User avatar
Miyu
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Bansky wrote:
Miyu wrote:
Bansky wrote:
I don't understand how you think kiera rm is alrrady strong to begin with. Nobody uses her in arena or any kiera for that matter brcause they are extremely disadvantged compared to the rest of the current meta.

Kiera RM is really strong to begin with, think you're meeting people who don't use it because I seen many people use it including myself, and she's extremely strong in keeping my team alive. 
Anyways, thanks for the explanation, I can see why it's a HUGE buff now and the buff nerf is justified. 

Maybe there are still a few kiera users on lower tier arena, but they will never be able to crack even top 50. Its utility just cant compete anymore with top tier arena. And I know this based on experience. I'm one of the pioneers who exploited RM in arena with a high degree of success, but they quickly faded away. And i did really try to make them work even after talents were introduced, but I could barely crack within top 50 after that. I had no choice but to let them retire.

I completely disagree. The only reason Kiera RM was useless temporarily was because Archers got their offensive insignia that allowed their archers to all hit 18-20k, other than that 2 weeks period where archers were very strong, Kiera RM was solid enough for a tank-displacement team.
I know that because I run a Kiera RM from the start and I consistently break top 10 and have an average win rate of 90-94% during that period. 

ITT: After MiloD's explanation, if anyone still thinks Kiera got the shortest end of stick among the four paths, I think it's better for you to observe how broken is it yourself after the patch tomorrow if words and explanation do not convince you.
 
User avatar
Sn1v33
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 pm

I didn't say this before but I think Ele Kiera can now be proud as a valiant, based on her skillset. Seeing the AOE cross stun, the 0.5(160%) damage for two turns together with the direct damage coming off of possibly a 25k MAG at her peak makes me want to avoid her now, similar to when I see a Zoey and Merlock. 
 
User avatar
Bansky
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Miyu wrote:
Bansky wrote:
Miyu wrote:
Kiera RM is really strong to begin with, think you're meeting people who don't use it because I seen many people use it including myself, and she's extremely strong in keeping my team alive. 
Anyways, thanks for the explanation, I can see why it's a HUGE buff now and the buff nerf is justified. 

Maybe there are still a few kiera users on lower tier arena, but they will never be able to crack even top 50. Its utility just cant compete anymore with top tier arena. And I know this based on experience. I'm one of the pioneers who exploited RM in arena with a high degree of success, but they quickly faded away. And i did really try to make them work even after talents were introduced, but I could barely crack within top 50 after that. I had no choice but to let them retire.

I completely disagree. The only reason Kiera RM was useless temporarily was because Archers got their offensive insignia that allowed their archers to all hit 18-20k, other than that 2 weeks period where archers were very strong, Kiera RM was solid enough for a tank-displacement team.
I know that because I run a Kiera RM from the start and I consistently break top 10 and have an average win rate of 90-94% during that period. 

ITT: After MiloD's explanation, if anyone still thinks Kiera got the shortest end of stick among the four paths, I think it's better for you to observe how broken is it yourself after the patch tomorrow if words and explanation do not convince you.

Not sure what server you are playing, but in everglades, I think there is not a single Kiera user in the top 100, perhaps even the top 200.   I guess, kiera at the moment can still thrive in a semi-mature server, but in Everglades, it's very hard to build a squad with Kiera in it and perform well against the current meta.

But I guess, your'e right, I will give RM the benefit of the doubt and just test it out myself tomorrow.
 
User avatar
Miyu
Official Member
Official Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:37 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Bansky wrote:
Miyu wrote:
Bansky wrote:
Maybe there are still a few kiera users on lower tier arena, but they will never be able to crack even top 50. Its utility just cant compete anymore with top tier arena. And I know this based on experience. I'm one of the pioneers who exploited RM in arena with a high degree of success, but they quickly faded away. And i did really try to make them work even after talents were introduced, but I could barely crack within top 50 after that. I had no choice but to let them retire.

I completely disagree. The only reason Kiera RM was useless temporarily was because Archers got their offensive insignia that allowed their archers to all hit 18-20k, other than that 2 weeks period where archers were very strong, Kiera RM was solid enough for a tank-displacement team.
I know that because I run a Kiera RM from the start and I consistently break top 10 and have an average win rate of 90-94% during that period. 

ITT: After MiloD's explanation, if anyone still thinks Kiera got the shortest end of stick among the four paths, I think it's better for you to observe how broken is it yourself after the patch tomorrow if words and explanation do not convince you.

Not sure what server you are playing, but in everglades, I think there is not a single Kiera user in the top 100, perhaps even the top 200.   I guess, kiera at the moment can still thrive in a semi-mature server, but in Everglades, it's very hard to build a squad with Kiera in it and perform well against the current meta.

But I guess, your'e right, I will give RM the benefit of the doubt and just test it out myself tomorrow.

Arathos. Yes, but just because someone isn't running I wouldn't say it's not good. Its just that with limited resources, one would not want to spend so much to build something when clearly other works well enough. 
 
