making this discussion fruitful and debatable, I decided to just draw a line here. I'm done.

Read your first post, because you clearly don't understand the implications that you've made throughout all of it. It isn't our job to interpret "abstract" details regarding your post that literally says the opposite of what you think you're trying to convey. Some of us even went ahead and lectured you on your language skills because you can't seem to understand why we reacted that way on your post. Regardless of your intention or not, the failure of communication is on you, not on our end, and you only have yourself to blame.

There weren't even any implications at all that you said you disliked the nerf. All you said was that "we should have seen it coming" as if we have to look forward 2 months in the future since Sven's release to see that he will be nerfed eventually. That's what made your post unhelpful and antagonizing - you didn't provide any feedback whatsoever except to simply lash out at the people who are complaining about the issue.

Yes, changes do happen. But the biggest difference with this issue with regards to all changes is that it took so long for them to do so. It's been more than 2 months since Sven was released, but they never told anyone beforehand that Sven was "broken" or needed to be adjusted. Sure, there were complaints in arena, and there have already been at least one update to address that, but nobody complained about his power in PvE. The even bigger issue is that everyone who was able to at least complete the event managed to get one for free, so nearly everyone had one they could raise and use, and as such nobody complained about PvE because everyone had him. This abrupt change makes it clear that the developers are reckless - they don't test or think it through before pushing out updates. And I'm not talking about the recent update, no - the very fact that Sven went through and was released with his current kit and remained ignored for two months is THE issue that I'm talking about. 

So now what can we deduce with this situation? That the developers aren't testing enough.  They didn't think Sven was powerful before they decided to give him to everyone in the game that was playing at that time, because they didn't test it beforehand. Now somehow they make a snap decision and see that Sven was actually too powerful for  his own good, and then change it without addressing everyone first. I'm sure everyone agrees that it would be painful to see resources like valianites and gems go to waste, and this was one of the bigger problems people had with the sudden change. If they had tested well beforehand, then they could've made these adjustments PRIOR to his release to the public, and none of this would have ever happened. But nope, they thought of it too late.

This current step in design where they make sure that heroes have to dependent with another hero is an extremely poor design choice. It's easy to see that making heroes reliant towards specific compositions of squads destroys everything tactical about the game. I'd be confident to say that all those heroes that are dependent on specific squad set-ups are the mistake here. What should really happen is that heroes should COMPLEMENT each other, not be dependent of each other. That way, we would be seeing more and more variety when it comes to squad set-ups and whatnot. The moment they actually release a hero that is flexible enough, instead of following a similar design choice to similar heroes, they make some half-assed designs on the following summoner heroes that barely complements any other hero. 

See where Matilda, Sora, Talissa, and Tristan are right now - while Talissa is popular in PvP she never sees the light of day in PvE. I've seen some people using Sora to an extent but not that broadly because her kit doesn't complement much of anyone. Matilda and Tristan are too niche to even bother using, especially when there are more heroes within the same role that can do their jobs so much better. It is clear that the developers have issues making a consistent and appropriate design choice to truly fit into their intention to make this game a "tactical game" when they limit freedom of squad composition like this. And again, all of this is because they simply won't test things. They don't test and explore new innovations, find new abilities that can improve squad diversity, or place effort in making sure older heroes can interact well with newer ones.

In fact, going back on your point saying that Sven is a "self-reliant hero", there are also plenty of heroes, most especially most of the summoners, that show they are the same as Sven - they're self-reliant and can do well in nearly any composition. The problem is that Sven does his job really good, while at the same time has the ability to complement others through his aura, which is why most people favored him over others, and the rest are basically forgotten. This is honestly why I preferred them to take measures to ensure these older characters are improved by making sure they complement well with other heroes. But all they did was to slightly adjust their numbers when what they really need is a more drastic change.

Developers are supposed to be used to criticism, because it's going to be there all the time, regardless whether they are justified or not. If we suddenly think that these developers should be immune to any complaint or criticism, what would happen to legitimate and otherwise critical criticism that might really help push the game into the right direction? Sure, maybe people should cut some slack and applaud the developers with their efforts at times, but this is pretty much why people show their appreciate through their wallets. If they enjoy the game and the direction to where it's going, they're going to invest. It's nice to praise them from time to time, but even better to contribute in a way that really defines the reward they're looking for with the job. But things like this issue can really cause some trust issues with their customers and may end up doing more harm than good.

