Bansky

Re: 2018 Roadmap

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 pm

I agree with the p2p f2p issues here. Also with the raid 2 balance so that it wont be another sdd. Im still reluctant to give up on you vf. Win me back please. Also I've been supporting you alot before, spent so much i reached prestige 9. But with the release of cassandra and all your other p2w features, i felt like the game lost its fun. Which made me not wantto spend in this game anymore. Valiant force is a great game but i guess it got tainted by greed.
Just hang on Matt and enjoy your hiatus.  We will be waiting for you come conquest.  This is the reason why despite all my frustrations, I'm still sticking it out with VF because in the end, they do listen to the community.

This new roadmap looks very promising.  This seems to cover all the pervading issues plaguing this game at the moment.  I only hope they can all be delivered withing the first half of the year.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:20 pm

I agree with the p2p f2p issues here. Also with the raid 2 balance so that it wont be another sdd. Im still reluctant to give up on you vf. Win me back please. Also I've been supporting you alot before, spent so much i reached prestige 9. But with the release of cassandra and all your other p2w features, i felt like the game lost its fun. Which made me not wantto spend in this game anymore. Valiant force is a great game but i guess it got tainted by greed.
Now that you mention it, I personally think Valiants deserve this awakening above all heroes so they have a unique distinction over regular heroes. If the game.didn't mention them as special heroes, I would've mistaken them as regular heroes.

Bansky

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 pm

Now that you mention it, I personally think Valiants deserve this awakening above all heroes so they have a unique distinction over regular heroes. If the game.didn't mention them as special heroes,  I would've mistaken them as regular heroes.
I am however cautious concerning this awakening feature.  I'm suspecting awakening a valiant needs an MLB valiant, and F2P players will have a hard time reaching that status, and if an awakened valiant will be OP compared to regular valiants, there will be a huge gap between casual spenders from whales.  So, I hope the devs should consider carefully how to balance this feature.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:33 pm

Now that you mention it, I personally think Valiants deserve this awakening above all heroes so they have a unique distinction over regular heroes. If the game.didn't mention them as special heroes,  I would've mistaken them as regular heroes.
I am however cautious concerning this awakening feature.  I'm suspecting awakening a valiant needs an MLB valiant, and F2P players will have a hard time reaching that status, and if an awakened valiant will be OP compared to regular valiants, there will be a huge gap between casual spenders from whales.  So, I hope the devs should consider carefully how to balance this feature.
On second thought, I'd rather have a valiants' revamp 2.0 then give genesis heroes awakening. This way, f2p and midspenders actually can achieve this awakening.

erika14344

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 pm

you challenged us to bring sdd in raid 2. you keep nerfing us and making raid 2 so hard for f2p players. high life def so many debuffs and negative effetcs. it takes effort and lots of combinations to get it right. we have used what resources YOU give us. sdd is the only thing that removes the gap from p2p players. you are killing us. you guys are not cool anymore. where is our private message in game? your game is fun but not for us not for the casual payers. i money will be on hold i will NOT spend again. Win me back, as they say.

Reichan

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:48 pm

If you spent a decent amount in this game you probably should have enough units or gears to build another team.

Focusing on trigger or SDD is just proof that your spending is either very little or actually you don't spend because those two are the most F2P friendly build (which works way too effective until now).

