Sn1v33

Re: 2018 Roadmap

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:16 am

Concerning the repeated 'nerf' of SDD:

SDD was only meant for certain instances of the game. But it keep repeatedly impeded, when in fact, striking one member alone will severely reduce the effectiveness of SDD.
What about the archer trigger? Who as far as I concern, usable on ALMOST ALL INSTANCES, barely receive any nerf (in fact they kept getting newer and stronger additions). can still function well even if losing one member as long as there are still two members remaining, AND MOST OF ALL, A REQUIREMENT TO FINISH EVENT MASTER TRIAL (those 'use only 4 or 3 squad members' trial? almost impossible without good archers at work).

No, I don't hate them. At this point I'd appreciate any kind of thing that can shortened my play time. I just feel like there is no justice in them.

Concerning Snow White and ATTACK TRIGGER:

When I first saw Snow White's aura, I already foresaw that she's a possible candidate for something similar to SDD, since there is Shizu Samurai already. IF you guys hate SDD that much, why even invent such aura in the first place? Because to me it feels like you guys encouraged us player to do just that.

Most of the time I wrote a complain about balance here, I kept mentioning how attack trigger ruins the game. Yet nobody listen.

Look at all this hubbubs about SDD..Remember why you guys nerfed Sven berserker in the first place. Understand why people keep complaining that mystics and (some) healers couldn't hold their candle in pve.

IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF ATTACK TRIGGERS.

limit a heroes' aura to be able to trigger once or twice per turn. Remove those enemies with less than 3 turns skill cooldown. And make bosses that allow players a chance to shield themselves, but will be deadly if they didn't. Then people will start to consider the attack triggers as a bonus instead of a surefire win button, and starts to consider using other heroes.

IF you guys TRULY want to reinstate the feel that THIS GAME is a TURN BASED game, then limit not only SDD but ALL attack triggers. And make those timer on raid to be turn based like that on gold mine.

TO TELL THE TRUTH, THE ONLY TIMES I FELT THAT THIS IS A REALLY TURN BASED STRATEGY GAME ARE WHEN I PLAYED IN ARENA, AND BACK WHEN I WAS STILL A NOOB AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ATTACK TRIGGERS POTENCY.

Concerning Raid 2 & Heroes availability:

Most people told you how building heroes takes a lot of time. Yet you want us to build a specialized full squad just for ONE instance to stay relevant. Yes, some people did prepare after raid 2 beta. But others who just started? Like those in newer servers? It'll take months for them to catch up. But then, I guess this is a ploy so that players will spend more money on this game. If so, then, congratulation! You guys did it.

The problem actually lies in the availability of the heroes itself. For example: how many players lamented that they didn't build Shizu Samurai when Snow White+Shizu SDD became known? I even know someone who only got his first Kane recently, after almost a year worth of waiting. How many players asked about how to get Matilda? And now, how many people actually build and keep Victoria Blood Knight, or on-attack passive healer like Teresa Archbishop, without actually planning to make them as a part of the specialized squad for Accursed Phoenix?

Let's not mention about the DARK LORDS... as although I'm agree with how their skillsets turned out to be to fit their status as VIP ONLY HEROES, the decision to make them huge-spender-only is what kinda annoys me. As if the equipment gaps between non-spender and huge spender is not enough..
I think they should do this to ranger teams, as well(I mentioned it earlier but I just want to strongly highlight it). What I want is a 15% chance decrease.every trigger from a ranger. That means its 1st trigger comes at 95% chance, 2nd at 80% 3rd 65% and so on. How can the devs think that having 20+ triggers in one turn is perfectly fine? It's made worse by the fact that ranger squads are effective in 90% of the game's content.

ashenwind

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:29 am

SDD was only meant for certain instances of the game. But it keep repeatedly impeded, when in fact, striking one member alone will severely reduce the effectiveness of SDD.
What about the archer trigger? Who as far as I concern, usable on ALMOST ALL INSTANCES, barely receive any nerf (in fact they kept getting newer and stronger additions). can still function well even if losing one member as long as there are still two members remaining, AND MOST OF ALL, A REQUIREMENT TO FINISH EVENT MASTER TRIAL (those 'use only 4 or 3 squad members' trial? almost impossible without good archers at work).

No, I don't hate them. At this point I'd appreciate any kind of thing that can shortened my play time. I just feel like there is no justice in them.

When I first saw Snow White's aura, I already foresaw that she's a possible candidate for something similar to SDD, since there is Shizu Samurai already. IF you guys hate SDD that much, why even invent such aura in the first place? Because to me it feels like you guys encouraged us player to do just that.

Most of the time I wrote a complain about balance here, I kept mentioning how attack trigger ruins the game. Yet nobody listen.