User avatar
Sn1v33
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:33 pm

So I tested Kiera RM after revamp. She definitely is powerful now. I fought against a 3 archer, BK Leon and a shizu ninja. She literally oneshotted everybody with her skill. Albeit Leon was built offensively, he is still a guardian with decent amount of HP. Yep, I approve of this revamp.

I am ~170 in PvP currently if that is relevant.
 
User avatar
YayuSheng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:39 pm

hmmmm idk, from my PoV not just Kiera Runemagus available, but all Kiera path now available for arena(depends on how u wanna play her) i will hightlight some other Kiera Pathh that's give eager to try beside Runemagus,


1.  Minddwarder, the cd of 4 turn already good but what's make her better the 40% skill delay ALL(that also means she can  break all enemy resilience), if i am not wrong that's mean all enemy on the battlefield effected by it & also the 4 missile from each 100% delay enemy skill, which is good.

2. Kiera Ele, they make her 5 cd, that's descent, but if she has the opurtunity to use her skill that will be a nuke, but what make her available, is the additional in her aura & what make her better is the Defense from 5% of her mag(ALL) once again the dev emphasize with all, why is that?, bcs if there is percentage of something VF tend to calculate based on basic stat of a character, & the additional in aura can make her better defense ffrom other mystic(as my previous post, all arena squad made in refer to how they can whithstand archer squad(not the whaler archer, but the common archer))

3. Kiera warlock, what i understand from this path only 2, the lowest cd skill on Kiera & also the confuse effect, but idk the area of that skill, for my preferences, if the area all, she will eligible for my squad, if not it's not, bcs battle of top 100 in everglades is battle of resilence.

yet ofc all her revamp doesn't make her Zoey rival, but at least Kiera now can replace some other mystic like Tallissa for example(but still can't replace merlin), so maybe now her path only on par or below merlin a little bit.
  
 
User avatar
Sn1v33
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:22 pm

I have yet to see any variant of Kiera so far and I'm about to crack top 100 (112 currently) in my server. It's still to early, though but I'm expecting her to replace the occassional Talissa as Yayusheng mentioned and Ellis with either RM, Ele and even MW. I think I underestimated the damage of RM and I don't even need to empasize the newfound prowess from the Ele variant's damage potential. I can imagine it close to bringing down a guardian, if not actually take down one. It actually makes me want to consider changing my RM for Ele but I got 17 TPs on Kiera RM now :( 
 
On a side note, Talissa has been extremely weak for me. I had to replace her with Taegen RM just because she can't even kill a ranger with the 2 ticks of poison damage while Taegen could one shot even the rangers on the 3rd row.
 
User avatar
YayuSheng
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:29 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm

Sn1v33 wrote:
I have yet to see any variant of Kiera so far and I'm about to crack top 100 (112 currently) in my server. It's still to early, though but I'm expecting her to replace the occassional Talissa as Yayusheng mentioned and Ellis with either RM, Ele and even MW. I think I underestimated the damage of RM and I don't even need to empasize the newfound prowess from the Ele variant's damage potential. I can imagine it close to bringing down a guardian, if not actually take down one. It actually makes me want to consider changing my RM for Ele but I got 17 TPs on Kiera RM now :( 
 
On a side note, Talissa has been extremely weak for me. I had to replace her with Taegen RM just because she can't even kill a ranger with the 2 ticks of poison damage while Taegen could one shot even the rangers on the 3rd row.

yes indeed xD, oh yeah btw i use Talissa not bcs of her damage, bcs when Guardian squad met each other the most important is how they exhaust Resi each other & the most important is who have the highest damage(Kill is an optional if they have an OP gear xD), & also why i use Talissa, bcs her damage quite good to archer squad(the only time i use her damage as main source).
PS: doesn't intend to argue, only sharing how i play ;)
 
User avatar
Sn1v33
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm

YayuSheng wrote:
Sn1v33 wrote:
I have yet to see any variant of Kiera so far and I'm about to crack top 100 (112 currently) in my server. It's still to early, though but I'm expecting her to replace the occassional Talissa as Yayusheng mentioned and Ellis with either RM, Ele and even MW. I think I underestimated the damage of RM and I don't even need to empasize the newfound prowess from the Ele variant's damage potential. I can imagine it close to bringing down a guardian, if not actually take down one. It actually makes me want to consider changing my RM for Ele but I got 17 TPs on Kiera RM now :( 
 
On a side note, Talissa has been extremely weak for me. I had to replace her with Taegen RM just because she can't even kill a ranger with the 2 ticks of poison damage while Taegen could one shot even the rangers on the 3rd row.

yes indeed xD, oh yeah btw i use Talissa not bcs of her damage, bcs when Guardian squad met each other the most important is how they exhaust Resi each other & the most important is who have the highest damage(Kill is an optional if they have an OP gear xD), & also why i use Talissa, bcs her damage quite good to archer squad(the only time i use her damage as main source).
PS: doesn't intend to argue, only sharing how i play ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the resilience pop caused by the poison damage. I still think all 4 Kiera jobs now outclass Talilock, though. I haven't been using her for over a month now so it kind of slipped my mind what she does in the bigger picture.
 
User avatar
MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Kiera's Revamp

Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:13 am

So glad we didn't disappoint those who actually got to try her out! 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us too! :D