HongKisa
Topic Author

Team composition help! (Awsome replies)

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

Hi, I'm a new player, it's been about a week since I started playing.
Currently I am aiming for SDD team for the raid, but I really can't decide what to do with the team composition.
Here are list of my units:
5 Star Cybella (Gunslinger) Kratos
5 Star Kane (Grand Ranger) Ares
4 Star Gwen (Marksman) Zeus
4 Star Kahuna (Sage) Zeus
4 Star Leon (Zealot) Zeus
5 Star Sven (Warlord) Athena
4 Star Sven (Slayer) Zeus
4 Star Rhea (Lancer) Hercules
4 Star Emilia (Priest) Ares
4 Star Drake (Lancer) Zeus
3 Star Drake (Warrior) Hera
4 Star Izumi (Kensei) Hercules
4 Star Victoria (Zealot) Zeus
3 Star Taegen (Mage) Athena
3 Star Leandra (Mage) Zeus

So far, I am thinking about putting Drake, Kahuna, Leon for the SDD team but I don't know what I should do with the 2 more spots.
What should I do? 

Also, is there any other good set up I can do with these units?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by HongKisa on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

whodahackii

Re: Team composition help!

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 am

Hi there!

I understand why you want to get SDD asap, but it is not mandatory for you beginner progression in the game.
But you may use Friends/Stranger Leader for SDD damage, so I will recommend you to get basic support unit, and use Friend's Leader as DPS.

From your roster,
Start with Kahuna Spirit Walker, then Leon Blood Knight and Drake Gladiator. The missing piece is Matilda Witch Doctor.
Note 1: I suggested Drake Gladiator because you don't have enough Life steal Aura.
Note 2: SDD without Matilda will require the DPSer to have DOUBLE STRIKE rune instead of Vampire rune.

------------------------PvE--------------------------
I know you didn't ask for this, but since I've started, I might as well throw in some coins for you.
5 Star Cybella (Gunslinger) Kratos
5 Star Kane (Grand Ranger) Ares
4 Star Gwen (Marksman) Zeus
5 Star Sven (Warlord) Athena
4 Star Sven (Slayer) Zeus
---above is your roster, and which I think might be useful for early stages---
Without considering Faith (which you can reroll with 5* monster, pixie from Bazaar/Valianite.
I will suggest getting a Gwen Gunslinger to make a 3-Ranger trigger.
Then move on to Sven Berserker and Sven Warlord.

To be very honest, for Legendary event and lower, the above 3 Ranger 2 Champion can really help you out (with the possible THREE summoned pet, it will act as bonus dps or decoy)

HongKisa
Topic Author

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 pm

oh WOW! 

Thank you so much for the detailed guide whodahackii  :D

I will try to go with those two team composition you mentioned. 

I guess the "proper" SDD have to wait untill I get matilda and one or more hp drain aura.

Where could I get the double attack rune?  and what are the first priority for me to make 5 stars from the units you've mentioned?

Thank you!

whodahackii

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:13 am

You asked about 2 question here.
1) Where to get X runes?
- current POSSIBLE way are : Completing Upgrade runes 50 times (you will get 2 random rune ticket - stat and skill mixed)
- Buying from Marketplace with GEMS
- there was TWO times-only, as top 100 ladder reward.

Note 1: NEVER buy 3* skill runes.
Note 2: always buy 4* random skill runes ticket and maybe if you feel lucky, but the 3*-4* ticket.

2) What to focus on your own roster?
- Always focus on PvE before Raid or PvP (Unless you're whaling 2000 gem per event at least)
- 5* Gwen Gunsliger > 5* Sven Berserker > then any of your SDD roster.

Note 1: How to use Sven Berserker, put his Wyvern in His aura or in Trigger ranger aura.
Note 2: If all your summoners' skill are ready, do like this, Gwen or Sven Warlord 1st, Berserker LAST.
Note 3: Always link 3 Ranger together, then see if your Berserker Sven can point at least one to the back, and one to the side.