Look at all this hubbubs about SDD..Remember why you guys nerfed Sven berserker in the first place. Understand why people keep complaining that mystics and (some) healers couldn't hold their candle in pve.

limit a heroes' aura to be able to trigger once or twice per turn. Remove those enemies with less than 3 turns skill cooldown. And make bosses that allow players a chance to shield themselves, but will be deadly if they didn't. Then people will start to consider the attack triggers as a bonus instead of a surefire win button, and starts to consider using other heroes.

IF you guys TRULY want to reinstate the feel that THIS GAME is a TURN BASED game, then limit not only SDD but ALL attack triggers. And make those timer on raid to be turn based like that on gold mine.

TO TELL THE TRUTH, THE ONLY TIMES I FELT THAT THIS IS A REALLY TURN BASED STRATEGY GAME ARE WHEN I PLAYED IN ARENA, AND BACK WHEN I WAS STILL A NOOB AND DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ATTACK TRIGGERS POTENCY.

Most people told you how building heroes takes a lot of time. Yet you want us to build a specialized full squad just for ONE instance to stay relevant. Yes, some people did prepare after raid 2 beta. But others who just started? Like those in newer servers? It'll take months for them to catch up. But then, I guess this is a ploy so that players will spend more money on this game. If so, then, congratulation! You guys did it.

The problem actually lies in the availability of the heroes itself. For example: how many players lamented that they didn't build Shizu Samurai when Snow White+Shizu SDD became known? I even know someone who only got his first Kane recently, after almost a year worth of waiting. How many players asked about how to get Matilda? And now, how many people actually build and keep Victoria Blood Knight, or on-attack passive healer like Teresa Archbishop, without actually planning to make them as a part of the specialized squad for Accursed Phoenix?

Let's not mention about the DARK LORDS... as although I'm agree with how their skillsets turned out to be to fit their status as VIP ONLY HEROES, the decision to make them huge-spender-only is what kinda annoys me. As if the equipment gaps between non-spender and huge spender is not enough..
I think they should do this to ranger teams, as well(I mentioned it earlier but I just want to strongly highlight it). What I want is a 15% chance decrease.every trigger from a ranger. That means its 1st trigger comes at 95% chance, 2nd at 80% 3rd 65% and so on. How can the devs think that having 20+ triggers in one turn is perfectly fine? It's made worse by the fact that ranger squads are effective in 90% of the game's content.
Right. I just don't get why they have to impede the whole squad (and then some) when they can simply made a change to Kahuna or Matilda's aura in order to alter their playstyle (like what they did to Sven). Same case with Snow White and Shizu.

Meanwhile, even if the dev change one of the archers aura to something other than attack trigger, there are already several other archers ready for replacement.

Diminishing trigger rate is also a good idea, but even with that, some lucky strikes may still net more than 10 attack triggers in a single swipe. It's still random things, which can be hard to control.

Which is why sometimes it's so hard to avoid activating bosses' counter skill. Since we can't really control those attack triggers.

Sn1v33

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:39 am

Right. I just don't get why they have to impede the whole squad (and then some) when they can simply made a change to Kahuna or Matilda's aura in order to alter their playstyle (like what they did to Sven). Same case with Snow White and Shizu.

Meanwhile, even if the dev change one of the archers aura to something other not attack trigger, there are already a lot of other ready for replacement.

Diminishing trigger rate is also a good idea, but even with that, some lucky strikes may still net more than 10 attack triggers in a single swipe.
Well, reducing the chances of triggering already is enough. I'd be beyond pissed if, say, they change an mag def aura of a random hero to an atk def aura if I was utilizing the MAG aura for my team. They should just limit triggers and not change the essence of heroes who can trigger through their auras. With my proposal, a ranger's chance of proccing a trigger is 35% on the 4th trigger and considering they have ~70% chance of landing a crit, in essence, they already have as low as 20-25% chance to trigger a 5th time. Already low and needs some extreme luck for it to happen imo.

Munilet

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:55 am

Waa..
Looking forward for all of these upcoming features!!
:D

Silmeria

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:21 am

Another key issue in the game is that the job key system. There's just simply too much content revolving and limited by the number of job keys we have on a daily basis. 
e.g. every event, there is a hero for us to MLB, a new hero to convert to insignia, existing heroes to make into 5* as talent food for the new hero... etc. 

This is punishing for f2p and also p2p as we can't build things to try. Everytime I decide to build something, it must be absolutely the correct/useful hero or a month of my time is wasted. This is also the reason why I summon sparingly because I know I won't have bandwidth to train the new heroes.

Along with this, can devs also look into increasing the number of:
a. free keys daily
b. max number of arena orbs
c. talent food
d. useless buildings?

