Satsuki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

New Series: Camelot Heroes

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:52 pm

Hello fellow citizens of Arathos,

A legendary hero is gracing our lands with his kingly presence and his famed entourage!
Yes that’s right! King Arthur and the heroes of Camelot are coming to mythical world of Arathos!!

As they continue on their quest to obtain the Holy Grail, they meet Leon, Theia, and the Valiants of Arathos at the inaugural God of Arena Event: Kingmaker’s Coliseum.  
This is a rare opportunity to obtain them so let us discuss about their skills now!

While they are not characterized by new mechanics such as summoning or celestial form, they come with their own unique ability: On Spawn skill.

ON SPAWN SKILL

Similar to Dark Lord Zoey and some of the event bosses you faced, the heroes from Camelot will activate skills at the start of the battle. These skills are similar to some of those we encounter daily but instead of affecting all enemy units, it targets the Camelot hero only at a set chance, unlike Zoey’s On Spawn skill. (Sorry, it won’t remove the resilience of enemy Guardians/Healers!)

Camelot FAQ

Q: Are Camelot heroes a new class?
A: No, they do not belong to a new class. There will be Camelot heroes based on current available jobs.

Q: Is the first Camelot hero a permanent addition to the gems summoning pool?
A: Yes, he will be a permanent addition to the gems summoning pool.

whodahackii

Re: New Series: Camelot Heroes

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:24 pm

Good teaser, but one thing that bothers me on first read, and re-read multiple times.

What do you mean that the On Spawn Skill will only affect the heroes themselves, base on certain chances?

Basically it is an RGN based aura which triggers on the first turn. and that's it?

Xinhuan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:30 pm

Yes. Just means like 30% chance to trigger on spawn.

Which means for PvE, you will see people retreat/kill app and restart until it triggers. I'm not a fan of this design, unless the on-spawn is negligible in power to not warrant a retreat/restart. And if it's negligible, then why even put this type of RNG in? If it's powerful, people will restart app to trigger it.

Renjouji

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Why not mix the skill of the heroes like theres a that has celestial form one with a summon unit and one with a normal skill i think it would be cool

Silmeria

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:51 pm

I'm concerned about hero pool dilution and as the hero pool enlarge we need more resources to upgrade them. I think those systems need improvement.

ScherBR

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:08 pm

Really sad about this new series of heroes, yeah, I know it's a teaser, but I don't see them being popular, just as the elves took time to get people attention

1. Why a chance to active the On Spawn ability? Is this only focused on Arena? Cause it's not attractive, and if it has low chance we can assume it's OP? if it is is just like Xinhuan said, people will just restart till they get it trigger, but in multiple stages that would still be problematic, cause how many turns will it last?

2. Why not a group buff/debuff? making this skill selfish and on a chance just make them not thrust-full on general content, so it all goes to their Aura and active skills, people will choose them because of that, not because of a chance on a on spawn skill. If so, why choose this design route?

I have some suggestions that can lead in to a new type of heroes, I'll post it in the feedback session

Edit: I just posted a suggestion for a new series of heroes on feedback section:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4310
Last edited by ScherBR on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:41 pm

This game is gonna get f***ed up again. Aren't we all since the start though? Hmmmm

EDIT: we are now heading to the era of playing RNG within an RNG within an RNG just to have that RNG effect. Gahd.
Last edited by Ferico on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Celsius
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:46 pm

the heroes from Camelot will activate skills at the start of the battle, it targets the Camelot hero only at a set chance,
Dev,

'% Chance to Trigger Self on Spawn' is what I can derive from the text above. I suggest that you consider re-designing this 'On Spawn Skill/Effect'.

Have a nice day.

Haro

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:34 pm

I agree with Xinhuan and ScherBR, should fix it to in spawn/effect. Don't add more RNG to the game already.

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:54 am

if Rhea Gladiator has an on-spawn skill that says there's 30% chance to enter battle in the celestial form... I think I will kill/restart the app again and again...
if Rhea Gladiator has an on-spawn skill that says there's 5% chance to enter battle in the celestial form... I think I will just ignore that skill...

The on spawn skill on Zoey is ok since it is guaranteed 100% chance and the effect is minor. Most people consider it as a little bonus being a dark lord. What makes Zoey unique is her skill kit in each job.

I will not complain if a good hero comes with a useless extra skill, but if the selling point is the on spawn skill, we need to make sure it will work the way we want.

No more comment before I can actually use that hero.