If the path the developers wish to go down with is nerfing any hero they weren't able to test through and was found to be too powerful in their perspective, then would these players even attempt to invest on these new characters they release, which is now where most of their revenue is coming from? Definitely no. In fact, players always love to find ways to maximize everything, like learning some secret tech/interaction in some games that the developers never thought of happening, so it's nearly inevitable that sometime along the way they're going to face issues on what they see as overpowered". In this regard, if their choice is to make sure that those kind of stuff never happen, they should place more efforts in testing to ensure all factors are considered before it would be released to the general public.

There was no constant fear of Sven being nerfed back then, because all players assume that the developers should already know what they're doing - if this is the direction they want to go through, then so be it. If you feared that he would be nerfed eventually, then why didn't the developers foresee this fear themselves and made efforts beforehand in testing it out, or at least warning the players who are simply going through the flow of the game that this particular hero was eventually going to be nerfed? Again, this is why testing is so important, but their failure to do so has certainly caused a strain with the relationship between them and the players, as we see from all the recent feedback so far.

Are you aware of the term "power creep?" If you're an avid player of mobile games this is one of the most well known design choices in these kind of gacha games to ensure people will continue to spend money into the game. While power creep is usually frowned upon the general player base, the difference between this kind of theme and what the current developers of Valiant Force are doing is the realm of consistency. Most of the time though, power creep still manages to consider old heroes so developers make adjustments for them to make them useful for the current meta (if you play or have played Brave Frontier, which was one of the first ever popular gacha mobile games, you can see this trend come to light). Still, they don't make sudden changes to new releases especially when they know some people might have spent on them. The developers made the wrong move through their inconsistency - changing the core kit of a character drastically that everyone has likely spent on is one of the best ways to lose trust on the consumer base.

You are not unique as you think you are. I also love most of the characters in the game - most of the time, instead of limit breaking heroes, I tend to make the classes I don't have yet to make sure I have a complete roster of heroes to use in case someone other than myself figure out a new way to use them. I have a Blood Knight Darrion that was my very first 5 star that I used quite a lot in my early days, and I picked him mostly because I loved his cool looking armor. But now I never use him anymore, and there's nothing to blame except the current direction where the game is going. There is hardly any tactics going on with the game - there is no intricacy with the battle system that would call for unique set-ups or strategy as the game wishes itself to be: a tactic game. This may be somewhat going beyond the issue at hand here, but my main gripe is that, because of their lack of testing and new innovation with the current system in place, the game is going farther and farther away from its tactical core that they  like to advertise, and now we're left with inconsistency on balancing and change, making it difficult for players to decide on which to invest on.

If you didn't like explaining yourself, then, as I reiterate, you should have acknowledged your mistake or apologized on your intention to antagonize in the first place. Again, there is no one to blame but yourself.
 
User avatar
uratex16
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 212
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:39 am

Re: Heroes Changelog

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:44 pm

This post by Revenance sums EVERYTHING up. A bit long but definitely worth the read. And yes, I'm talking to you devs.

Revenance wrote:
jayle wrote:
Hey bro. I think there is a serious misinterpretation and understanding between us. But first, please calm down and read this post and the first post of mine with an open mind.
I reiterate this, I am definitely someone who is the same as you, who hate nerf. Especially when we invested in heroes that have their glory right from the moment they were born with. But the reason why I am defensive has probably caused you and several people to misunderstand my intention. Also, I am partly to blame for not trying clear this in the first place.. although I tried but I'm sure when we are heated up, we overlooked what we are trying to achieve.

I'm not sure how my very first and initial post trigger you because it was extremely clear, my intention as i have stated, is not to diss or say "serve you guys right". I really don't know how you conclude that I am "happy" about this nerf. If anything, i am agreeable but i may or may not be happy about it. I believe i have never express any of this throughout my post. What I wanted to say is every hero or whatever hero, as long as a game is constantly updating, there will be changes, that's why I say "should have expect it".