I'll be a much happier player if some of these can be enhanced.
+1. Might as well as promoting my own thread :p
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4919

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:12 am

Sn1v33

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 am

Ah I see you are a man of culture.

On a similar note, I love the meme and want to say lol but the devs are like "lol we gonna earn from this while you waste your time yappin'".

ashenwind

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:09 pm

We already knew of one thing for sure: Kane is the real MC of VF. He's seemingly immune to nerf, seemingly only getting stronger, part of long-lasting meta game, and the amount of his harem members (other archer triggers, which are mostly female and of various kinds ranging from loli to robot monster girl ) keep increasing to the point they can't fit a full squad anymore.

Jokes aside.

This time I'll touch upon the roadmap points, aside from anything concerning raid 2 and sdd so I won't keep babbling mostly unheard complain about it.

1. Garisson
Interesting and probably much awaited update. Some of the buildings really need tweaking.
2.Heroes
Hopefully this 'awakening' won't simply serve to widen the gap between paying players and the casual players. Because it's already a VERY wide gap.
Actually, more than new heroes with new mechanics, I'd rather to have the time spent to touch up bugs and refine/balance the existing mechanics. Especially considering the rate of acquiring and resource needed to build them.
3. Talent Tree
I don't have much to say about this one.
4. Events
This is good to hear. Tower based events tend to be the most rewarding event so far, barring certain occasions like anniversary and new year.
5. Equipment
Same like talent tree.
6. Runes
I don't see how multi-stat rune will be able to replace the already existing runes, in fact, I honestly think it may become an added annoyance since adding more type will increase the drop pool. Unless of course, if it only come from crafting.. and doesn't have randomized slot(s).
7. Arena
When there is still a path where we can simply kill off everyone to win, I don't think new arena mode will change anything. If archer AI remain as it is during capture the flag, what's the difference between it and the normal arena fight? New modes will demand new AI, unless the new mode introduce 'real' player versus player experience.
8. Conquest
same like talent tree. As long as it's not applied yet, no point in commenting about it. But judging from the current UI alone, I think it's quite interesting (If not for the hunch I got saying that no more than 25% of community will actually enjoy the full benefits)

Silmeria

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Rangers already have diminishing trigger chance.
Back then somebody datamined and found script for trigger chance diminish with each trigger counts.

What made trigger ranger OP is double strike rune. When double strike rune triggers, it refresh the chance of triggering to 100% of value. Hence enabling Snow White SDD to trigger endlessly.

I think skill rune nerf is good, since some of them bring unbalance to VF.
I just hope other persistent runes aren't affected, like Vampiric and Miracle.

Just like what airk mentioned earlier, with more content and heroes coming regularly, we need more and more heroes and equipment to build (including runes).
Back then it was sufficient, but as new contents coming, we need a way to farm resources more effectively.
Okay, break week gives us way to farm runes and equipment, and I appreciate lost map very much (Thanks !). And Abyssal gate also gives us 2 free heroes per 3 weeks.
I also appreciate the addition of 1 talent spirit from daily dungeons. Every improvement helps.

But job relics are still hard to get, since there are no way to improve job relic farming. This is also the root of all problems.

When a new hero comes, s/he usually also bring new meta into the game. So we need to keep up with new heroes. Some even become too powerful in PvP that we need to think of strategies to counter her/him (For example : Cassandra Assassin + Rhea Glad).

And so when we complained, you guys replied that there are ways to counter it, with hex or something else. Alright, some of it does make sense. But building heroes are not as easy as making a post.

By making a new hero we have to neglect building our already existing heroes. Which only slow down our progress in other aspect of the game (Raid/PvE). So we need job relic farming improvement !

So my suggestion would be :
a. Add +1 job key per 10 lvl. This would add 7-10 keys overall to the max limit.

b. Improve the chance of getting and the number of job keys obtainable in arena chest, guild chest, academy, academy expedition, and wishing well.
Arena : 1 to 2
Guild : 2 to 3
Academy : 2 to 5 job keys expedition at max lvl.
Wishing well : 2 to 3

c. Reduce job key price in the shop to 10 gems.
This way you can keep players spending their gems but we can get job keys daily with more affordable price.

d. Add a daily job relic quest like the existing talent dungeon. Since you guys love RNG so much...
Monday : 10 random knight/crusader/zealot relic
Tuesday : 10 random warrior/lancer/slayer relic
Wednesday : 10 random thief/rogue/kensei relic
Thursday : 10 random mage/spellbreaker/invoker relic
Friday : 10 random healer/priest/sage relic
Saturday : 10 random archer/hunter/marksman relic
Sunday : 15 random any relic

Btw, i love the 2018 roadmap. Please keep going and don't let us down, XII Braves !

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 pm

Since I have nothing to add to all the concerns raised in this thread and I have lots of time: