Zyale
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

TIME LIMITED: Rhea SDD - Tower of souls

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 am

ImageImage

Hello everyone, I am Zyale from Fairytail and I am here to share with you my guide on using Rhea SSD/SDD to climb the Tower of Soul. If you wish to get the summoner at stage 50 or the red vamp rune at stage 47, it is time limited so I suggest you start right now. This post focuses more on resource management in clearing Tower of Souls using Rhea SDD.

Firstly before I begin, I would like to credit Mikan for being the pioneer of the SSD/SDD concept. I have heard it is called Super Single Damager or smth I cant really remember, but I think Single Damage Dealer is more appropriate. And also Arcticsin for publicizing his Leon that many finally realised how 20m was possible on single raid runs (yes I will safely say many were all confused who was the damage dealer in the ladder for a week). Lastly for that one guy who cleared all the Tower of Souls with just one run through many repeated retreats with Kane SDD, kudos to you.

So we have had these few SDDs created over the past year:
Vinzeker (vamp rune) SDD with Kahuna and 2 other LS (lifesteal)
Drake SDD (double strike rune)
Introducing Matilda, vampiric rune became viable on drake
Introducing Talent, Leon/Darrion SDD is born
But specifically for Tower of Souls, Kane SDD was working (that explained why the arena had the top few using Kane as the display hero)
However, I was stuck at level 44 and hardly cleared anything simply because Kane SDD had insanely tiring swiping, I got super lazy and Rhea just got released.
After 2 days Rhea SDD was born.

Rhea as a gladiator with 3 lifesteal auras and 1 kahuna would trigger the chain stun (2-3 jumps), with each jump getting a (0.6x0.6x0.6) = 0.198 chance of not proccing/provocating/triggering Kahuna’s aura (60% chance of not triggering the unit…). And as Xinhuan said it would continue almost infinitely (from my experience 3 lifesteal aura slaves did exactly that, 2 is abit unstable). Double strike rune contributes to this too, please do read up the mechanics elsewhere I believe someone has explained it before (like why if you have Drake and only kahuna and no Matilda you should use double-strike rune).
So instead of using it just for the event, I decided to experiment with it for Tower of Souls. Just a week ago, I was still stuck at throwing my keys at lvl 44 to lower the monster stats. And now, I'm just trying to finish up as much as possible to get all the benefits VF/XII braves has laid out for those who are a) super rich and b) those who start using their brain. I'm just referring to this tower of course, no offense to anyone hahaha

Basically the formation is as such

X            Unit              X
Unit       Rhea            Unit
X            Unit              X

So with that, unit represents either a lifesteal aura slave (BK Leon, BK Darrion, Zealot Leon, Miu, Gladiator Drake, Eliza, Leah??), an archer call command (Kane GS/GR, Cybella GS/GR, Gwen GS), and one of it MUST be kahuna SW (spirit walker)

Mine is like this:

X              Call cmd archer     X
LS aura     Rhea                LS aura
X                Kahuna                 X

Why Kane GR?
So that I can stun units on the first turn. I can move it to the center by moving Rhea to swap with Kane, and then Kane attacks and it should pretty much stun 1 unit since it gets triggered by 2 lifesteal aura slaves, its own vampiric rune counts towards this too. This is going to save resources.
This shows Rhea moving up to swap with Kane
Kane must equip the raid archer set for the miracle effect - this is saving resources as well
You must understand in celestial form, Rhea only gets 3 action points. Getting Kane/Archer call to trigger Rhea with his aura, but not refreshing Rhea (due to Rhea’s aura), is a good scenario to save action points for the next turn (if you are facing a 3 level stage). Assuming Rhea has transformed and wiped out a whole stage, getting Kane to trigger her first, followed by using her to attack, talking about per turn basis, you are actually gaining 1 action point to curb with the anti RNGsus that works against you.