Changes are balancing game. It's just like what you say. Why cant they buff everyone? I myself also have the capacity to think the easiest way out. It's either you push everyone up to the same playing field or you pull down the benchmark which in this case, the developer decided to implement both because this gap between the summoners and normal heroes is too wide, they boosted heroes and pull down the top tier units.
Before I comment, I asked myself is it necessary to implement such a harsh condition on this bread and butter DPS?
And you've already realised it before i mention it. It's because Sven is one of the hero that does not need to rely on other to trigger and the reason why many people pick him: he is very flexible (he is a one man army standing in for 2 roles - trigger dps and sweeping) to the point that he's broken because he doesn't have to be pair with anyone, he's a solo triggerer as long as he can summon wyvern, he can trigger his wyvern (range) to finish those he couldn't reach or lower the HP enough for other units to one shot. Overall, he is the most ideal unit to be able to deal damage to the far end units without even moving.
What draws the line between him and the other triggering units like the rangers is his flexibility. But in order for rangers to trigger they require 3 conditions (chances, stats, another compatible hero) whereas Sven only require 2: the chances and his wyvern positioning. This itself is undoubtly the defining moment between your difficult to invest Rangers (which you need a minimum of 2 proper equip units to achieve) compared to a single trigger unit like Sven because you don't have to invest in 2 rangers but 1.
When the developer first introduce Sven, I was delighted because I saved 1 slot. This 1 slot is what causes all these commotion. But if you refer back to my first post as to why I say "we should expect this" is because this character's nature already defies the initial intention of tactical gameplay which comprises of different units to come up with a proper formation.
What conforms a tactical game when VF was first introduced? Has Sven achieved what VF envisaged?

I applaud the effort for the developers even though like what you've mentioned that I seem to bootlick or worship the cattle, is because I like how creative they are to come up with Summoners mechanic. But because it's a first, it's new, there are bound to have many underlying factors or future problems which we couldnt see (again, I can't emphasis how important it is to look ahead from here). Perhaps I'm in a profession that requires constant look out. I'm a project coordinator with an Engineering background. I design for the worst case scenario. I always searching for solutions and an alternative for the what-if situation. I'm trained to look for possible structural failure be it present or future but I'm not perfect because I'm only human, I don't know when a fire will break out in London Grenfell Tower or how the aluminium plastic cladding cause the whole building to be engulfed in flame. I make mistske. So we can only experiment with elimination, mitigation and substitution. It's tiring to always be on the toes but it's our jobs to safeguard the owners. I'm so used to it that maybe this nerf doesn't seem to affect me like how it affect all of you because I'm all prepared for the netf. Like you say, my thinking has been dulled which I agree. I'm so used to it and tired of explaining safety features and designs to owners to safeguard them, only to get shot down because it's extra cost to safeguard their lives or the designs are just plain atrocious but so be it. We tried our best and we are prepared to face the consequences but we just don't know when. Even then something bad happens we still get part of the blame anyway. Maybe we didn't try hard enough. Or maybe our jobs are meant to take blame. Just like what these game developers are experiencing. Just like what our SMRT engineers are experiencing. We are constantly getting bashed endlessly to the point that we became dull and ask ourselves why we even try in the first place. But in the end, it is still for you all that we are still trying hoping that one day, you guys can see us like the way we see you all.
In this case, from the moment Sven was released, there's a constant fear of him being nerf but why do I still bother building him is because although I invested in him, i don't wish to say I wasted my resources on a unit that would undoubtly be nerfed in the future.
Why? Because I know that when every hero reaches the pit bottom, it is the duty of the developers to pick them up. How can I be so sure? Valiant revamp. Heroes changelog. And we could see most heroes are buff at the price of Talissa and Sven nerf. But from my view, it created a levelled playing field. Now we have to fork out a fodder lifesteal unit into the formation and like one of the players have mentioned, it doesn't diversify but narrow down the option which I have to disagree because we have a few units that come with life leech and healing aura. Although they don't won't worth much now, but by incorporating their units into your service, you will be able to appreciate the other units more. This is what the developers want: to diversify by limiting yourself and find another unit to coexist with the unit you love.
I love all the characters in the game. When I first invested in Lucille, I have a witch doctor while everyone gets an inquisitor even though she's a godsend unit in pve. My 2nd Lucille i ride along an Archbishop role when I could have chosen Inquisitor. Again, I try to explore the use of other units and I came to realise that although Inquisitor is very good in PvE, AB has a constant HoT which makes up for her single heal mechanic. I am not trying to glorify myself or ask you all to follow my playstyle. Personally, I just like tactic games. But I felt that it's the responsibility of the players to devote themselves to explore the usage of other units that the developers have given but often, covered in dust. I have Royal Huntsman Cybella and Kane when they were so close to extinction. I have a high defender Darrion which is nothing more than just a tank. But overall, I come up with different ideas on how to incorporate them into my services.

