Legendius

Re: Rhea is a good hero

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:57 pm

yeah, i have a very big prob cause i use Tank-Mage team (3 tanks, 1 mage and healer)

If Rhea jump, my mage or healer surely dead.
even if they can survive from 1 atk but Rhea fking 100% refresh rate as shit(and yeah, it a bug.. fck)
I think they mean this.

As a sidenote, he may not mean any mage or healer will surely die from the jump. The current fact in arena however, tells that mages and healer WILL surely die because of being thrown away out of formation and other heroes' aura protection. And with Rhea being smackdab in the middle of their formation, it will be very easy for her to kill squishy target(s) that is usually placed on the back row before most mystic/healer can react against her. This is why some people lamenting about her. Not to mention that if not focus fired she can easily kill backlines leisurely.

What Silmeria is complaining is the fact that the one sure way to counter both forms of Rhea is by using archers, or tank team since guardians can simply shrug off Rhea Dragoon jump with perci set resilience effect. Most of us older players always wish to see something else that is NOT archers or tank team. Because those two made it so that we can only follow them in order to be competitive, which in turn KILLS all other heroes that is not meta.

A smart Rhea Gladiator user will either place her on the back row, or if placed on front row, it'll be the upper tile (since this way, AI won't make her waste her turn to walk toward middle tile if there is 3 frontliners including her). Once she's entering CF, you can no longer one-shot her without monstrous amount of stat, and she'll slowly torment your team to dead without letting you move at all due to the mass stun. For the record, I've never won against any smartly-positioned Rhea Gladiator in arena with my tank team.

Rhea Dragoon KILLS any other kind of team that is incapable of killing her in one strike or those team that can't prevent her from jumping into their formation. This alone is quite powerful in its own right. Her jump will only kill archer or champions, but her normal attacks on round 2 is what makes her lethal. Against mystic-tank team, a smart Rhea Dragoon user can outfit her with resilience rune, thus eliminating one of her flaw of being squishy against berserker skill damage (or other skill for that matter). As I stated in my previous post, I can counter her just fine because I include SDD Leon in my tank team. Otherwise, I'll most likely also wreck my head trying to find solution (since the hero that the AI always choose as target for Rhea jump is not equipped with perci set yet).

Again, all of them fall to a well-built archer squad. But that defeats the wish to have a more diversity and freedom, while still being competitive, in building arena team instead of being a meta slave zombie.
I got ur point ashenwind, but nerf a hero isnt the wise solution, to me rhea is a good hero not OP as some player mentioned.
many player invested for some hero, when they get nerf, they might be quit. I saw many game was like that.
as i mention, if rhea isnt OP, i dont think nerf her is a good idea.

ashenwind

Re: Rhea is a good hero

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:46 pm

yeah, i have a very big prob cause i use Tank-Mage team (3 tanks, 1 mage and healer)

If Rhea jump, my mage or healer surely dead.
even if they can survive from 1 atk but Rhea fking 100% refresh rate as shit(and yeah, it a bug.. fck)
I think they mean this.

As a sidenote, he may not mean any mage or healer will surely die from the jump. The current fact in arena however, tells that mages and healer WILL surely die because of being thrown away out of formation and other heroes' aura protection. And with Rhea being smackdab in the middle of their formation, it will be very easy for her to kill squishy target(s) that is usually placed on the back row before most mystic/healer can react against her. This is why some people lamenting about her. Not to mention that if not focus fired she can easily kill backlines leisurely.

What Silmeria is complaining is the fact that the one sure way to counter both forms of Rhea is by using archers, or tank team since guardians can simply shrug off Rhea Dragoon jump with perci set resilience effect. Most of us older players always wish to see something else that is NOT archers or tank team. Because those two made it so that we can only follow them in order to be competitive, which in turn KILLS all other heroes that is not meta.

A smart Rhea Gladiator user will either place her on the back row, or if placed on front row, it'll be the upper tile (since this way, AI won't make her waste her turn to walk toward middle tile if there is 3 frontliners including her). Once she's entering CF, you can no longer one-shot her without monstrous amount of stat, and she'll slowly torment your team to dead without letting you move at all due to the mass stun. For the record, I've never won against any smartly-positioned Rhea Gladiator in arena with my tank team.

Rhea Dragoon KILLS any other kind of team that is incapable of killing her in one strike or those team that can't prevent her from jumping into their formation. This alone is quite powerful in its own right. Her jump will only kill archer or champions, but her normal attacks on round 2 is what makes her lethal. Against mystic-tank team, a smart Rhea Dragoon user can outfit her with resilience rune, thus eliminating one of her flaw of being squishy against berserker skill damage (or other skill for that matter). As I stated in my previous post, I can counter her just fine because I include SDD Leon in my tank team. Otherwise, I'll most likely also wreck my head trying to find solution (since the hero that the AI always choose as target for Rhea jump is not equipped with perci set yet).

Again, all of them fall to a well-built archer squad. But that defeats the wish to have a more diversity and freedom, while still being competitive, in building arena team instead of being a meta slave zombie.
I got ur point ashenwind, but nerf a hero isnt the wise solution, to me rhea is a good hero not OP as some player mentioned.
many player invested for some hero, when they get nerf, they might be quit. I saw many game was like that.
as i mention, if rhea isnt OP, i dont think nerf her is a good idea.
She isn't OP. Just a little too strong compared to others. (to the point that people ignored Taegen because they were released at the same time)

Dragoon Rhea can be lethal in arena even on her own (not to mention quick too). Given the right circumstances, Freya Dragoon can at most kill 4 targets, but Rhea Dragoon can do that (or even more) most of the times on less restricting circumstances. And unlike all other Dragoon, she can use her skill to take over middle tile. And faster than anyone else too. Her only drawback being that she's vulnerable once jumping, but then she's not as vulnerable as most other Dragoons.

All the while Gladiator Rhea has too many utilities that she feels like the whole basic champion's abilities cramped into one package (ranged attack of Sven's wyvern, stun of genesis Dragoons, capability to attack more than once per turn of Freya and Sven Berserker, durability that Vincent lancer path has, chain attack that can converge into quadruple attack if there is only one target-meaning she can have almost comparable damage to a buffed up berserker, and the quickness that no other champion except for Sven has) without having a feel of jack of all trades but master of none. Her two drawbacks being she's not that reliable in activating the chain attack, and that she (thankfully) still need someone else to utilize her capability to the fullest.

I never stated that Rhea is in need of nerfing. If anything, I'm just lamenting over the fact that on most condition, she's much better to have than the supposedly strongest Champion Freya. And that her benefits far outweight her drawbacks, which isn't suppose to happen to a balanced character in VF (even trigger archer has quite a lot of drawbacks). The only thing Freya won over Rhea is her higher base stat, and that we have more time to build Freya since she's introduced far before Rhea. But be honest with yourself, will you still build your first Freya if you got her around the same period as when you obtained your first Rhea?

About whether if it's a good idea or not, was it a good idea to nerf Sven berserker to the ground? It all returns to the hand of the developer.