HongKisa
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

You asked about 2 question here.
1) Where to get X runes?
- current POSSIBLE way are : Completing Upgrade runes 50 times (you will get 2 random rune ticket - stat and skill mixed)
- Buying from Marketplace with GEMS
- there was TWO times-only, as top 100 ladder reward.

Note 1: NEVER buy 3* skill runes.
Note 2: always buy 4* random skill runes ticket and maybe if you feel lucky, but the 3*-4* ticket.

2) What to focus on your own roster?
- Always focus on PvE before Raid or PvP (Unless you're whaling 2000 gem per event at least)
- 5* Gwen Gunsliger > 5* Sven Berserker > then any of your SDD roster.

Note 1: How to use Sven Berserker, put his Wyvern in His aura or in Trigger ranger aura.
Note 2: If all your summoners' skill are ready, do like this, Gwen or Sven Warlord 1st, Berserker LAST.
Note 3: Always link 3 Ranger together, then see if your Berserker Sven can point at least one to the back, and one to the side.

Wow you are my life, time, and money savior!!
Thank you so much!!

It is amazing to see awsome community :D

Cassiel

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:53 pm

I second Whodahackii about pve team :D

I think WL Sven is better than Bsk Sven. Bsk Sven is no longer what he used to be. There are some players still recommend berserker but i feel he needs many support to keep his wyvern alive and doesnt provide any support to team likw WL Sven. I replaced Bsk Sven with WL even when he was lv 36 and my WL Sven was only lv 32.

Dare

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm

I want to share what I wrote on another thread about how to build your teams, hopefully it's not tl;dr but helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will not get into individual heroes but I want to point out this. Based on experience, it's best to setup a great PvE team first and then everything else.

What I mean by PvE is your basic story team and event team, as this team is the one you will use the most early on. Building a team outside of these 5 heroes will slow your story and event progress which is crucial since all the items and stuff you need, you will get them from these.

Next is raid team, if you play in an active guild that kills bosses week in and week out, you will want to do some damage to hopefully get inside your guild's top ten to get, guess what, more items. The raid gear sets are probably the best *5 set out there with outstanding passive abilities.

From there you build PvP (meta PvP, for low level PvP you can use your main story team), which hopefully can use some heroes from other teams so that you don't have to start over building 5 new heroes.

Why I put PvP last is because it's the most competitive but the least important early on (imo) and you HAVE TO HAVE the best gears and what not, to be able to compete at a high level and not get stuck at gold. To get these gears, you have to beat story, event, and raid first. 

Do your best to build your teams with overlapping heroes (early) as to not divide your resources too much.

For example, my PvE team is:
BK Leon 
Serk Sven - GS Cybel
Serk Freya - Ele Kiera

And then I build from there, because I got to that team pretty early (sven, used to be MB Kai, Leon used to be Victoria).

When I first started playing Raid and PvP, thats the team I use, with few positional tweaks, hence, I didn't hve to spend extra resources on other heroes before those 5 maxed out.

And then, I got drake, matilda, and kahuna. I knew that was the time I should start building for raid, which ended up with those 3 + leon + cybel (not the best but I managed), they looked like:
SW Kahuna - GS Cybel
Goon Drake - WD Matilda
BK Leon
I only had to build 3 more heroes (2 if you want to borrow a Drake/DD). Which sped up my progress.

And then I went for a turtle PvP with:
CK Aden - CK Victoria
Pala Faye - Ele Kiera/GS Cybel
BK Leon

Same story.

Now I want to try Archer trigget for PvP, but thats the logic.

