Sonny6166

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 am

Thank you devs for the buff to Kiera! 
Im excited to build my elementalist and try with SW inquisitor now ^^

I dont understand why you guys think RM is a nerf. That drop in CD to me is already very scary buff to an already strong and viable hero in arena. The new knockback with additional damage is straight up more damage output for units that are backed up against the back wall. And it stacks as how some of you guys have mentioned. I feel that the slight drop in Direct Damage isnt as punishing in exchange for the reduction in cool down. Just need to skill overdrive her and the difference is little. 
Because dark disciple REM does a better job if you want to knockback and deal dmg... and also... with a lower CD... the only perks is the aura buff that RM kiera give.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:20 am

Dark Disciple Rem only has one instance of damage, and even then, she is dependent on enemies not being able to be moved by the knockback. 

On the contrary, Kiera RM has:
1 count of guaranteed damage
PLUS
1 count of bonus damage when enemy can only be knocked back once alone
2 counts of bonus damage when enemy alone cannot be knocked back at all alone
2 counts of bonus damage when enemy front and back can only be knocked back once
3 counts of bonus damage when enemy at the back cannot be knocked back, and the enemy two tiles ahead of said unit gets knocked back once into the empty tile and once into said unit.
4 counts of bonus damage to the backrow enemy when both enemies cannot be knocked back at all (i.e. 1 at the wall, 1 right in front of her. The one at the wall will take 4 counts of bonus damage while the one in front of her will take 2 assuming there's nobody else in front of this unit.)

Unlike Leah Warlord, which provides a maximum of 2 counts of bonus damage, which is dependent on positioning (hard to aim a straight vertical line at 3 people directly at the backline), Kiera comfortably threatens all units with the same cooldown. So what Leah makes up in guaranteed damage, Kiera gets away with hurting more people.

Sonny6166

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:33 am

Dark Disciple Rem only has one instance of damage, and even then, she is dependent on enemies not being able to be moved by the knockback. 

On the contrary, Kiera RM has:
1 count of guaranteed damage
PLUS
1 count of bonus damage when enemy can only be knocked back once alone
2 counts of bonus damage when enemy alone cannot be knocked back at all alone
2 counts of bonus damage when enemy front and back can only be knocked back once
3 counts of bonus damage when enemy at the back cannot be knocked back, and the enemy two tiles ahead of said unit gets knocked back once into the empty tile and once into said unit.
4 counts of bonus damage to the backrow enemy when both enemies cannot be knocked back at all (i.e. 1 at the wall, 1 right in front of her. The one at the wall will take 4 counts of bonus damage while the one in front of her will take 2 assuming there's nobody else in front of this unit.)

Unlike Leah Warlord, which provides a maximum of 2 counts of bonus damage, which is dependent on positioning (hard to aim a straight vertical line at 3 people directly at the backline), Kiera comfortably threatens all units with the same cooldown. So what Leah makes up in guaranteed damage, Kiera gets away with hurting more people.
so you're saying that it knocked back 2 twice(each 1 tile) instead of knocked back once for 2 tiles?

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 am

That is correct Sonny! Hope this clarifies her strength!

Sonny6166

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:48 am

That is correct Sonny! Hope this clarifies her strength!
Got it~ Thanks alot.

Sn1v33

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Also with respect to Kiera RM,

It's actually a significant buff to her. The values were adjusted because she was too powerful. Try it for yourself before making hasty judgment! 

She will devastate teams that do not move! (Please clear their resilience first of course :P)
I apologize for the sarcasms, MiloD. I shall test Kiera RM after the revamp and get back to this thread on my opinion since the instances of damage is devastating in theory, at least. Thanks!

On paper, I see her one-shotting rangers who basically can't take a hit. Hoping she's that good!

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Guys, we totally understand some of the concerns and frustrations, especially for long term players.

Some of the mods here have journeyed as long as you guys, and we love the game as much as you do! We will always fight to improve the current status quo so that we can all enjoy the improvements made.

There will always be limitations to what we can do, but we are always speaking up for you guys!

Thank you all for your support! Let's be angry together, but also love the game together! It's been an integral part of us for the entire year after all. <3 to all!

Bansky

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:27 pm

I dont understand why you guys think RM is a nerf. That drop in CD to me is already very scary buff to an already strong and viable hero in arena. The new knockback with additional damage is straight up more damage output for units that are backed up against the back wall. And it stacks as how some of you guys have mentioned. I feel that the slight drop in Direct Damage isnt as punishing in exchange for the reduction in cool down. Just need to skill overdrive her and the difference is little. 
I don't understand how you think kiera rm is alrrady strong to begin with. Nobody uses her in arena or any kiera for that matter brcause they are extremely disadvantged compared to the rest of the current meta.

Miyu
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:36 pm

I don't understand how you think kiera rm is alrrady strong to begin with. Nobody uses her in arena or any kiera for that matter brcause they are extremely disadvantged compared to the rest of the current meta.
Kiera RM is really strong to begin with, think you're meeting people who don't use it because I seen many people use it including myself, and she's extremely strong in keeping my team alive. 
Anyways, thanks for the explanation, I can see why it's a HUGE buff now and the buff nerf is justified. 

Bansky

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Also with respect to Kiera RM,

It's actually a significant buff to her. The values were adjusted because she was too powerful. Try it for yourself before making hasty judgment! 

She will devastate teams that do not move! (Please clear their resilience first of course :P)
I think i will have to strongly disagree with this assertion. I have been an RM user for a considerable amount of time in arena, all the way from zedd to ronan then kiera after the revamp, and I can say with confidence that kiera rm cannot do any significant damage with the current meta.

First off, kiera rm has the weakest stat in terms of magic compared to the rest of the class. Its really hard to pump up its magic. I have been very successful with using RM in arena all the way until talents were introduced. My combo of ronan plus zedd, then kiera was a force to reckon with almost up until the time talents appeared. Ans just my observstion, ifelt the resistance to knockback was way over 30%, I think on average 50% is a closer figure. Talent system just crippled the RM's effectivity in arena.

Even aftet the initial revamp of kiera, I still tried to persevere with using RMs, sadly the damage output was considerably low fighting against top tier tanks, that was even before insignias were even introduced.

Overall, i believe RM needs a complete retooling of the skill. Most meta these days have at least 4cd or less. Having 5cd means you will face a stumbling block of zoey MW. A mystic that is not able to cast a skill is just a waste of spot in the squad. So it would only be very reasonable, that a 5cd skill for a mystic should and must have a devastating effect.