AvocadoMilk
Valiant Moderator
Valiant Moderator
Topic Author

Raid 2 Formation Testing

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Hello fellow players,

AvocadoMilk here! It has been a very heartening experience to see all of you working hard to find the ideal formation to bring down the raid bosses. Your collaborations and discussions across guilds on various forums and chat mediums are always intriguing.

Through your feedback, we understand the limitations you faced while brainstorming and in the theory crafting process. As such, we would like to lend you guys some assistance and work together with you to come up with many working formations for each raid boss!!

And so… we the community moderators will be launching this brand new forum initiative:  

Formation Testing Beta!

Process:

For 2 weeks starting from 2nd of October
  1. Every Monday 12.00pm (+8 GMT) a thread to collect formation ideas will be created
  2. Use the valiant force db platform: http://www.arathos.com/en/ create a formation (under share a setup tab), and leave a comment on THIS thread with the screenshot, the raid boss this formation is intended for,  description on why the formation will work, and specific instructions (if any)  at every end of turn to execute your formation. 
  3. Lastly, leave your server and player ID.  Only entries with all the specified requirements written down will qualify for voting.  (Please refer to sample below)
  4. By Wednesday evening 6.00PM (+8 GMT) we will close the thread and create a voting page for you guys to vote for your favorite formation.
  5. The voting phase will be active from Thursday noon 12.00PM to Friday noon 12.00PM (+8 GMT)
  6. We will forward the idea to the dev team. They will build the top voted formation and bring it into raid. The max score, average score across successful runs will be recorded. Brief comments and relevant screenshots will also be included. 
  7. The results will be released anytime before or by the following Thursday 6.00PM (+8 GMT).
  8. If votes are close (with a 10 votes difference), it can also be considered for testing on a case by case basis. 
  9. Selected entries will receive 50 Gems and 150k gold. Each account is only entitled to one reward.
Bring your A game and we look forward to be swarmed with your ideas!
(A quick shoutout to the owner of db-valiants database! Thank you for creating such an awesome platform!)

whodahackii

Re: Raid 2 Formation Testing

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:05 pm

I've some questions.

The dateline is THIS Wednesday (10/4) isn't it?
What about those guild who have reached Boss 3? (does this mean the current available vote will be focused on boss 3?)

What if I have the plan for Boss 2, but I can't test it right now? How fair is it?
I only managed to promote my squad after the phoenix is dead. And I haven't come up with a good idea on boss 3 yet.

LOL always read closely...the Admin already stated there will be another thread created every Monday, and dateline by Wednesday.
Sorry.
Last edited by whodahackii on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Hello, you don't need to test it. 

WE are doing the testing for you! Just Choose the Raid, show us the ideal setup you think will work, drop us some ideas on how you want us to execute the formation out and we will test the team for you :) 

Munilet

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello, you don't need to test it. 

WE are doing the testing for you! Just Choose the Raid, show us the ideal setup you think will work, drop us some ideas on how you want us to execute the formation out and we will test the team for you :)  
I can't seem to find the thread, where is it MiloD?

AvocadoMilk
Valiant Moderator
Valiant Moderator
Topic Author

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

Hey Munilet, please submit your entries here, in this thread :)

Look forward to all your ideas ^^

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi, mates. It's Sheryl here o(>_<)o

My player ID should be "3fnza22" and server is Arathos

The build I would like to share is for raid 2 first boss, the lovely doggie.
I call it "Matilda Bleed SDD" but it doesn't have to be Matilda SW, Emilia Inq and Luthor SW also work in the same way...
it looks like this:
Yes, it's all healers >_<

So how it works?
Well, we all know that... in raid 2, the bosses are supposed to be some primal creatures that... immune to all sort of life steal effect. With no on attack healing, the formation known as SDD cannot work.
However, an on-attack heal don't have to be a life steal effect...There're ways around it, which I call a "Bleed SDD"
As its name indicated, you will need a bleed effect on your damage dealer(which in my case, is Matilda SW). Just defend on your first a few turn against the doggie until it applies bleed debuff on your damage dealer.
And then...when Matilda SW attacks, the following will happen.
1.Because of bleed effect, Matilda will suffer from bleed damage.
2.Because Matilda is damaged, Teresa has a 75% chance to trigger her aura and heal Matilda and herself.
3.Because Matilda is damaged, Victoria has a 75% chance to trigger her aura and heal matilda and herself.
4.If Matilda is healed, kahuna has a 40% chance to trigger matilda to attack again.
5.If Matilda is healed, Matilda WD has a 25% chance to refresh Matilda SW's turn, and you can attack again.
6.If Teresa is healed, Matilda has a 40% chance to be triggered to attack.
7.If Victoria is healed, Matilda has a 40% chance to be triggered to attack.
8.If any of the above happen and Matilda SW attacks again, she suffers bleed damage, and go back to 1.
9.Now enjoy watching Matilda launch countless attacks on the doggie... and amuse yourself by counting how many triggers it can reach...

