wiji
Topic Author

PROBLEM WITH MY PARTY

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:51 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to this game so I'm asking for your opinion on what to do with my party.
So, I'm having problems on what heroes to keep in my "Story Squad" and "Arena Squad" or should I just use my strongest characters for both Story and Arena?
Also, it would be nice if you can give your insights on the path my heroes should take. Thanks in advance.

I currently have:
Leon 4* (Zeus) - Zealot
Freya 4* (Zeus) - Lancer
Cybella 4* (Zeus) - Hunter

[I'm confused on which hero should stay as my main priest :(]
Theia 4* (Athena) - Priest
Emilia 4* (Ares) - Priest
Teresa 4* (Athena) - Priest

Leandra 4* (Hera) - Spellbreaker 
[Above is the list of heroes which I'm currently leveling up and using in stories and arena]

I also have other 5* potential on my team:
Luthor 4* (Zeus) - Priest
Leon 4* (Hercules) -  Zealot
Kahuna 3* (Hercules) -  Acolyte
Drake 3* (Hercules) - Warrior
Vincent 3* (Ares) - Warrior

**I have 4* potential heroes but I think I should focus on those with 5* potential if I want a stronger squad.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Fenicks719

Re: PROBLEM WITH MY PARTY

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:01 pm

I will just give you my opinion but it's up to you to decide.

I currently have:
Leon 4* (Zeus) - Zealot - He can only go blood knight anyway so just go
Freya 4* (Zeus) - Lancer - Both gladiator or dragoon are good so its a very hard debate. I have been using a gladiator and she serves me well. I also have a berserker, yours is already a lancer.
Cybella 4* (Zeus) - Hunter - Grand ranger. Not many people use royal huntsman anyway.

[I'm confused on which hero should stay as my main priest [img=15x17]https://forum.playvaliantforce.com/imag ... _e_sad.gif[/img]]
I would say Teresa and go archbishop. Emilia ares is nice as a battle priest so MAYBE an inquisitor.

Leandra 4* (Hera) - Spellbreaker - She can only go mindwarder anyway so just go. though being hera is the worst for magic users.
[Above is the list of heroes which I'm currently leveling up and using in stories and arena]

Luthor 4* (Zeus) - Priest Luthor is one character i dont particularly use so I dont know XD.
Leon 4* (Hercules) -  Zealot - leave him ( use him to Limit break your main leon blood knight. )
Kahuna 3* (Hercules) -  Acolyte - If you heard about SDD you can make him a spirit walker. not many use his witch doctor i think.
Drake 3* (Hercules) - Warrior - being hercules doesn't do him good.
Vincent 3* (Ares) - Warrior - with Ares he can be anything but going Berserker is the best choice.

Arena and story plays differently so you cant really put them together. You just have to experiment and see which one works best. which is why there are 7 squads for you.

ashenwind

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:27 pm

In the case of your Drake, you may simply make him a gladiator. Since you already have a Kahuna, he can serve as your source of lifesteal to trigger kahuna Spirit walker aura.

Leon BK
Any good DPS   Kahuna Spirit walker
Gladiator Drake

This is the basic squad composition of Single Damage Dealer (SDD) squad that fenicks mentioned. The dps can be anyone with highest attack you have (either freya Gladiator or Vincent Berserker). For the advanced version, you can ask around when you have more heroes, especially Matilda, Eliza, and if you get another Drake with better faith (best is Ares, but Zeus is okay too).

As for arena squad, just go with the highest stat heroes you have for now. For advanced team, just tap on the picture of high tier player on arena. You can check their squad that way. Learn about their skill and aura from LIBRARY, so you can have some understanding on why and how they are built that way.

wiji
Topic Author

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:36 pm

I will just give you my opinion but it's up to you to decide.

I currently have:
Leon 4* (Zeus) - Zealot - He can only go blood knight anyway so just go
Freya 4* (Zeus) - Lancer - Both gladiator or dragoon are good so its a very hard debate. I have been using a gladiator and she serves me well. I also have a berserker, yours is already a lancer.
Cybella 4* (Zeus) - Hunter - Grand ranger. Not many people use royal huntsman anyway.

