Break
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wanted to check if any improvements were made to the game?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:31 am

Hey guys, I'm one of the players that played the game during it's beta stage, quit the game awhile back, right before elves were released I think. Just wanted to check if the game is worth getting into again? Namely wanted to know if:

1) Are there still "event heroes" with ridiculous stat boost that you need to rely on to beat Master or "whatever is the highest difficulty" stages of events now? I mean I had a pretty decent team that was limit broken 2-4 times, but they still failed to clear what 2 event heroes could breeze through. 

2) Are there still like cash only equipments or skins or etc? 

3) Are mages still bad? I mean back when I was still playing they were seriously only good for clearing the gold mines.

Xinhuan

Re: Wanted to check if any improvements were made to the game?

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:05 pm

1. The last 2 events could be done without the event hero. Event hero still helps though, since they still have +150% stats boost.

2. Yes. Vanity skins still exist, and there's some new ones. And they give some stats.

3. Yes. Mystics still bad in PvE, but the last few released ones are good in PvP (Zoey, Taegen, Merlin).

whodahackii

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:11 am

Fun to play, even better when paying, but best not to pay so you may choose to quit anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Zayler
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:25 am

1) Last few events did not require event heroes to clear legendary as long as you have a strong team.

2) Yes there are cash only content. In fact they have been increasing the cash-only stuff lately. (cash bundle only vanity equip skins, cash only vanity wings that give 1.5k stat total boost, exclusive 2 piece equips, cash only costumes that give 1.5x more stat boost than gem/valianite costume, Dark Lord tickets that can only be gotten from cash purchase, etc...)

3) Yes mages are still bad in general except a small handful of them that are decent in specific conditions. The main mage exception is Zoey (Dark Lord) who was a reward for top 100 in ladder when she was first released but can now be obtained by cash bundles.

If you do decide to get back into the game, i would agree with whodahackii's post.

Break
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Wait, there are "cash only" heroes now? I mean top 100 pretty much means you're gonna have to pay to get anywhere close. Can she be obtained from limited summons like Miu? 

rylou13
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Wait, there are "cash only" heroes now? I mean top 100 pretty much means you're gonna have to pay to get anywhere close. Can she be obtained from limited summons like Miu? 
Yes, there is. Dark Lords can only be obtained from Ladder/King's Chest/Bundles which require you to spend real money. The downside is that they are difficult to max limit break and max talent points, so some players like me still preferred to use heroes that are easy to gain.

whodahackii

Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Why you give him candy coat truth~~ the top 50 arena team has at least 15 people using Zoey(cash only) in their mostly Guardian Team~
it's not that bad in real, but very bad if you 'wanted' to try for top 50~

*ps:// i don't do top 50, i couldn't if i wanted though

Xinhuan

Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:23 am

Zoey is the only limited hero to date. She was given out as top 100 ladder reward (in July), and last week as a $100 bundle. She's strong, but you can easily get by without her. I suspect half the players with her still have her as a 3* because they haven't decided on which job path to promote her to, as another proof that she isn't required to play the game.
As for top 100, I have top 100 on Everglades every ladder in the last 2 months, without spending a single cent. You just need to prep and store 300 energy before the ladder starts, and buy some energy with gems daily (gems earned from in game, not cash).