Munilet

Re: New Characters: Elves

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

One day I will petition for the devs to make a Pudge like character in our game!!!!
Pleeewseee nooo MiloD !!
XDD

You know when I first time seen the Elves Art Concept a few months ago I feel like "Oh wow, I will live in sorrow when they release this.."
I want more Goth-Loli character!
XD

So far in VF's Heroes Pool we have so many character with Heavy Breast installed in their body and our upcoming Elves take it on another level by showing their Heavy Unrealistic Breast or HUB..
O.o

I know, some people love to see this HUB but you should know that there are some people -especially me- who prefer a girl character with chest in very minimum size..

Now let me count it for you, how many "Loli Characters" featuring in VF..

01 - Talissa 3* > but in her Three Star form !!
I can no longer see her again everywhere except inside the Gallery!
02 - Sora Assassin
03 - Eliza > Best
04 - Cybella SS
05 - Cybella GS is still fine..
06 - Lulu?

That is, only four (Six) of the so many Hero available -which is a Loli character..
Others is just a girl filled with a lot of unhealthy Fat..
XD

Flat is Justice!

ashenwind

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:45 pm

One day I will petition for the devs to make a Pudge like character in our game!!!!
Pleeewseee nooo MiloD !!
XDD

You know when I first time seen the Elves Art Concept a few months ago I feel like "Oh wow, I will live in sorrow when they release this.."
XD

So far in VF's Heroes Pool we have so many character with Heavy Breast installed in their body and our upcoming Elves take it on another level by showing their Heavy Unrealistic Breast or HUB..
O.o

I know, some people love to see this HUB but you should know that there are some people -especially me- who prefer a girl character with chest in very minimum size..

02 - Sora Assassin
03 - Eliza > Best
04 - Cybella SS
06 - Lulu?

That is, only four (Six) of the so many Hero available -which is a Loli character..
XD

Flat is Justice!
You're forgetting Kiera 3* XD
Freya (except for her berserker form. For some reason unknown her berserker artwork shows her with much bigger pair compared to her other classes) has moderate size not unlike Cybella's. Gwen is even smaller. Faye up to her 4* form. How can you forgot them? :lol:
By the way, that's not 'loli' you are listing there. That's just some character with less abundant pair of breast. ;)
If you mentioned loli, then I guess only 4 qualify: Kiera 3*, Talissa 3*, Sora 3*, and Eliza (and maybe 3* Faye). Oh right, let's not forget Lulu. 5 (or 6) qualified then.

In any case, we also lacked pretty boy material (so far only 5* Leon qualify to be called pretty boy). Hoping to see more with the release of the elves. But so far Raigar fit more toward naughty boy instead of pretty boy to me :roll:

Satsuki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Pleeewseee nooo MiloD !!
XDD

XD

O.o

02 - Sora Assassin
03 - Eliza > Best
04 - Cybella SS
06 - Lulu?

XD

Flat is Justice!
Freya (except for her berserker form. For some reason unknown her berserker artwork shows her with much bigger pair compared to her other classes) has moderate size not unlike Cybella's. Gwen is even smaller. Faye up to her 4* form. How can you forgot them? :lol:
By the way, that's not 'loli' you are listing there. That's just some character with less abundant pair of breast. ;)
If you mentioned loli, then I guess only 4 qualify: Kiera 3*, Talissa 3*, Sora 3*, and Eliza (and maybe 3* Faye). Oh right, let's not forget Lulu. 5 (or 6) qualified then.

In any case, we also lacked pretty boy material (so far only 5* Leon qualify to be called pretty boy). Hoping to see more with the release of the elves. But so far Raigar fit more toward naughty boy instead of pretty boy to me :roll:
I agree with you! We lack of pretty boy!! <3 #oops

Munilet

Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:22 am

Pleeewseee nooo MiloD !!
XDD

XD

O.o

02 - Sora Assassin
03 - Eliza > Best
04 - Cybella SS
06 - Lulu?

XD

Flat is Justice!

