Satsuki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

New Characters: Elves

Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello Heroes of Arathos!
To all new Adventurers and Heroes, Welcome to Valiant Force! I, Satsuki will discuss about long-awaited Characters: ELVES!

Enter the Elves!
The elves are a unique breed of heroes who have been sighted entering Arathos! Let’s welcome them with wide open arms! 
Elves exhibit the same behavior as the heroes you are already familiar with, but with an added effect to each of their active skills. Unlike summoners, who summon an additional pet, elves will enter a state known as Celestial Form.

Celestial Form
In Celestial Form, elves will have added stat boosts, which can range from 10% to 40% more stats depending on the class and balance. After elves enter Celestial Form, they will lose their active skills and will gain a new ability. The ability to inflict additional status effects based on their normal attack. These additional ‘cast on attack’ effects can range from anything such as dealing poison damage to enemies hit or removing the buffs from opponents.

Action Points
Upon entering Celestial Form, apart from losing their active skills, elves will gain a new mechanic called ‘Action Points.’ These action points will be consumed when you move the elves. For example, using an elf to attack, defend or move will consume an action point. After entering Celestial Form, each elf will gain a fixed number of action points. However, it should be noted that triggering an elf to attack/make an action via an aura will not consume any action points!

Unique Nature!
Upon entering Celestial Form, elves will naturally cleanse themselves of all debuffs currently affecting them. On the flip side, to maintain balance, all buffs affecting them will be removed as well.
While in Celestial Form, elves also have a natural resistance to silence and skill delay. Their ‘cast on attack’ effects will simply ignore silence and skill delay effects and will still inflict status effects or bonus buffs!
While leaving Celestial Form, elves again naturally cleanse themselves of all debuffs and buffs attached to them. Consider carefully how you may want to utilize this unique nature of the elves!

Returning to regular form
When the elves use all of their action points, they will return to their regular form. Upon returning to regular form, their active skills will return and the cooldown status will be reset to the original state.

ashenwind

Re: New Characters: Elves

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:04 pm

Interesting feature there!

So basically, the elves are like henshin heroes or magical girl :lol:

Joke aside, does the normal form of elves have aura attached to them as like other regular heroes? If they do, does the aura remained while on Celestial form?

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Hey there!

Yes Elves have auras just like all other heroes. Their Celestial form will have their aura retained as well!

ashenwind

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Hey there!

Yes Elves have auras just like all other heroes. Their Celestial form will have their aura retained as well!
I see.
Few last questions.
When they entered celestial form, do they also activates other things aside from what have been already explained, like Talissa's warlock summoning that also inflict poison and Matilda's that either give heal or remove debuff for all party?
Well alright, that's one thing we should find out later when the elves are finally released. But, mind if you give us a little insider info on it? :twisted:

Secondly, if they use their transformation skill, do they gained bonus turn, or do they used up their turn?

Thanks for the speedy response!

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:20 pm

They will lose their turn, but they will also activate other abilities... ;)

Sonny6166

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:43 pm

i am looking forward to witness the fall of elf healer and mystic. RIP

ashenwind

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks again for the fast response~

Anyway, please be really mindful this time about the balancing of these new series of heroes. ;)
Those are really quite interesting ability they have, kinda like how berserkers (other than sven) act so far, but they actually turn into other form instead of just a buff. I can't wait to see their celestial form artwork and model. :D
Just that don't make gorgeous artwork as justification to make them more powerful than the berserkers :(
(Just joking)
Don't be so negative, it's not good for your health :lol: At least give it some chance ;)
Last edited by ashenwind on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny6166

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks again for the fast response~

Anyway, please be really mindful this time about the balancing of these new series of heroes. ;)
Those are really quite interesting ability they have, kinda like how berserkers (other than sven) act so far, but they actually turn into other form instead of just a buff. I can't wait to see their celestial form artwork and model. :D
Don't be so negative, it's not good for your health :lol: At least give it some chance ;)
i really tried.... but the way there are avoiding the question is just making me meh~
the artwork and model are what holding me here...

KiteVII

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Hopefully you think carefully of the Elves mechanics and balance. We don't want another imbalance character ruining everything in game.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 pm

As much as I am excited with the elves, I would like to expect that they are somewhat gender-balance in terms of male and female heroes ratio.

I know this is just an aesthetics concern but let's be honest, bewbs really attract players!!!

I know the designs might be final at this time but Im just afraid that among the 6 elves, only 1 would be male. The balance of 1:1 is ideal but I would gladly accept at least 2 male heroes, just like with the summoners where we had Tristan and Sven.

Excited to try the celestial forms!