Sonny6166
Topic Author

make kiera great again?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am

As title...

The only usable kiera is RM kiera , and ele kiera probably.

Now that ellis had rework, with that 80% def reduce, she can deal more damage that ele kiera and but aren't valiant supposed to be the strongest ?

and also that CD of ellis is way shorter then kiera.

Please make kiera great again.

Silmeria

Re: make kiera great again?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:34 pm

+1

There are plenty of threads regarding this issue already. Please do something about this, devs.

whodahackii

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:30 pm

I thought both of Ellis job are meant to be Single Target spell, isn't that a good reason to have shorther cd?

But if there are other reason to make Kiera great again, I will be happy to know too! Been staying off mystic for sooooo loooong, hopefully there is a time where Mystic are actually good!

Chaoslord92
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:34 pm

I personally find that the dev are just purposely delaying or ignoring the issue completely.
 I remember someone mentioning that they are aware of the issue and need time to develop or implement the change. How long has it been since the issue was raised?
If I remember correctly it was soon after the launch of the game like in Nov 2016 or something after the nerf mystic to the ground. Over the year, they "tried" to make "improvement". The talent tree was one and the valiant revamp was another. One look at the mystic talent tree and you could really really tell they do not really care of mystic at all. Oh give them a special class talent branch to increase atk to back row. Does that help in arena against anything? Mystic still dies easily from archer on first turn especially with the addition of archer talent tree. I so "love" my mystic with 6 star gear dying on first turn against archer comp. Does mystic do anything against guardian comps? Well with their resilience raid gear and talent tree to be even more tanky. My 16k mag kiera ele manage to deal 9k damage to a small part of the guardian team assuming i get past their resilience, bubble,invincibility. Fancy how a supposedly 28800 damage skill becomes 9k damage. Then the next turn what happens, a priest just heal that damage off. Some people might say just bring someone to kill of the priest. Then you lack the defense aura to even let your mystic have a small chance of survival. So whenever I see valiant force description of what mystics are I am very baffled. They are deal minimum damage to monster in PVE due to insane hp pool and like  insane mag damage resistance like 75%. They exist as fodder against archers and guardians in arena.
SO how effective is kiera considering all 4 jobs, No one will use any of them for PVE content not with the uselessness of their skill damage and how the revamped add on effect get resisted most of the time.
In arena, they are just better mystic out there that the common players will not never get cough cough Zoey. 
I understand that the way the game is developed each skill can only have 3 effects. But none of the effects they added during the revamp helps solve the problem mystics are facing.
Well knowing how the developers have approached the issue with their changes to the game. I think that our poor kiera can continue to sit in the corner collecting dust. Will the next change solve the issue, based on developers track record on how they deal with an issue that exist since the the official launch of the game, I will be highly surprised if it does.

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:36 am

I thought both of Ellis job are meant to be Single Target spell, isn't that a good reason to have shorther cd?

But if there are other reason to make Kiera great again, I will be happy to know too! Been staying off mystic for sooooo loooong, hopefully there is a time where Mystic are actually good!
read again the description of the spell, warlock ellis deal cross shaped area dmg.... and with a CD 3

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Vote up for this post >_<

However, I didn't get what we are talking about... I sense 3 topics:
1. Mystic class is weak... dev please do something...
2. Kiera is weak among mystic... dev please do something...
3. Kiera is a valiant... dev please make her strong...

Err...

Well, in my opinion, firstly mystic class is not "weak". The problem of the mystic class is they do nothing when their skill is on cooldown, and their skill damage is not high enough to compensate the wasted turns. A ranger can do way more damage over these turns. Mystics have the same total stats as rangers, but mag stat is not as valuable as atk and crit, which make them hard to use in pve. In pvp mystic do have a chance to reveal their true power since the turn flows much faster and they can cast their skill on each move(if the cooldown is less than 5 turn). But they can hardly survive long enough to cast their skill. build more def on mystic may help the survival problem, but then they don't do enough damage with their skill...Hope we can get a massive rework on existing mystics, especially those with 6 turn skill cooldown.

Secondly, Kiera is weak among mystic? I don't think so. Kiera is a valiant and thus, she has higher stats which helps on survival and skill damage. also her aura and skill are better then the non-valiant heroes. But we do feel kiera is weak, in comparison to another valiant-level mystic, which is Zoey. Kiera is an existing mystic and the way she works is outdated... Newer released mystics tend to have a shorter cooldown, more crowd control effect, to better adapt to faster battles. So again, existing mystic need some kind of rework... not only kiera, also ronan/zedd.

Lastly, a valiant should be stronger than a non-valiant heor? Yes, sure. But valiant already have better stats and better aura. I think it's ok for a non-valiant hero to "shine" in some part. Otherwise, it just forces us all to use valiant heroes... Kiera is definitely weaker than Zoey, and really need a rework. not only kiera, ronan/zedd are weaker than talissa/ellis/merlin...due to their designs are outdated and doesn't fit the current fast pace battle. If a hero doesn't cast his/her skill in the first 4 turn, then he/she may never be able to cast it... when they face an MW Zeoy...