Build efficiently, do what you can with what you have.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, personally, I build my PvE team using this philosophy (or close to it):
  • 1 tank (lurer, with possible healing ability of some kind, lifesteal preferred (faye's shield counts as pseudo-heal)
  • 1 massive AoE regular attacker (any kind of champion, with trigger auras preferably)
  • 1 super useful aura hero (crit trigger aura like Rangers or Rogues)
  • 1 more out of those 3 (i dont really see a use for a healer that benefits more than 1 of those 3)
  • 1 burst damage dealer (like an elementalist or a ronan rune magus)
So, following that, respectively, I recommend these for your team (from what you have):
  • Leon Blood Knight (from Zealot)
  • Sven Warlord (because already *5 and amazing aura)
  • Kane Grand Ranger (because Kane)
  • Sven Berserker or Cybella Gunslinger (i prefer the meatier of the 2)
  • Gwen Gunslinger, Taegen Rune Magus, or Drake any (not a fan of taegen for this comp)
Hopefully this team can deal damage, survive, and help you build your next teams easier.

thats all

HongKisa
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:01 am

I want to share what I wrote on another thread about how to build your teams, hopefully it's not tl;dr but helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will not get into individual heroes but I want to point out this. Based on experience, it's best to setup a great PvE team first and then everything else.

What I mean by PvE is your basic story team and event team, as this team is the one you will use the most early on. Building a team outside of these 5 heroes will slow your story and event progress which is crucial since all the items and stuff you need, you will get them from these.

Next is raid team, if you play in an active guild that kills bosses week in and week out, you will want to do some damage to hopefully get inside your guild's top ten to get, guess what, more items. The raid gear sets are probably the best *5 set out there with outstanding passive abilities.

From there you build PvP (meta PvP, for low level PvP you can use your main story team), which hopefully can use some heroes from other teams so that you don't have to start over building 5 new heroes.

Why I put PvP last is because it's the most competitive but the least important early on (imo) and you HAVE TO HAVE the best gears and what not, to be able to compete at a high level and not get stuck at gold. To get these gears, you have to beat story, event, and raid first. 

Do your best to build your teams with overlapping heroes (early) as to not divide your resources too much.

For example, my PvE team is:
BK Leon 
Serk Sven - GS Cybel
Serk Freya - Ele Kiera

And then I build from there, because I got to that team pretty early (sven, used to be MB Kai, Leon used to be Victoria).

When I first started playing Raid and PvP, thats the team I use, with few positional tweaks, hence, I didn't hve to spend extra resources on other heroes before those 5 maxed out.

And then, I got drake, matilda, and kahuna. I knew that was the time I should start building for raid, which ended up with those 3 + leon + cybel (not the best but I managed), they looked like:
SW Kahuna - GS Cybel
Goon Drake - WD Matilda
BK Leon
I only had to build 3 more heroes (2 if you want to borrow a Drake/DD). Which sped up my progress.

And then I went for a turtle PvP with:
CK Aden - CK Victoria
Pala Faye - Ele Kiera/GS Cybel
BK Leon

Same story.

Now I want to try Archer trigget for PvP, but thats the logic.

Build efficiently, do what you can with what you have.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, personally, I build my PvE team using this philosophy (or close to it):
  • 1 tank (lurer, with possible healing ability of some kind, lifesteal preferred (faye's shield counts as pseudo-heal)
  • 1 massive AoE regular attacker (any kind of champion, with trigger auras preferably)
  • 1 super useful aura hero (crit trigger aura like Rangers or Rogues)
  • 1 more out of those 3 (i dont really see a use for a healer that benefits more than 1 of those 3)
  • 1 burst damage dealer (like an elementalist or a ronan rune magus)
So, following that, respectively, I recommend these for your team (from what you have):
  • Leon Blood Knight (from Zealot)
  • Sven Warlord (because already *5 and amazing aura)
  • Kane Grand Ranger (because Kane)
  • Sven Berserker or Cybella Gunslinger (i prefer the meatier of the 2)
  • Gwen Gunslinger, Taegen Rune Magus, or Drake any (not a fan of taegen for this comp)
Hopefully this team can deal damage, survive, and help you build your next teams easier.

thats all

Wow tyank you so much!

Yes. I will try to finish PVE team first based on your recommendation.