Resources
Skill haste potion - reduce CD by 2/1 depending if it is 4* or 3* (minor)
Stun potion - stunned for 2/1 turns
Blind potion - 75% chance to miss for 1 turn (I only have 3*) *PLEASE NOTE THIS WILL NOT STOP SKILLS*
Sleep potion - sleep for 2/1 turns
HP potions - let (Unit) do some tanking e.g. BK Leon
Healing balm - heal for 2 turns, at the start of each turn *It triggers Kahuna’s aura, saving action points for Rhea*

Lastly, Rune for Rhea must be double strike rune! And you’re all ready to go. My stats aren't that great like Xandy's 17k Rhea but hey RNG will be all you need.

So the general rule of thumb, no haste potions = sleep, stun, blind them
I'll be using stage 47 for the explanation. By the way, it is entirely possible for this stage to be done without the use of any sleep/stun/blind/haste potions.

Assess your enemies. For me, the mage will be the main damage dealer here
I move Kane to assume the SDD formation. I try to stun the mage by getting Kane to attack the mage

Faye whacked my Leon, mage whacked my Kane. Miracle set saves me. Saved a potion on the mage there. Rhea is ready to transform.
I succeed in doing so, no one takes damage, 2 meelee heroes proceed up to my squad. I have gone through this many times, and that dragoon will pierce my kahuna through Leon, and he can crit my Leon too, so I get Kane to target him and perform the stun on him.

Transformed Rhea, Kane moved up to let Rhea reassume SDD position. Ok crap now either a) i get Leon/Kahuna to attack and refresh her b) I stun/sleep/blind whoever the opponent is (APPLY IT TO YOUR CONTEXT)
Tried option A. Failed. Either consider restarting, or if you have used sleep/stun/haste/blind potions already, I highly recommend going through with the whole thing. Remember letting the Kane die is alright (I can just let the mage take him out), but I need to sleep/stun the other 2 as they have their actives ready and they nuke harder than Kimmy from North Korea), as I can get the ally to be either another call command archer or a lifesteal aura slave. End of stage 47 and go get that vamp/ds rune of fury.

ImageImageImage
So here you see the bare minimum to clear any floor. It was floor 40 in this other case. For the SDD engine to start, it has about a say... 50-70% success rate? And once I use 2 potions, usually I commit to the whole round and finish the quest requirement. Think about it, those items cost some event tokens which are cycling for a while now. But you stand to gain so much more - of course you can use Kane SDD but you are probably lazy/don't have a (strong) Kane/poor RNG chance so I'll just leave it at that.

Discussion scenario:
1) 4 range units are able to 1 hit ko you
You should be able to use Kane to stun 1, sleep/blind/stun potion the other 2, and leave 1 able to attack rather than spamming 4 potions
Why leave 1 to attack? By ending turn, the rest are defending, it should be attacking your Kane that attacked and Miracle set will save your Kane's ass
Repeat stunning the same few but move Rhea back into the SDD formation. The mobile monster should kill Kane.
Here, either a lifesteal aura slave or a call command can enter (I prefer call commands if there are range units as I need the stun out and I cannot rely on my Leon and Kahuna to attack and refresh trigger Rhea from Rhea's passive)
Get Rhea to transform and either trigger her to attack or get her refreshed and attack. Bingo, you have your stage cleared most likely.
Remember, getting the call command archer to trigger Rhea technically nets you an extra action point!!

ALTERNATIVELY, HASTE POTION THAT RHEA, TRANSFORM, TRIGGER AND GET HER TO ATTACK, END OF STORY.
Thank you all for bearing with my horrible chain of guide sequence. I agree reading it is horrible!!! Please feel free to leave your questions here for this time-bombed SDD. Or you can pm me on discord as well. Cheers!

P.S. Would like to give a shoutout to MiloD and Satsuki, thank you all for fighting for the players to have more benefits!
To the guide makers and commenters/criticizers for making the forum so interesting and an intense discussion place!
And lastly my guild Fairy Tail (the one with !Xandy!), been with you guys since Feb/March, no regrets.

Zyale
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Re: TIME LIMITED: Rhea SDD - Tower of souls

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

Reserved