Tampzen
Topic Author

Rhea is a good hero

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Lately I've faced many Rhea in PVP and god damn, i can't do any-fcking-thing.
Due to her fcking fast CD, transform to range attack, jump, move my position, stun, addition dmg, refresh turn, shield.
Then i start to wonder that is this an elves force just like when summoners first came and the game was turn into summoners force?
Thx u , i'm not gonna take this anymore.

Silmeria

Re: Rhea is a good hero

Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Rhea is the new Sven
She's not just good... She's OP in PvP, just like how Sven was.
Sure, just like other champions she's not that sturdy and there are units who can counter her.
But I only see her encouraging rangers (kill her before she can cast her skill), tanks (able to withstand her atk damage) or counter Rhea with Rhea.

Her on-attack skill chance need to be lowered to 40-50%.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:07 pm

True. Once she leaps in your squad, you better start digging your own grave because you cannot do anything. Her shield makes her truly OP since she basically has 150% HP.

Oh well, she's gonna get nerfed in 6 months time when everyone is complaining, just like sven

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Rhea is the new Sven
She's not just good... She's OP in PvP, just like how Sven was.
Sure, just like other champions she's not that sturdy and there are units who can counter her.
But I only see her encouraging rangers (kill her before she can cast her skill), tanks (able to withstand her atk damage) or counter Rhea with Rhea.

Her on-attack skill chance need to be lowered to 40-50%.
Yup, rhea only solidifies the need to create either archer or tank teams - which is the root of all problems in arena.

airkon
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:35 am

She's only a threat if you can't kill her in a single turn. Her shield doesn't activate for herself if she's dealt lethal damage so she's most probably dead after she jumps in. 

Unless u are playing a tank team with no damage, then gg. 

- Airk of Infinity

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:51 pm

She's only a threat if you can't kill her in a single turn. Her shield doesn't activate for herself if she's dealt lethal damage so she's most probably dead after she jumps in. 

- Airk of Infinity
And how many can do that? I think there's only a handful of players with super duper deadly archer squads that can kill rhea in turn 1 (specially those rhea guarded at the backrows). On the other hand, squds with rhea are proliferating.
- Ferico of Pluto

ashenwind

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm

- Airk of Infinity
And how many can do that? I think there's only a handful of players with super duper deadly archer squads that can kill rhea in turn 1 (specially those rhea guarded at the backrows). On the other hand, squds with rhea are proliferating.
- Ferico of Pluto
As Airk said, if you can kill Rhea Dragoon in a single attack, she won't be that much of a problem. You don't really have to kill her at turn 1. It's easier to do so after she jumped away to you.

Personally, I've been killing Rhea Dragoon with Leon built for SDD in my tank team or my other arena team. Rhea always target the hero with the lowest def. So it's actually quite easy to deal with her. Especially since my lowest def unit is usually placed within Leon's melee range.

Rhea Gladiator is another case altogether. She's weak if placed on front line, since she'll most likely use her turn to walk forward. But if placed on the back, or if given the chance to cast her CF, paired with archer, she's hell more annoying. Since she can stun most if not all squad members in a single attack, not giving us any chance to act even if we survive the archers attack trigger.

On my opinion, Rhea Glad is actually the one that has to be killed as fast as possible. But with some smart squad placement on the opponent side, it's almost impossible to do without using archers.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:11 pm

TBH, I personally do not have problems with her now. I have my own anti-rhea tactics (though still not perfect). I just had struggles when she was new and I didnt know any way of countering her. I'm using a tank-mage team, the very same team I've had from the start.

The problem you see is that you mentioned that SDD Leon/Darrion is a good counter to her and that's very convenient for you because you have him. That leads to the same problem we have in the arena - the need to have either tank or archer teams. I do get airk's point of dealing a big chunk of damage to rhea so she wouldnt be able to activate her shield and that is again in terms of convenience for either tanks or archer teams.

What I'm heading on this discussion is again variety and usefulness of other squads mainly shadows, champs, mages, and healers in the arena. I've been fighting for this cause for a long time now and I refuse to field my own archers or full tank teams because of this. Call me an idiot or anything but I will stand by those who are tired of just having an archer/tank teams as a single solution in the arena meta.

ashenwind

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 pm

If anything, any decent berserker or dragoon Freya should be able to do the same thing as my SDD Leon. Sven zerker can use his pet wyvern as a bait target for Rhea Dragoon jump if his team went second. Otherwise, the wyvern should  be able to one-hit Rhea all the same. Unless your opponent outmatched you in term of equipment and level, all the above options are viable.

It's indeed harder to counter Rhea Dragoon on a specialized squad (other than archer) like mystic team and tank team. Since they generally do not use champion or quick high-damage unit.

I can only suggest putting resilience effect on the most targeted unit, in order to prevent Rhea jumping into your formation.

If we look it in another way, she actually encourage people to at least include a champion or two, instead of hold-the-line method.

But if she is truly giving a lot of trouble to other people who do not own her or any other unit that can be used to counter her, then we'll just need to wait patiently. She'll get the just dessert in time. Like Sven and Talissa did.

By this time, you should be aware already how long will it take for the dev to actually do some balancing to the heroes. Even if we collectively complain about it.

As usual, we can only endure through it.

At least, we are in the same opinion that Rhea needs to be reworked slightly, albeit the class we are complaining with is different.

Tampzen
Topic Author

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:24 am

yeah, i have a very big prob cause i use Tank-Mage team (3 tanks, 1 mage and healer)

If Rhea jump, my mage or healer surely dead.
even if they can survive from 1 atk but Rhea fking 100% refresh rate as shit(and yeah, it a bug.. fck)