Satsuki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Insignias

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 pm

Well met, Valiants!

Today we are excited to share some details about a new game feature that is hot off the workbench of our Valiant Designers, new items called Insignias! An insignia is new type of item that can only be exclusively created by transmuting one of your heroes. Transmuting a hero for an item, you ask? Insignias will be powerful items that can be equipped on your heroes that will not only fill that 7th equipment spot you’ve been wondering about, but will also grant power bonuses that will make your heroes all the talk of Westpine Plains.

P.S. All images shown are for illustration purpose only and do not reflect the true power of the insignias.

How to use this feature:
Players will be able to transmute a fully trained 5-star hero into an item. The hero must already have learned a few Talent Points before it can be transmuted.

Example: 5-star Kai+2, with 5 talent points.

Transmuting a hero will grant an Insignia.

- To level up this insignia, instead of the usual upgrading method, players will need to fuse other equipment into it (similar to equipment enhancement!).
- Every few levels, the insignia will grant specific bonuses.
- Players will need to Limit Break the insignia with the SAME insignia after a certain amount of levels in order to unlock the next few levels (e.g. an insignia can go from lvl 1 to 10. Limit Break it to unlock the next tier of levels 11 to 20).
- The number of times an Insignia can Limit Break depends on the power of the Insignia.

*Note: Insignias may contain unique skills in the future.

Purpose of this feature:
This feature is aimed for veteran players who may have already accumulated some duplicates of the more common 5-star heroes. Players may use these heroes to gather different kinds of insignias, which can then be used to continue making their favorite heroes even stronger.

Thank you for taking the time to read this developer blog update. As always, we appreciate the player and community feedback we receive regarding our newer features, and we look forward to hearing more ideas and suggestions from you!

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Insignias

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm

I wonder if a limit breaked hero will have a bonus if u convert them into an insignia?

rylou13
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:34 pm

isn't this the best time to lower the relic requirements for 5* heroes?  :D 

Silmeria

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:13 pm

The amount of resources needed to make an insignia is ridiculous. 70 job relics, plenty of phoenix hatchlings, and 5 TP?
I don't really like this feature unless you guys lower job relics needed to job advance.

Xinhuan

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:56 pm

I understand that this feature is targeted at veteran/old players as mentioned in the post, but this feature is not usable by even the targeted players. The cost of making even an insignia is just way too high. Even as a Prestige 11 player (on Everglades) which is not a low amount of prestige, just by looking at the requirements of making insignias, I don't think I will even get a single MLB insignia within a year. Consider this, the talent points I have accrued across all my heroes added up together is only about 120 TP, even though the talent system was released about 4 months ago (30 on Leon, 13 each on 4 rangers, 20 on Shizu and 23 on Vinzerker). That's only about 30 TP a month.

------------------

Let us consider the cost of making just 1 MLB insignia

To MLB an insignia, you need:
6 heroes, all of them needs 5*+2 with 5 TP (for a total of 30 Talent Points)
You also need to fuse tons of equipment to level it up.

To MLB and MTT a hero, you need:
6 heroes, 1 of them needs 5* +2, and 5 of them only need 5* +0, and you need 30 Talent Points.

Plainly, making a maxed Insignia costs way more than just a level 40 MLB+MTT hero. Is this correct? Should this be the case? Just for one item slot? Looking at the screenshot, the example level 23 Insignia gives 15% stun resist, 200 Defense, 3% attack and 3% defense. That's not worth 420 relics needed for promotion and the 600 fodder 3* heroes needed for 30 TP, not to mention all the gold and hero/hatchling/equipment fodders needed

Recommendations:
- Vastly reduce the relic requirements to promote all heroes.
- Limit breaking an insignia should just fuse the same 5* +0 hero into it, like a regular hero limit break. Yes, this means removing any Talent Points requirements because this is just screaming "buy gems to get more 3* heroes as talent fodder." Remove all the time-wasting requirements to first fuse heroes, then fuse TP, then transmute into insignia, then finally limit break an insignia. It's too much steps, need to jump through too much UI.
- Complete remove or vastly reduce the equipment fusion required to level insignias up.

It's one thing to hype up an upcoming feature, but it's another to hype up a feature that only whales can use. It's kind of like Talent Points when they were first introduced - it was out of reach for most people until the recently added Talent Dungeons. But a new feature shouldn't be that out of reach in the first place.

Silmeria

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:06 pm

I understand that this feature is targeted at veteran/old players as mentioned in the post, but this feature is not usable by even the targeted players. The cost of making even an insignia is just way too high. Even as a Prestige 11 player (on Everglades) which is not a low amount of prestige, just by looking at the requirements of making insignias, I don't think I will even get a single MLB insignia within a year. Consider this, the talent points I have accrued across all my heroes added up together is only about 120 TP, even though the talent system was released about 4 months ago (30 on Leon, 13 each on 4 rangers, 20 on Shizu and 23 on Vinzerker). That's only about 30 TP a month.

------------------

6 heroes, 1 of them needs 5* +2, and 5 of them only need 5* +0, and you need 30 Talent Points.

Plainly, making a maxed Insignia costs way more than just a level 40 MLB+MTT hero. Is this correct? Should this be the case? Just for one item slot? Looking at the screenshot, the example level 23 Insignia gives 15% stun resist, 200 Defense, 3% attack and 3% defense. That's not worth 420 relics needed for promotion and the 600 fodder 3* heroes needed for 30 TP, not to mention all the gold and hero/hatchling/equipment fodders needed

Recommendations:
- Limit breaking an insignia should just fuse the same 5* +0 hero into it, like a regular hero limit break. Yes, this means removing any Talent Points requirements because this is just screaming "buy gems to get more 3* heroes as talent fodder." Remove all the time-wasting requirements to first fuse heroes, then fuse TP, then transmute into insignia, then finally limit break an insignia. It's too much steps, need to jump through too much UI.
- Complete remove or vastly reduce the equipment fusion required to level insignias up.

It's one thing to hype up an upcoming feature, but it's another to hype up a feature that only whales can use. It's kind of like Talent Points when they were first introduced - it was out of reach for most people until the recently added Talent Dungeons. But a new feature shouldn't be that out of reach in the first place.
+1
This feature will feel more like a chore instead of an improvement if the resources needed are too high. Especially because of how long it takes to get the feature into its maximum potential.

KiteVII

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 pm

I have the same concern here as the other. The amount of relics needed is too much, I don't care if you reduce whatever bonus it gives in exchange for lower relics require because it is just too much.

WildmVtt
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 pm

------------------

Recommendations:

+1

Bansky

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:50 pm

I agree to lowering the requirement or at least decrease the relic requirement for heroes. Having an insane amount of requirement will only cater to the whales and just lead to overall frustration of the general population. Just like the talent system, it was only after they introduced the hero talent trials that I somehow managed to reduce the gap and be able to compete again in top level arena.

Munilet

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Eh, Xinhuan has said everything that I want to say..
I agree with most of Xin has pointed out..
And thank MiloD your last post is very heart warming (after all the riot in most of VF/Guild chat room caused by this Insignia sneak peek.. XD)
We hope it come to our expectation..
:)
Last edited by Munilet on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.