Oh my God how could I completely forgetting Kiera, Gwen and Faye!
My bad my bad..
Yep that's what I mean, less size is the best!!
XD

What about "Trap" character?
It is different with Kahuna which is -you can say- Gay character but it must be real high quality "Trap"?
A character that obviously have girl-like appearance but it written as a male in his description?
XDD

ashenwind

Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:17 am

A bit disappointed after finding out 'celestial form' does not actually change their form but just change their stance in battle. :(

They turn out to be super saiyan instead of henshin hero/magical girl type :lol:
It is different with Kahuna which is -you can say- Gay character but it must be real high quality "Trap"?
A character that obviously have girl-like appearance but it written as a male in his description?
XDD
Well I might also vote for that. :twisted:

whodahackii

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:26 am

A bit disappointed after finding out 'celestial form' does not actually change their form but just change their stance in battle. :(

They turn out to be super saiyan instead of henshin hero/magical girl type :lol:
XDD
Well I might also vote for that. :twisted:
I'm also disappointed on the skill effect... yes, the skill animation is 2-sec close up SUPER-SAIYAN! but then, its only a power aura appearance, but not an actual model transformation.
well, but Elven hero design-wise, this is consider as acceptable introduction~

ashenwind

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:56 am

Why does Altima's skill animation use female summoner animation? I thought Emillia's animation was the default one..

Also, with the current system where the cooldown begin countdown only after the celestial form wore off, it simply makes elves' skill downtime to feel longer than any other heroes. This is even more obvious in arena, where we most likely can only cast their skill once for the entire battle, because the cd does not count while they are still under the celestial form effect (which took forever to wear off on arena :lol:)

On the other hand, their skill and aura set isn't that game changing. None of the elves released so far can replace the regular heroes or the summoners. They also don't synergize well with other elves (Summoner front liners and summoner archer may work well together). Among them, maybe only Altima and Emillia that can actually work well together in tandem (which is quite surprising and good work on developer part as the lore said that they are indeed supposedly spend most of their time working together). Tess grand ranger aura benefits summoners more than the elves, because summoners are able to cast their skills faster and more frequent than the elves (or any other regular heroes for that matter).

Raegar.. well.. magebane simply meant to be a counter to Talissa and other mystics (which fit his job description as magebane, but otherwise limit his use terribly). Samurai simply won't survive for long to be useful against high action count team. He's simply.. underwhelming..

Justinlyz
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:09 am

This is really an Everglades bias. I've seen Samurai Raegar destroying tank teams with his fear bleed combo. 

My only issue is that Emilia takes too much to invest on to make her battle priest work.

As for Celestial Form, I think if the CD starts while they're in elves form, its too OP as they will be perma celestial form and have no downtime for skill cast. 

ashenwind

Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Yes. The only use for Samurai Raegar is against pure tanker team, which do little to no damage against your team unless you tried to breakthough faye's return damage barrier. And that only when the fear debuff kick in. Which is not that often anyway. Unless the fear kick in, he'll deal little to no damage to the enemy since after taking over middle tile, unless there is an enemy right next to them, the guardians will simply defend. Otherwise, the guardian will only take damage from bleeding once.

Against all other teams, especially with archers in it, or mystic+guardian team (which doesn't revolve around mid tile takeover, usually include CK Aden, and clustered on the corner, which reduce bleeding damage potential), he'll be among the first to die. Guess what team most used on Everglades server? Yes. exactly those two kind of team. So I suppose you are right when you say it's an Everglades bias.
And since his celestial form has melee range normal attack, he'll have to move forward or wait someone to come within his range to be able to use his on-attack effect.

Believe me I tried. I got Raegar on first day of his event (along with emillia), build a samurai, and tested him for a week long.

The result? I benched him, then ended up using him as fodder. Why? Because he's just that disappointing (and that I have another Raegar I can train if I feel like it).
Yes there is maybe a build like combo-ing with Kiera Warlock to force move the enemy. But unfortunately I don't have Kiera Warlock (yet). But it'll be only useful if we cast the skills back to back. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, knockbacks don't trigger bleeding effect, so Rune magus and grand ranger cybella is out of question.