So forget about all your worries and join the healer meta >_<
Let's make VF great again!
--------------------------
Thanks to all my mates who give advice and point out my mistake in the above guide. Love you guys as I always do! o(>_<)o
Last edited by Sheryl on Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zayler
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Sheryl:3.Because Matilda is damaged, Lucille has a 75% chance to trigger her aura and heal matilda and herself.
Nice strat but SW Lucille's aura is "When hero is hit, there is a 75% chance to: Heals this hero and allies in aura for 35% of hero's MAG."
So you probably have to replace SW Lucille with Paly Arthur / BK victoria / AB Siena.

Edit: Looks like you fixed it :)

Celsius
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 pm

Server: Everglades
IGN: Celsius
ID: bmghgj
Team Layout

Target Boss: Hell Hound
1. [Guardian] Victoria (Blood Knight)
2. [Healer] Matilda (Spirit Walker)
3. [Healer] Emilia (Inquisitor)
4. [Healer] Siena (Archibishop)
5. [Healer] Lucille (Spirit Walker)

Individual Skills, Equipment & Runes

1. [Guardian] Victoria (Blood Knight)
- Skills
  • When allies in aura are hit, there is a 75% chance to heals this hero and allies in aura for 30% of hero's DEF.
  • Active Skill - Taunt (Optional).
- Equipment & Runes
  • DEF Suffix Equipment.
  • Guard Rune of DEF.

2. [Healer] Matilda (Spirit Walker)
- Skills
  • When allies in aura are healed, there is a 40% chance to trigger this hero to attack with 120% of their ATK.
  • Active Skill - Mandatory since it increases Matilda's output.
- Equipment & Runes
  • Trinity or Might Suffix Equipment.
  • Fury Rune of ATK.
- Others
  • Max Talent Points required - ATK path.

3. Emilia (Inquisitor)
- Skills
  • When allies in aura are healed, there is a 40% chance to trigger this hero to attack with 100% of their ATK.
  • Active Skill - Mandatory since it increases overall output.
- Equipment & Runes
  • Trinity or Might Suffix Equipment.
  • Fury Rune of ATK.
- Others
  • Max Talent Points required - ATK path.

4. [Healer] Siena (Archibishop)
- Skills
  • When allies in aura are hit, there is a 75% chance to heals allies in aura for 20% of hero's MAG.
  • Active Skill - Heals / Revive / Shield (Situational)
- Equipment & Runes
  • DEF Suffix Equipment.
  • Guard Rune of DEF.

5. Lucille (Spirit Walker)
- Skills
  • When hero is hit, there is a 75% chance to heals this hero and allies in aura for 35% of hero's MAG.
  • Active Skill - Mandatory since it increases damage dealt to all enemies increases by 25% for 2 turn(s), and able to reduce selected ally's cool-down by one.
- Equipment & Runes
  • Wizardry Suffix Equipment.
  • Energy Rune of MAG.
- Others
  • Mandatory to have the lowest defense value in the team, to enable her as the hound's default target.
  • Her aura require her to be hit, so above is necessary for her on-hit heal.

General Play-style
  • Hell Hound can use Bleed & Burn on unit's tiles.
  • Victoria's Taunt is optional, to save cast time.
  • Siena's Active Skill is situational, to save cast time.
  • Lucille's, Matilda's & Emilia's Active Skills are mandatory, as it increases overall damage output.
  • Other than using Active Skills, attack only with Emilia (if she is not in Celestial Form) & Matilda, follow by Guard / End Turn.
-------------------------
That's all from me, for your consideration. ~Celsius

Ganjakun

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Erm, can I just say that the existence of this thread is proof that it's hard to raise a diverse team in VF...

Sheryl
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:56 am

Erm, can I just say that the existence of this thread is proof that it's hard to raise a diverse team in VF...
Yes, it's so hard to get a second team to work that we have to let devs test for us instead testing it ourselves. 
It's no fun but putting heavy investment into a team which doesn't work is no fun either.