Anyway, it's fine how you all want to think. I'm not a good person in many people's eyes. It's fine if you think I'm sitting here laughing at you. Honestly speaking, there's nothing I can achieve here. I'm just wasting time explaining myself. But for the sake of making this discussion fruitful and debatable, I decided to just draw a line here. I'm done.

Read your first post, because you clearly don't understand the implications that you've made throughout all of it. It isn't our job to interpret "abstract" details regarding your post that literally says the opposite of what you think you're trying to convey. Some of us even went ahead and lectured you on your language skills because you can't seem to understand why we reacted that way on your post. Regardless of your intention or not, the failure of communication is on you, not on our end, and you only have yourself to blame.

There weren't even any implications at all that you said you disliked the nerf. All you said was that "we should have seen it coming" as if we have to look forward 2 months in the future since Sven's release to see that he will be nerfed eventually. That's what made your post unhelpful and antagonizing - you didn't provide any feedback whatsoever except to simply lash out at the people who are complaining about the issue.

Yes, changes do happen. But the biggest difference with this issue with regards to all changes is that it took so long for them to do so. It's been more than 2 months since Sven was released, but they never told anyone beforehand that Sven was "broken" or needed to be adjusted. Sure, there were complaints in arena, and there have already been at least one update to address that, but nobody complained about his power in PvE. The even bigger issue is that everyone who was able to at least complete the event managed to get one for free, so nearly everyone had one they could raise and use, and as such nobody complained about PvE because everyone had him. This abrupt change makes it clear that the developers are reckless - they don't test or think it through before pushing out updates. And I'm not talking about the recent update, no - the very fact that Sven went through and was released with his current kit and remained ignored for two months is THE issue that I'm talking about. 

So now what can we deduce with this situation? That the developers aren't testing enough.  They didn't think Sven was powerful before they decided to give him to everyone in the game that was playing at that time, because they didn't test it beforehand. Now somehow they make a snap decision and see that Sven was actually too powerful for  his own good, and then change it without addressing everyone first. I'm sure everyone agrees that it would be painful to see resources like valianites and gems go to waste, and this was one of the bigger problems people had with the sudden change. If they had tested well beforehand, then they could've made these adjustments PRIOR to his release to the public, and none of this would have ever happened. But nope, they thought of it too late.

This current step in design where they make sure that heroes have to dependent with another hero is an extremely poor design choice. It's easy to see that making heroes reliant towards specific compositions of squads destroys everything tactical about the game. I'd be confident to say that all those heroes that are dependent on specific squad set-ups are the mistake here. What should really happen is that heroes should COMPLEMENT each other, not be dependent of each other. That way, we would be seeing more and more variety when it comes to squad set-ups and whatnot. The moment they actually release a hero that is flexible enough, instead of following a similar design choice to similar heroes, they make some half-assed designs on the following summoner heroes that barely complements any other hero. 

See where Matilda, Sora, Talissa, and Tristan are right now - while Talissa is popular in PvP she never sees the light of day in PvE. I've seen some people using Sora to an extent but not that broadly because her kit doesn't complement much of anyone. Matilda and Tristan are too niche to even bother using, especially when there are more heroes within the same role that can do their jobs so much better. It is clear that the developers have issues making a consistent and appropriate design choice to truly fit into their intention to make this game a "tactical game" when they limit freedom of squad composition like this. And again, all of this is because they simply won't test things. They don't test and explore new innovations, find new abilities that can improve squad diversity, or place effort in making sure older heroes can interact well with newer ones.

