oncewasblind

Re: Arena Heroes Revamp

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am

Well, if you want to see diversity in the arena, I will suggest enforcing the suggestion made nearly a year ago to restrict arena squads to bringing at most 2 of each class.

The best time to change arena mechanics, is when you're revamping the heroes at the same time to account for it.
I really like this idea - it solves a LOT of problems and encourages team diversity. Tank and Ranger trigger comps have dominated arena for far too long. 

Bansky

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Well, if you want to see diversity in the arena, I will suggest enforcing the suggestion made nearly a year ago to restrict arena squads to bringing at most 2 of each class.

The best time to change arena mechanics, is when you're revamping the heroes at the same time to account for it.
I really like this idea - it solves a LOT of problems and encourages team diversity. Tank and Ranger trigger comps have dominated arena for far too long. 
I am really hoping the devs will finally consider this suggestion before GVG gets implemented.  All balancing issues needs to be resolved first before GVG gets underway.  This is the most convenient solution to all parties, because there will not be any nerf necessary targeted for certain classes only.

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 pm

Same here. We need more diversity in arena. 2 classes per squad go go go go!

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Pls. Make. This. Happen.
I am really hoping the devs will finally consider this suggestion before GVG gets implemented.  All balancing issues needs to be resolved first before GVG gets underway.  This is the most convenient solution to all parties, because there will not be any nerf necessary targeted for certain classes only.

Haro

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 am

Hi MiloD, the revamps are nice, but can I ask something. Why there is no Archer Arena Hero? Haha.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Lower ellis' cooldown to 2 and significantly decrease her damage with cc and ill be attracted to build her.

That 6cd turn cooldown is still the bad template you have for mystics and no one will try to make .

#MakeMysticsGreatAgain

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 am

Hey guys! 

We are hyped by your feedback and have passed the message on to the balancing team! Gonna release some more information later! :D Look out here!

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:25 am

@Haro

Hi there, I believe we will release the Ranger in the next God of Arena event!

airkon
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Sorry to the archer squads, but I'm looking more for new heroes that can counter archer teams. Archer teams greatly restrict other potential squads (and in particular, damage-based squads) which are the counter against tank squads. I can easily name 3-5 archer teams in the top bracket which I regularly meet and they destroy any non-tank teams I can muster.

Hence, arena heroes will need to be even stronger against archers to make them more appealing. Else, no one will use Kira, Leah or Ellis. Arguably, it's easier to get a valiant than an arena hero now since we have the monthly valiant ticket. Since getting a copy of such arena heroes is already tough enough so please give them a substantial buff. 

Haro

Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:43 pm

@Haro

Hi there, I believe we will release the Ranger in the next God of Arena event!
Huh, so that means this current upcoming God of Arena? Or many months later?