Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Re: CB Testers get significant head start?

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Personally i'm not against data wipe and would prefer it to them opening several new servers...

Stranger

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:55 pm

i already spent 300$ in the game and I would prefer no wipe but if they are going to open new server/s when they release full game I would like a wipe and new fresh start everyone in te same server. At the end this kind of games are really fun playing with people, what can be more satisfactory than a server big and full of life? That's why I am a bit afraid about possibility of lots of servers.. we will see.

KopiO

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Perhaps the devs can consider a generous compensation package only available to the new players at official launch? To give them a boost. Of course, not everyone will be equal at the start but I don't think it's impossible to catch up in 1-2 wks.

I'm a cbt tester but I'm indifferent either way.. If there's a wipe that would give me a chance to wash away some of my incurable mistakes :P

Meowtard
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:44 pm

i also prefer a single server instead of multi. Bigger community. No worries of playerbase eroding and no influx of new players to old servers.

I dont mind a data wipe to be fair to everyone and purchased items re-issue at open beta/launch.

Since this is a very small testing group, the company should have make it a short period testing beta with data wipe. But they decided to open business instead.

I'm worried that if a 2nd server open, everyone will definitely want to start on a new server. The pioneer beta server will be dead. Ppl who spent cash can go bang head.

Hanzo

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:48 pm

Maybe someone can start a poll in feedback section and ask current CBT players if they are ok with a wipe?

Of course must say the gems will be given back to them during launch and also a small gift package, according to FAQ.

Stranger

Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:43 pm

I am agree with the last commentaries from beta players, Valiant Force team was friendly from beggining about give our feedback and that they would listen it so now we are in the exact moment to expose it. I am sure that absolutely everyone want one big server than not a couple even in the start, I am a spender and I do not see a problem if they would wipe our progress if it guarantee one big server at beggining and re send the gems to the new account. At same time I am sure that rest of spenders would not have a real problem about it, noone wants to play alone in a half empty server. Also it would be very good seen for rest of players didnt have chance to join beta, so the complain of headstart bla bla would be over too. What do you think guys? Now is the time to discuss it and no when beta finish.. if they can do something is now with small group of players inside.. once full released all is much more complicated.

kubizz

Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:14 am

i am played this since 2nd day of closed beta.. and yes i am spend quite a bit

and i am 100% choose to data wipe.

its better for all player i guess.. no more complain from new player..

and for us closed beta player.. well we got lot of knowledge about the game and will know what to do at open beta..

and not make any grave mistake.. ( at least for me.. i did many grave mystake that i want to cry lol)

- well this is closed beta.. normally we play it not with too much plan, but play with curiosity, try many different thing just to know the mechanic and knowledge of the game.

Stranger

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:06 am

Could someone start a poll in feedback about what Beta testers (specialy the ones already spent) think about data wipe? I can't see the option to do it myself :<
Let's expose the different points of why a possible data wipe would be recommended:

- It would ensures that there would exist only a single server at the offcial launch. - the actual biggest fear from myself or others spenders ( CB testers) with who I already chatted is the same; in the offcial launch could be opened a second server, it would make that all new players (and even some unlucky betatesters too) start their journey in the new server, the conclusion would be simple, the fist server Everglades would become almost a dead server. There is nothing better for players and developers than a healthy and alive, energic full of players server, much better ONE big than no FIVE 1/4 full, its not possible to compare the gaming, social, etc experience playing in a big full server than in one half empty.

- it would have a unquestionable effect of fair start for all the community - No more cry or frustation, attacks from players who were not into CB tester. No more complain about the team of Valiant Force being unfair and bla bla, otherwise it would be taken like a very responsible act of attention to the global community, showing all community with a fact that the developers really care about all players. The cosequence would be like 98% of players happy, rate up of reputation from dev team Valiant Force and the most important: We players would have an amazing beggining of journey with a server full of life, active players, competitiveness, etc..

Let's expose the different points of why a possible data wipe would be not recommended:

Few Beta players would want to keep their progress yes or yes - Let's be really honest, few players will want to keep their headstart that they have compared to the new players. It's something normal in a competitive game, its a feature from human being to be better than the other but from my opinion whales or players who spend heavily are not into this small group, in general from Fb, forums and in game chat more than 90% players would be agree or accept a data wipe.

- Extra hard work for Valiant Force Devs - Would be a extra work for Valiant Force devs as they would have to make a data wipe and then give gems to all players who made purchases. Let's be honest too here, its my opinion because I do not know Valiant Froce team and would be unfair to compare them to many others big companies without have a real opinion of them based in facts. But usually all big companies would prefer to avoid extra work and take the easy way, here the easy way is very simple. Keep Everglades server, no wipe, when official launch open a new server.. thsi is what big majority of companies would make..

Thsi is in a brief way the topic exposed here, would be very positive if players add their opinion and if admin could give his opinion too about it and throw a bit of light to the topic..

Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm

In my opinion the new server would definitely come, because they have the server selection interface ready for it and everything.
And since official release will be to just SEA countries first for who knows how long, even there was a wipe during launch the same headstart issue would happen because other countries like USA can't play. However, I just don't think the new server should come too soon, like straight after closed beta, because the player base is still so small and from this topic alone many CBT Testers including me have nothing against a wipe and fresh start for everyone during the SEA launch. In fact, I have never seen a single comment from any CBT Tester who is against the wipe, everyone was just merely trying to understand the developer's point and embracing whatever comes.
I'm quite interested to know what direction this CBT will be leading to, but I guess we'll have to wait for the announcement.
Dear Ryozanki, is there a possibility we can know it soon? or a guestimated time?

Meanwhile, just don't bash on each other or the admins too much, we all want the same thing which is success of the game and a big, healthy community.

Ryozanki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 pm

In my opinion the new server would definitely come, because they have the server selection interface ready for it and everything.
And since official release will be to just SEA countries first for who knows how long, even there was a wipe during launch the same headstart issue would happen because other countries like USA can't play.  However, I just don't think the new server should come too soon, like straight after closed beta, because the player base is still so small and from this topic alone many CBT Testers including me have nothing against a wipe and fresh start for everyone during the SEA launch. In fact, I have never seen a single comment from any CBT Tester who is against the wipe, everyone was just merely trying to understand the developer's point and embracing whatever comes.
I'm quite interested to know what direction this CBT will be leading to, but I guess we'll have to wait for the announcement.
Dear Ryozanki, is there a possibility we can know it soon? or a guestimated time?

Meanwhile, just don't bash on each other or the admins too much, we all want the same thing which is success of the game and a big, healthy community.
Do a poll in the feedback section and type out a clear proposal for wipe would be the best way to go :)