badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Is Arena Combat Rigged?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Due to some recent experiences I'm starting to think that arena combat is rigged. The fact that you cannot see the opponents stats only bolsters my belief. Now I can understand not showing them before the battle but I cannot see any reason why you shouldn't be able to view them during combat. In a recent arena match my champion Rhea with an attack rating of over 10,000 attacked an opponent's mystic and only did 87 points of damage. There was no damage reduction or any other special skills or effects that would have mitigated Rhea attack except for the mystics defense rating. I'm dying to see what this mystic's defense rating was and how exactly it was achieved it. Is their something to this or is it all in my head? Showing the  opponents stats during combat would resolve this question instantly and I hope that the developers due in fact implement this. Does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Sn1v33

Re: Is Arena Combat Rigged?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Some mystics can exceed 10k DEF, fyi. They wouldn't even need 10k DEF to not be scratched by your 10k Rhea when they're heavily defended in the back. 

Still, may I know the team composition, anyway? 

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:26 am

The mystic was Ronan and as for the rest of the team I don't recall but I do know there were no aura's affecting her. And she was not in the back ranks at the time of the attack. I would really like to see the math on a mystic with a 10,000 defense, with my rough calculations at most your looking at around 8,000 and that's assuming her faith was Krotos, all the runes she had were defense and every single piece of gear she had was defense. And if that's the case how did she do 7,500 points of damage with her sanctuary of runes skill? Th a skill is at 120% of her mag stat. If everything she had was defense and defense only there is no way that could have happened. This why I'd really like to see the stats because it appears it simply does not add up.

Sn1v33

Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:40 am

The mystic was Ronan and as for the rest of the team I don't recall but I do know there were no aura's affecting her. And she was not in the back ranks at the time of the attack. I would really like to see the math on a mystic with a 10,000 defense, with my rough calculations at most your looking at around 8,000 and that's assuming her faith was Krotos, all the runes she had were defense and every single piece of gear she had was defense. And if that's the case how did she do 7,500 points of damage with her sanctuary of runes skill? Th a skill is at 120% of her mag stat. If everything she had was defense and defense  only there is no way that could have happened. This why I'd really like to see the stats because it appears it simply does not add up.
If that is RM Ronan, he can hit I think 12k DEF at most Max LBed with Athena faith and max insignia of the nymph. There is also the damage reduction talent for mystics which is a decent 30%. 
If you are in lower-middle tiers, that player might be a whale who isn't climbing the ladders. I had some experience of maxxed opponents before when I was fairly new occasionally. 

whodahackii

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:48 pm

I won't go as far to say the PVP is rigged.

But before that, you need to undersrand the Adjusted (yes officially and is long going even from Everglades).
Correct me if I'm wrong and please help include if something is left out.

1. Heal effect is all halved. (or at least at 50~70% potential)
2. Magic skill will be damped by BOTH Mag & Def stat. (numbers unknown)
3. All Ranged normal attack will have Penalty BEFORE reducing Def. (1st row no penatly, 2nd row 75%, 3rd row 56% until 4th row(Last), which leave you at 42%)
4. CD reduction happens even BETWEEN heroes's turn, not Player/Battle turn.
5. Player who moved second have 5 extra points.
6. Center tile reduce def & mag (up to 50% i guess), Side tile reduce them by (up to 25% i guess)
7. Killing Pet will earn Kill Points (10 or 15 i forgot) and killing Summoner after summon pet, will get 2 Kill Points.

Xinhuan

Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:22 pm

6. Center tile reduce def & mag (up to 50% i guess), Side tile reduce them by (up to 25% i guess)
7. Killing Pet will earn Kill Points (10 or 15 i forgot) and killing Summoner after summon pet, will get 2 Kill Points.
Not 50% or 25%, not even close.

When a hero moves on to a capture tile, he immediately gains a debuff to both Defense and Magic. This initial debuff is -3% for the center capture tile and -1% for the side capture tiles. At the start of that player’s subsequent turns, the debuff grows by an additional -2% if that hero is still standing on the capture tile (both center/side tiles grow the debuff by -2%). If the hero is moved off the capture tile, the debuff will no longer grow. The debuff is removed after 2 turns of not standing on a capture tile. Like the 10% attack buff for each hero death, this debuff is also not shown in the inspect window but the numerical values can be toggled on to see the debuff values.

Pet deaths award 5 points, not 10 or 15.

Player who move second also starts with -1 cooldown.