JamesWong

Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 pm

As we usher in the New Year, we are all filled with hope. New resolutions to do something about that fat a**, make more money, spend more time with family and friends, s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶V̶a̶l̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶F̶o̶r̶c̶e̶. Honestly speaking, because of this grueling past week, the thought of quitting Valiant Force did cross my mind. Like some of long-standing comrades who have left or are thinking of leaving, I felt that the game no longer cared about me and the time, effort and money I put in was just being sucked into the black hole called XII Braves and out of that hole comes not fun but hopelessness and just an endless desire to drain you dry.
So to XII Braves, trust me when I say that your Developer Blog for 2018 seriously does you little favors and you should instead focus on some of the more current pressing issues in the game that the article will touch on instead of continuing to produce content that no one really wants.
Valiant Force 2018: Yay or Neigh?
First up, let's briefly touch on the 2018 Roadmap laid down by XII Braves. Garrison upgrades: you will need more gold. Heroes Awakening: $$$. Talent Tomes: $$$. Guild Events: Use gems to exchange for energy. Min-max your equipment further: $$$. Raid 2: We seriously hate SDD and we are salty that you guys always find a way to SDD. Runes: We gonna make your current Runes suck so we can introduce new Runes so you can spend $$$ to get and upgrade them cos we are out of ideas. Arena: Ok this one I do them credit for, I indeed fo look forward to Capture the Flag and the Queen's Egg is a good addition for F2P players. Give credit where credit is due (GCWCID). Conquest: Finally. Trust me, if the Heroes Awakening, Talent Tomes or increasing the "journey of the Equipment" is anything like the current Talent system, it is all $$$.
Again, I have no qualms about spending. I understand you have to make money. I understand your daughter needs to go see Baby Shark being performed Live. I understand your wife needs that Prada bag. I understand you need to drive that BMW to compensate for whatever it is you need compensating for. I totally dig that but I just need you to do a few things for me first.
1) Please improve the rates for King's Eggs and X10 400 Gems summons.
Yes, you can argue that Valianites have been implemented so you should use them or you can argue that you have been benevolent and allowed New Event Heroes to be dropped as the stages are being cleared or you can even argue that you have included Gem rebates so people can summon more times. I totally appluad you for all the above actions(GCWCID) but I need you to understand something. Sometimes, all people want to feel is that they are the specialest luckiest snowflake in the world. My grandmother passed away the day before New's Year's Eve. A few days later, the ladder ended. I got 15th position(I'll get to that later). At that point of time, I was honestly not feeling too great about life. All I wanted was for something good to happen to me. That night, I opened 15 King's Eggs. I did 14 X10 400 Gem summons. The best I got from those King's Eggs was a measly 750 Gems and those summons didn't even give me a single Red Riding Hood. Then now you might argue maybe you were just unlucky this time round. Ok then, how do you explain the last 14 X10 400 Gem summons I did for the Snow White event. I too got no New Event Hero in those first 14 summons. Also, to pile on, I have never ever gotten a single Dark Lord ticket from a King's Egg EVER, despite having bought every single King's Egg(more than 60) since it's release. And yes, it was at that moment, I felt that this game was no longer worth it. When I was down, all it needed to do after me spending more than a year investing in it, was just give me 2 event heroes or a Dark Lord ticket and it couldn't even do so. So please, improve your rates, because the next draw might very well be my or somebody else's last one.
2) Can you just please freaking remove the stupid Level-up bundle?
The Level-up bundle has cost me at least twice important ranking positions. Once it has cost me the first position in an event ladder and most recently, my top 10 position. You keep stressing your motto is Be Valiant, Play Fair but you are not exactly setting up a level playing field. How is it fair when a player is punished because he is a higher level. The reason he is a higher level is because he devoted more time and money to your game and you are punishing him for it? Does that make sense? Does that seem fair? I'm honestly done with and excuses you can give like "You should choose the ladder you want to compete in?" or "All hands on deck for Conquest." or "This measure is to aid lower level players." Please, let me just refute all this crappy excuses once and for all so you can finally get something done. Firstly, I cannot choose which ladder to compete in unless I know all the prizes of all future ladders and I'm guessing you are not going to give out that information right? Secondly, all hands on deck for Conquest means no time to counteract Bleed SDD(I'll get to this later) or SW SDD for Raid 2 or perhaps implement Awakening. Besides, I have told you about this problem since September last year. think instead it's about what you are most salty about or what earns you the most money that drives you to make changes. Thirdly, limit the level-up package to level 1-70. All others bundles are time-based instead. I don't think any level above 70 should be considered low right? So please fix this ASAP and stop giving goddamn excuses before it negatively impacts me or others again.
3) Stop changing the content so drastically and frequently
Back when the game just started, changes to the game seemed to take a long time, months even and it gave me the feel that there was much consideration before these changes were implemented. Examples are Sven nerf, Summoner nerf and so on. These days, changes seem to happen in a matter of days or weeks. There are some good ones, like changing the costume to cost Valianites (yes I support that) and removing the Snowman achievement(GCWCID). Then there are the rest; Insignia legacy, Raid 2 changes after beta to counter SW SDD. Removal of Bleed SDD. Honestly speaking, this does not bode well for the game especially if the changes are driven by emotion. Yes, you might argue that SW SDD might make PVE a little too easy. But what about Bleed SDD. There are not many instances in which using this strategy is viable. In fact, I can probably count the number of events I used Bleed SDD with just one hand. The reason for this nerf is because you guys said before Raid 2 was released that we wouldn't be able to use SDD but someone went ahead and figured a way to. So you guys got salty and decide to do away with it. Honestly, I think the guy who came up with it was a genius and I think XII Braves was behaving like a sore loser with a move like that. Why remove something that is not a big meta changer? Just because someone made you eat your words? Recently I posted a video on Cassandra Ninja. I showed it to my guild before posting it and some advised that I should not post it for fear of a nerf. It is because of this wanton need for everything to go your way that you create this fear within your players and content creators that stifles creativity. If you continue this path, instead of putting the word "strategy" in the description of your game, you should instead add "Play it my way or no way"
Change your attitude or your game is gonna go bust.
At this juncture, the author is honestly considering how far he is going to carry on with this game. He does see some efforts the developers are making to keep F2P players around(Calendars, costume changes, achievement requirements, mailing shirts, lucky draws for Heroes) but definitely more can be done to make more of the populace happy. Regardless, the author will be back to making videos in the coming week so see you peeps soon.

rossng81

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 pm

The whole of infinity is behind you James.

