badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Re: Cheating

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:06 pm

I'm shocked that you can use that kind of language on this forum. I thought the use of vulgar language was against the rules. And for your information I have done the math and the research and it doesn't add up. Would you like me to post the top 6 equipment combinations for Lucille to show it still doesn't ads up? And you're right I am new and probably ignorant which is why I would appreciate it if you could educate me. I'd really like to see the math because mine doesn't add up. I've done the math and the research on Ronan from a previous post that didn't add up. And I have tried to attach a screen shot of Lucille healing 6,000+ per turn in arena combat but the file is too big. When I get home I'll compress it on my computer and see if I can make if fit without distorting the text. Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture of her doing 14,000+ points of damage with her aura on the same Rhea from before. This attack puts her MAG over 21,000 without considering any kind of damage reduction. As for the Snow White example I believe it was the poison damage and not the hex damage, but I will try and get a screen shot of it. And please forgive me if I don't believe someone when they say something is possible but won't show the proof. A way to resolve this would be if we could see the opponents stats during combat, not before but during. That would give us complete transparency. Also didn't make the accusation of cheating lightly. I made it after taking into consideration several things and that being the only logical explaination. And finally if asking simple questions about things that don't appear to be right is "acting like a bitch" then I apologize for that as well.

Sonny6166

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:24 pm

simply because we don't know how magic damage are calculated.

not like physical damage is atk-def = damage.

both def stats and magic stats are taken into account when calculating magic damage... so that we simply cannot do the math for you

you will have to test it out on pvp with your friend

Bansky

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:29 pm

If you believe there is cheating happening in your server, the proper course of action would be to gather the evidence and then report it to CS, but as far as arena damage mechanics is concerned, i'm pretty confident everything is working as it should be.  There is no sure way to calculate magic damage, but I've clocked in almost 10k games in arena, and I haven't observed any kind of anomaly going on.

Xinhuan

Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi badblackbishop,

Here's a Kiera of a guild member of mine.

That's 20k MAG before accounting for any additional MAG that can be gained from in combat auras, and without her own aura buffing herself. With the self-buff, it's 24k without accounting for ally auras that add more MAG. Lucille can reach these numbers too, since both Kiera and Lucille are Valiants. Most players in the top 50 arena run units with 19-22k Attack, or 16-20k defense, and 18-20k attack rangers/shadows with 75% crit cap.

You claim to have done your research. Maybe you haven't seen this thread yet, or know the lengths people go to to reroll their 6* gear stats to give +10% or more on the primary stat of EVERY piece of gear.

http://www.forum.playvaliantforce.com/v ... php?t=3984

This thread contains what were considered "world records" for attack, magic, defense, hp values for different heroes about 3-4 months ago, BEFORE insignias were released.

The "ridiculous numbers" you claim are impossible, are in fact quite normal, even more so now that we have 5* insignias each increasing stats by a further 2k-3k easily. With the first Raid 2 sets coming out once guilds beat this ongoing Guild Raid 2 (it reset this morning for the second raid cycle), Raid Set 2 improves on Raid set 1 by nearly some 2000-3000 stat points, the numbers will grow again.

WhiteChocolate
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:21 pm

For Lucile here's what I have:
Base MAG Stat: 5,863
Insigna of the Nymph: +1,979 (880 + 1,100)
Runes: +3,719 (2,547 +1,172)
Talent: +1,500
This gives us a total of 13,061 without any equipment on.
Your calculation is a bit off.  
The stats from talents are directly added into your base stats which will be compounded by eq,runes and insignia
A Lv.40 Kiera Elementalist will have 5706 MAG, if you invested talent points into all of the MAG nodes you will gain another 2300 MAG which adds up to 8006 BASE MAG.
  • Mage class cannot equip shield at the moment so we will only be calculating 5 body parts, if each of them gives 10% MAG that will be 50% MAG.
  • Insignia of Nymph gives 15% MAG
  • 6* Heirloom Set gives 8% MAG as set bonus
  • 2 sets of yellow runes gives 20% MAG bonus
If you add them up that will be 93% of MAG boost. 8006+7445 = 15451 MAG without adding any raw values from the equips, insignia and runes.
Anyway you get the idea...  20k is totally achievable and does not involve any cheating

Sn1v33

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Yes, I also forgot to mention I honestly don't know how skill damage is calculated but I know it is reduced by MAG and DEF. Moreover, your equips can have different MAG% bonuses(some have 3%, 5%, etc.) and a max LB athena mystic can reach 6-8k MAG naked so that MAG% bonus from equips will vary. This is also the first time I have honestly seen a 20k MAG Kiera( I am impressed wow).