[I'm confused on which hero should stay as my main priest [img=15x17]https://forum.playvaliantforce.com/imag ... _e_sad.gif[/img]]
I would say Teresa and go archbishop. Emilia ares is nice as a battle priest so MAYBE an inquisitor.

Leandra 4* (Hera) - Spellbreaker - She can only go mindwarder anyway so just go. though being hera is the worst for magic users.

Luthor 4* (Zeus) - Priest Luthor is one character i dont particularly use so I dont know XD.
Leon 4* (Hercules) -  Zealot - leave him ( use him to Limit break your main leon blood knight. )
Kahuna 3* (Hercules) -  Acolyte - If you heard about SDD you can make him a spirit walker. not many use his witch doctor i think.
Drake 3* (Hercules) - Warrior - being hercules doesn't do him good.
Vincent 3* (Ares) - Warrior - with Ares he can be anything but going Berserker is the best choice.

Arena and story plays differently so you cant really put them together. You just have to experiment and see which one works best. which is why there are 7 squads for you.
Thank you so much for giving me ideas on which path to take for each of my heroes. Will use these in the future. Thanks!

wiji
Topic Author

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:39 pm

In the case of your Drake, you may simply make him a gladiator. Since you already have a Kahuna, he can serve as your source of lifesteal to trigger kahuna Spirit walker aura.

Leon BK
Any good DPS   Kahuna Spirit walker
Gladiator Drake

This is the basic squad composition of Single Damage Dealer (SDD) squad that fenicks mentioned. The dps can be anyone with highest attack you have (either freya Gladiator or Vincent Berserker). For the advanced version, you can ask around when you have more heroes, especially Matilda, Eliza, and if you get another Drake with better faith (best is Ares, but Zeus is okay too).

As for arena squad, just go with the highest stat heroes you have for now. For advanced team, just tap on the picture of high tier player on arena. You can check their squad that way. Learn about their skill and aura from LIBRARY, so you can have some understanding on why and how they are built that way.
Thanks for sharing how to maximize Kahuna and Drake. I've been wanting to use those two since I usually see their names pop out on some posts. :)

ashenwind

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Do remember that the squad composition I gave you is just an example. You still need to make sure that all of the other members' aura point to the dps.
In case you obtain another drake with better faith, you'd want to make that one a Dragoon. This is when you can replace the dps with Dragoon Drake.

Dare

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 pm

I will not get into individual heroes but I want to point out this. Based on experience, it's best to setup a great PvE team first and then everything else.

What I mean by PvE is your basic story team and event team, as this team is the one you will use the most early on. Building a team outside of these 5 heroes will slow your story and event progress which is crucial since all the items and stuff you need, you will get them from these.

Next is raid team, if you play in an active guild that kills bosses week in and week out, you will want to do some damage to hopefully get inside your guild's top ten to get, guess what, more items. The raid gear sets are probably the best *5 set out there with outstanding passive abilities.

From there you build PvP (meta PvP, for low level PvP you can use your main story team), which hopefully can use some heroes from other teams so that you don't have to start over building 5 new heroes.

Why I put PvP last is because it's the most competitive but the least important early on (imo) and you HAVE TO HAVE the best gears and what not, to be able to compete at a high level and not get stuck at gold. To get these gears, you have to beat story, event, and raid first.

Do your best to build your teams with overlapping heroes (early) as to not divide your resources too much.

For example, my PvE team is:
BK Leon
Serk Sven - GS Cybel
Serk Freya - Ele Kiera

And then I build from there, because I got to that team pretty early (sven, used to be MB Kai, Leon used to be Victoria).

When I first started playing Raid and PvP, thats the team I use, with few positional tweaks, hence, I didn't hve to spend extra resources on other heroes before those 5 maxed out.

And then, I got drake, matilda, and kahuna. I knew that was the time I should start building for raid, which ended up with those 3 + leon + cybel (not the best but I managed), they looked like:
SW Kahuna - GS Cybel
Goon Drake - WD Matilda
BK Leon
I only had to build 3 more heroes (2 if you want to borrow a Drake/DD). Which sped up my progress.

And then I went for a turtle PvP with:
CK Aden - CK Victoria
Pala Faye - Ele Kiera/GS Cybel
BK Leon

Same story.

Now I want to try Archer trigget for PvP, but thats the logic.

Build efficiently, do what you can with what you have.