Well, we all know devs are busy and it's useless to say the same thing again and again ... but we should remind them that we are still waiting for mystics to be great again >_<

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:16 am

Vote up for this post >_<

However, I didn't get what we are talking about... I sense 3 topics:
1. Mystic class is weak... dev please do something...
2. Kiera is weak among mystic... dev please do something...
3. Kiera is a valiant... dev please make her strong...

Err...

Well, in my opinion, firstly mystic class is not "weak". The problem of the mystic class is they do nothing when their skill is on cooldown, and their skill damage is not high enough to compensate the wasted turns. A ranger can do way more damage over these turns. Mystics have the same total stats as rangers, but mag stat is not as valuable as atk and crit, which make them hard to use in pve. In pvp mystic do have a chance to reveal their true power since the turn flows much faster and they can cast their skill on each move(if the cooldown is less than 5 turn). But they can hardly survive long enough to cast their skill. build more def on mystic may help the survival problem, but then they don't do enough damage with their skill...Hope we can get a massive rework on existing mystics, especially those with 6 turn skill cooldown.

Secondly, Kiera is weak among mystic? I don't think so. Kiera is a valiant and thus, she has higher stats which helps on survival and skill damage. also her aura and skill are better then the non-valiant heroes. But we do feel kiera is weak, in comparison to another valiant-level mystic, which is Zoey. Kiera is an existing mystic and the way she works is outdated... Newer released mystics tend to have a shorter cooldown, more crowd control effect, to better adapt to faster battles. So again, existing mystic need some kind of rework... not only kiera, also ronan/zedd.

Lastly, a valiant should be stronger than a non-valiant heor? Yes, sure. But valiant already have better stats and better aura. I think it's ok for a non-valiant hero to "shine" in some part. Otherwise, it just forces us all to use valiant heroes... Kiera is definitely weaker than Zoey, and really need a rework. not only kiera, ronan/zedd are weaker than talissa/ellis/merlin...due to their designs are outdated and doesn't fit the current fast pace battle. If a hero doesn't cast his/her skill in the first 4 turn, then he/she may never be able to cast it... when they face an MW Zeoy...

Well, we all know devs are busy and it's useless to say the same thing again and again ... but we should remind them that we are still waiting for mystics to be great again >_<
Errrr. Your post seems to be in disbelief that Kiera is weak but you mentioned clearly her weakness so <Insert Thinking Emoji>, I dunno.

Anyway, I agree that devs are conveniently ignoring the calls to improve Kiera, or genesis mystics in this case. I like the newer mystics though they still have the "useless phase" before their skill. Case in point, there are LOTS of thread about making mystics great again but even a simple acknowledgement even from the ever-active MiloD is missing. MiloD is acknowledging feedbacks from other threads so I dunno why not from the mystic threads so <insert thinking emoji again>

Simple solutions:
a.) Have higher CD but very powerful AURAS (e.g. When allies attack, this hero casts fireball with 80% MAG by 40% Chance)
b.) Have lower CD but decent skill damage (have been suggested million times)

Hello, MiloD, where art thou?

Xinhuan

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:31 am

The problem comes back again and again to do core game mechanics where Damage = Attack - Defense. Mystics and Healers have this core problem, where because of this, they are largely useless unless they have really strong auras, or really short cooldowns.

Guess what, it is very difficult to design/balance short cooldown skills, and/or strong auras.

There's only so many gimmicks you can do to make a usable mystic/healer, and only "this many ways" to make short cooldown skills that aren't borderline overpowered. Short cooldown skills are problematic when you add in auras that can reduce cooldowns of adjacent heroes, or with haste potions, and so on.

Yes, the last few mystics and healers are pretty good, but the core of the problem is still there - the basic damage formula of Attack - Defense. 12Braves refusal to change the core damage formulas is in effect restricting design space for all future mystics and healers. The question is, WHY must mystics do next to no damage when their skills isn't available? WHY can't that change?

I can understand a desire to keep formulas simple, but sometimes... it's just way too simple and ends up getting in the way. If the damage formula is dependent on 4 variables, then you can tweak any of the 4 variables to adjust game balance. If damage is dependent on only 2 variables (attack and defense), then you have less ways to tweak the game balance. The more variables you have, the more knobs you can use as a game designer to adjust game balance. Of course, too many variables also makes it hard to balance, you don't want 10 variables to juggle.

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:29 pm

err... regarding this.

Maybe just change the talent tree design?

instead of deal extra mag dmg based on atk why not extra atk dmg based on mag?

Would that be so much better? at least mystic can deal some damage while waiting for the skills to be ready.

but since you brought this up....mystics are useless because they cant cast skill in time due to super long CD and event boss resist almost every debuff.

also because of event boss one shot them (potentially some will survive if buff with consumable and max def talent).

looking for an example? current tower event floor 60... 

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:38 pm

also... there is already cast on-atk skill? why not to have cast-def skill?

if the dev are not willing to change how the mystic works... at least give them survivability to make them actually CAST skill.

suggestions:

100% chance to cast a hp shield based on 25% of mag last for 2 turns when hero is defending?

or 25% chance to dodge an atk while defending?