Satsuki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Topic Author

Fairy Tale

Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Greetings citizens of Arathos!

Some new guests have arrived to grace our lands! Let us welcome Aladdin and the Fairy Tales!

The Fairy Tale heroes will be a series of classic heroes from the stories that we all know and love, joining the most recent series of classic Camelot Heroes. The Fairy Tale series heroes will be featuring a brand new mechanic that really sets them apart from the rest!

Let’s dive in and take a look at this unique new mechanic!

New Mechanic - Stacker
Fairy Tale Heroes will have the ability to sync up and combine with one another, not just using skills, but also using triggers which allow them to place continuous hex stacks on opponents, dealing magical damage whenever the stack counter hits the set required counter.

How does it work?
Let’s say Aladdin casts a skill and places a hex stack on an enemy, other forms of Aladdin or other Fairy Tale hero friends can combine their skill and place extra stacks on the enemy! What’s more, both the active and passive skills have the same synergy, allowing some really explosive bonus damage scenes in both PvE and PvP!

Example Scenario
Stack Criteria: Upon reaching 4 stacks, 15000 magical damage is dealt to the target enemy.
Aladdin Assassin casts a skill which places 2 stacks on one opponent. His Ninja form then unleashes a regular attack which triggers 3 allies to also place stacks on the same opponent. Since the stack total reaches 5, it will deal the bonus damage as it hits 4 stacks. The counter then goes back to 1 out of 4.

Endless stacking
You are able to stack, complete the counter needed, and restart the stack from scratch all IN THE SAME TURN! This means that within one turn, you can be able to deal the magical stack damage more than 3, 4, or even 5 times if you are able to hit the required counter!

Fairy Tales FAQ
Q: Are Fairy Tale heroes a new class?
A: No, they do not belong to a new class. There will be Fairy Tale heroes based on current available jobs.

Q: Is the first Fairy Tale hero a permanent addition to the gems summoning pool?
A: Yes, he will be a permanent addition to the gems summoning pool.

Q: Can other heroes help in the stacking mechanic?
A: Yes they can! However, they can only do so if they stay in the aura of the Fairy Tale heroes who have the particular stacking ability.

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Fairy Tale

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Interesting! I was wondering why VF don't have the stack-trigger skills...Despite the fairytale lore, the design of the hero seems interesting...
But where's Arthur and his knight of RNG? What about their quest of getting holy grail? Are you done with Camelot heroes or new Camelot heroes will be released later?
Well, I personally really like the idea of fairy tale heroes... will we see snow white and sleeping beauty later? Oops, it seems they are not really "heroes"...

Looking forward to seeing the impact of stacker skill, and... I feel burst magic damage might be good for boss fight... since gate/tower event boss have like 20k def...

One concern about stacker skill is... it seems to encourage us to use different jobs of the same hero to optimize the chance for applying stackers... and this will limit the diversity of squad building...it's like 3 Zoey team for stacking crit debuff...

Two days to go before we can get our hands on the new hero >_<

FunnyBunnyTan

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:25 pm

Oooo~ Fariy Tale Heroes!
Interesting idea but was hoping to at least have Arthur and his Knight of Round... I mean the gallery for Camelot Heroes said "Six Young Knights" so was praying for Gawain, Tristan, Galahad, Bedivere, Mordred to be implemented XD
Welp` Fairy Tales are mesmerizing in their own way so can't wait!
-
Also, realized that the Story Gallery does not have the storyline for the Portals (Miu, Eliza, Valerie and Rem*), could it be possible to implement?
-
Love You Valiant Force Team in making such an awesome game!

Silmeria

Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:29 pm

There's a big problem about fairytale heroes.
Boss resist hex completely, making their hex mechanic useless in PvE.
Is this intended ? Which is just plainly silly.

AlbertFuh

Fairy Tale

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:59 pm

I dont think it would matter to me in the least who the Cubs had to face in the NL or WS, if the Cubs won. A WS championship is the fairy tale for me.