Mr/Miss Dev listen up well, look at every ladders name & weekly arena name, its the same old people since donkey years. If you think your so call "healthy amount" of new people joining your game will help it grow continuously, think again when what if most of us the old ones are gone.
And tell you what, I never like your Facebook representatives since the one argue back to me about elementalist zoey, to the recently the arena keeps error happend so often like 2 times per day, Server error mission error and forget what other error keep popping. Your guys are just ask me am i traveling when it happens, i replied when I'm playing it in office which it happens............................then???........no reply back to me. You need proof go back to your FB messager & see our conversation.

P.S my name is Ross Ng, my ign is SeRoss, a low IQ low EQ & crazy mad person, you can ignore me. But I got big mouth.

Sn1v33

Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:51 pm

As far as I can see, the forumers here aren't exactly a fan of this plan. However, the ultimate question is "will we gain money from this plan?" If the answer is yes, it means the plan is good for the devs. :)

ashenwind

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:10 am

Concerning the repeated 'nerf' of SDD:

SDD was only meant for certain instances of the game. But it keep repeatedly impeded, when in fact, striking one member alone will severely reduce the effectiveness of SDD.
What about the archer trigger? Who as far as I concern, usable on ALMOST ALL INSTANCES, barely receive any nerf (in fact they kept getting newer and stronger additions). can still function well even if losing one member as long as there are still two members remaining, AND MOST OF ALL, A REQUIREMENT TO FINISH EVENT MASTER TRIAL (those 'use only 4 or 3 squad members' trial? almost impossible without good archers at work).

No, I don't hate them. At this point I'd appreciate any kind of thing that can shortened my play time. I just feel like there is no justice in them.

Concerning Snow White and ATTACK TRIGGER:

When I first saw Snow White's aura, I already foresaw that she's a possible candidate for something similar to SDD, since there is Shizu Samurai already. IF you guys hate SDD that much, why even invent such aura in the first place? Because to me it feels like you guys encouraged us player to do just that.

Most of the time I wrote a complain about balance here, I kept mentioning how attack trigger ruins the game. Yet nobody listen.

Look at all this hubbubs about SDD..Remember why you guys nerfed Sven berserker in the first place. Understand why people keep complaining that mystics and (some) healers couldn't hold their candle in pve.

IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF ATTACK TRIGGERS.

limit a heroes' aura to be able to trigger once or twice per turn. Remove those enemies with less than 3 turns skill cooldown. And make bosses that allow players a chance to shield themselves, but will be deadly if they didn't. Then people will start to consider the attack triggers as a bonus instead of a surefire win button, and starts to consider using other heroes.

IF you guys TRULY want to reinstate the feel that THIS GAME is a TURN BASED game, then limit not only SDD but ALL attack triggers. And make those timer on raid to be turn based like that on gold mine.

TO TELL THE TRUTH, THE ONLY TIMES I FELT THAT THIS IS A REALLY TURN BASED STRATEGY GAME ARE WHEN I PLAYED IN ARENA, AND BACK WHEN I WAS STILL A NOOB AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ATTACK TRIGGERS POTENCY.

Concerning Raid 2 & Heroes availability:

Most people told you how building heroes takes a lot of time. Yet you want us to build a specialized full squad just for ONE instance to stay relevant. Yes, some people did prepare after raid 2 beta. But others who just started? Like those in newer servers? It'll take months for them to catch up. But then, I guess this is a ploy so that players will spend more money on this game. If so, then, congratulation! You guys did it.

The problem actually lies in the availability of the heroes itself. For example: how many players lamented that they didn't build Shizu Samurai when Snow White+Shizu SDD became known? I even know someone who only got his first Kane recently, after almost a year worth of waiting. How many players asked about how to get Matilda? And now, how many people actually build and keep Victoria Blood Knight, or on-attack passive healer like Teresa Archbishop, without actually planning to make them as a part of the specialized squad for Accursed Phoenix?

Let's not mention about the DARK LORDS... as although I'm agree with how their skillsets turned out to be to fit their status as VIP ONLY HEROES, the decision to make them huge-spender-only is what kinda annoys me. As if the equipment gaps between non-spender and huge spender is not enough..