In fact, going back on your point saying that Sven is a "self-reliant hero", there are also plenty of heroes, most especially most of the summoners, that show they are the same as Sven - they're self-reliant and can do well in nearly any composition. The problem is that Sven does his job really good, while at the same time has the ability to complement others through his aura, which is why most people favored him over others, and the rest are basically forgotten. This is honestly why I preferred them to take measures to ensure these older characters are improved by making sure they complement well with other heroes. But all they did was to slightly adjust their numbers when what they really need is a more drastic change.

Developers are supposed to be used to criticism, because it's going to be there all the time, regardless whether they are justified or not. If we suddenly think that these developers should be immune to any complaint or criticism, what would happen to legitimate and otherwise critical criticism that might really help push the game into the right direction? Sure, maybe people should cut some slack and applaud the developers with their efforts at times, but this is pretty much why people show their appreciate through their wallets. If they enjoy the game and the direction to where it's going, they're going to invest. It's nice to praise them from time to time, but even better to contribute in a way that really defines the reward they're looking for with the job. But things like this issue can really cause some trust issues with their customers and may end up doing more harm than good.

If the path the developers wish to go down with is nerfing any hero they weren't able to test through and was found to be too powerful in their perspective, then would these players even attempt to invest on these new characters they release, which is now where most of their revenue is coming from? Definitely no. In fact, players always love to find ways to maximize everything, like learning some secret tech/interaction in some games that the developers never thought of happening, so it's nearly inevitable that sometime along the way they're going to face issues on what they see as overpowered". In this regard, if their choice is to make sure that those kind of stuff never happen, they should place more efforts in testing to ensure all factors are considered before it would be released to the general public.

There was no constant fear of Sven being nerfed back then, because all players assume that the developers should already know what they're doing - if this is the direction they want to go through, then so be it. If you feared that he would be nerfed eventually, then why didn't the developers foresee this fear themselves and made efforts beforehand in testing it out, or at least warning the players who are simply going through the flow of the game that this particular hero was eventually going to be nerfed? Again, this is why testing is so important, but their failure to do so has certainly caused a strain with the relationship between them and the players, as we see from all the recent feedback so far.

Are you aware of the term "power creep?" If you're an avid player of mobile games this is one of the most well known design choices in these kind of gacha games to ensure people will continue to spend money into the game. While power creep is usually frowned upon the general player base, the difference between this kind of theme and what the current developers of Valiant Force are doing is the realm of consistency. Most of the time though, power creep still manages to consider old heroes so developers make adjustments for them to make them useful for the current meta (if you play or have played Brave Frontier, which was one of the first ever popular gacha mobile games, you can see this trend come to light). Still, they don't make sudden changes to new releases especially when they know some people might have spent on them. The developers made the wrong move through their inconsistency - changing the core kit of a character drastically that everyone has likely spent on is one of the best ways to lose trust on the consumer base.

You are not unique as you think you are. I also love most of the characters in the game - most of the time, instead of limit breaking heroes, I tend to make the classes I don't have yet to make sure I have a complete roster of heroes to use in case someone other than myself figure out a new way to use them. I have a Blood Knight Darrion that was my very first 5 star that I used quite a lot in my early days, and I picked him mostly because I loved his cool looking armor. But now I never use him anymore, and there's nothing to blame except the current direction where the game is going. There is hardly any tactics going on with the game - there is no intricacy with the battle system that would call for unique set-ups or strategy as the game wishes itself to be: a tactic game. This may be somewhat going beyond the issue at hand here, but my main gripe is that, because of their lack of testing and new innovation with the current system in place, the game is going farther and farther away from its tactical core that they  like to advertise, and now we're left with inconsistency on balancing and change, making it difficult for players to decide on which to invest on.

If you didn't like explaining yourself, then, as I reiterate, you should have acknowledged your mistake or apologized on your intention to antagonize in the first place. Again, there is no one to blame but yourself.