IMO, Raegar Magebane is more useful than Samurai in term of arena utility. He can be useful on archer team since his aura is attack trigger type, and he becomes ranged unit once entering celestial form. On Mystic team, he can be a little useful to by-pass opponent mystic skill damage defense (not that useful against other classes because either they have low MAG already, or they are too tanky to be killed in a single skill). Against mystic team, he can be useful to mitigate damage from nukes.

About skill cooldown, i forgot to mention that it's just for some of them. Some elves with 3 turns cd is okay. But the ones with 4 turns cd suffer from only be able to to cast their celestial form once per arena battle, unless you are up against a very tanky team and you (or your opponent) hasn't ended up winning the battle from point accumulation.

Take Emillia (both classes) and Altima Paladin.

Altima Paladin usually can only cast her skill ONCE because her celestial form lasts for 3 of her turn after cast. Most arena battle doesn't last that long. Plus, her return damage is reduced by enemy's MAG, it deals pitiful damage to mystics. Her only absorbing 30% damage doesn't really protect squishier units at all from mystic's nukes. And her melee type celestial form make her on-attack effect rarely useful on arena. Even on the off chance you cast her skill on the right time, it doesn't really protect your squad that much and the return damage is rarely a satisfaction.

Even on PVE, the paladin is outmatched by Faye and Darrion, because the two can cast their party protection more frequent in long term. But I guess this is deliberate design. Still, her skill will be more useful if she absorbs more damage, or return more than 100% damage taken by her, or if the celestial form lasts quicker than it is now. Yes, the celestial form make her tanky, but only if there is no hindrance for her to hit the enemy.

HD Altima at least has better prospect, since we may actually build her ala the now popular sdd Leon. Plus, she doesn't have to wait that long in order to re-cast her skill. Albeit her celestial form is quite suicidal on her own part, at least it does a great job in protecting allies.

Emillia Inquisitor has to rely on external healing like altima paladin's celestial form, healing per turn of Archbishops, and healing on getting hit from various guardians and healer classes, and lifesteal aura heroes. Why? Because most of the time she can only use her healing once per arena fight. This is a good design in order to not make her OP, yes, I must admit. Just that outside of arena, her healing capability plummet if compared to the likes of Luthor and Matilda Spirit Walker (which has similar build). She can be very very strong if we build her talent, same case with Leon and all other characters for that matter. But building talent isn't something a non-whale can do real fast. Also that Matilda Spirit Walker has more utility than her as similar kind of 'battle priest'.

TLDR, it's not that I'm against the current system. I'm just irked with how I need to wait for full 4 turns to cast paladin's half-assed party protection skill when others like Faye and Darrion (whose skill does better job) only have to wait 2-3 turns. And the fact that for the return damage to deal substantial amount, it only means that most member(s) of your squad has already been obliterated or near death. Her only saving grace for me is her aura, and if she can actually hit people during celestial form.

Same case with Emillia Archbishop. I'm still keeping her for collection purpose only.

Also about how niche Raegar is..

And that the only elf with 4 turn cd celestial form that I find pretty good so far is only Grand Ranger Tess'.

ashenwind

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm glad that there is finally another pretty boy in the neighborhood (Taegen), though with my luck, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get him this event... Nevertheless, Thank you!

But isn't Rhea gladiator a little too OP strong for her own good?

She has 2cd celestial form, refresh herself AND buff her own attack when others attack at 50% chance, may stun people AND deal 100% extra damage with her on attack effect, and become ranged + tanky unit during celestial form to booth?

You guys want to make Freya cry in the corner AGAIN?

Seriously, if her cd isn't that short (3/4cd. with her aura to refresh herself, even a 4 cd celestial form will feel quick on arena, unlike her other compatriot) and her aura trigger rate isn't that high (30-35%), and her on attack effect is only stun, I won't even complaining.
If she remained the same for long, I guess even the notion of reverting berserker Sven back to his old self may sound justified..

Her only limiter comes in the form that she's not accessible for everyone by finishing 100% achievement like sven. Is this the justifying reason to make her OP stronger than Freya?

All I want is well-thought out heroes, not an OP overly strong hero to justify the less savory batch of heroes of the same archetype you previously released.

Note: I'm sorry if I sounded too negative here. But I really do not want to see another Sven here. Both of OPness and late cruel nerf.