I won't apologize for my choice of words but I am trying to inform you that your words are kind of too demanding for someone who is ASKING for a favor. I usually reply with all respect to people here but you are being too difficult to people who made the effort to discuss things with you.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 am

First I didn't intend demand anything, what I meant to do was make a statement or ask a rhetoical question. I apologize if some people viewed that as demanding. I also would like to thank all of you for providing me with some very interesting useful information. However if it's true that we don't know how magic damage is calculated and we can't stats of the other players then it's impossible for me to rule out cheating or that the system is rigged. This is bitterly disappointing and it vexs me terribly as to why we don't know how magic damage is calculated. Futhermore I don't know how you could completely rule out inconsistencies without having all the data and how it calculated. I would also like to define what I mean when I say I've done the research and done the math. The research is looking at the chatacters and seeing what their max stats are, what there skills do, and what equipment they can have and what bonus they provide. Then doing the math is adding it all up and then seeing if those results arw what I have observed in real play. I do have a question and I hope someone has an answer. Does the damage reduction from the postion in the board apply to magic damage as well? It's my understanding it does as it's a straight reduction to damage inflicted. If that true then in the Snow White example there was a 75% damage reduction to the attack that did 13,000+ points of damage. This would mean that the original attack was at nearly 55,000 points of damage and it was damage from poison and not hex (as it was the first time she used it and it killed another hero outright and seriously injured two others). With the poison damage being 60% of her points that would but her HP at more 80,000. Had it been the hex damage it wouldn't have killed my other hero outright and injured the others as it requires 4 hexs to be used.

Sn1v33

Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 am

First I didn't intend demand anything, what I meant to do was make a statement or ask a rhetoical question. I apologize if some people viewed that as demanding. I also would like to thank all of you for providing me with some very interesting useful information. However if it's true that we don't know how magic damage is calculated and we can't stats of the other players then it's impossible for me to rule out cheating or that the system is rigged. This is bitterly disappointing and it vexs me terribly as to why we don't know how magic damage is calculated. Futhermore I don't know how you could completely rule out inconsistencies without having all the data and how it calculated. I would also like to define what I mean when I say I've done the research and done the math. The research is looking at the chatacters and seeing what their max stats are, what there skills do, and what equipment they can have and what bonus they provide. Then doing the math is adding it all up and then seeing if those results arw what I have observed in real play. I do have a question and I hope someone has an answer. Does the damage reduction from the postion in the board apply to magic damage as well? It's my understanding it does as it's a straight reduction to damage inflicted. If that true then in the Snow White example there was a 75% damage reduction to the attack that did 13,000+ points of damage. This would mean that the original attack was at nearly 55,000 points of damage and it was damage from poison and not hex (as it was the first time she used it and it killed another hero outright and seriously injured two others). With the poison damage being 60% of her points that would but her HP at more 80,000. Had it been the hex damage it wouldn't have killed my other hero outright and injured the others as it requires 4 hexs to be used.
Wait a sec, so you are saying that SW did 13k damage from poison and not hex? That's absurd and the best guardians typically only have 25k~ so I think SW could only have that much HP.

On a side note, in PvP, you take half efficiency from skills so in essence, it's 30% of SW's HP. Also, I think at least seeing the enemy BP should be the norm. Seeing the stats of every hero in the enemy may make it boring as you would 90% predict how your team would fare against them.

whodahackii

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:36 am

My 2 cents regarding Snow White HP / Skill Dmg Reduction

1. All Skill damage will not be affected by Range like Range Attack. (no effect at all)
2. A Hercules faith hero may reach 35k hp or more (that is the when focused on HP rather than Def)
3. I still am not convinced that the Snow White Poison can deal that much dmg.... I only knew her Hex Stack can deal 30k before reduction (which realisticly is 3-7k against guardian/mystic/healer, and 7-15k to other 3 classes)

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:19 pm

The problem I have with determining if it was poison and not the hex is that it happens so fast. The reason I believe it was the poison and not the hex is because it requires 4 hexs to do that damage and she only shoots 4 bolts per skill use. And since she killed one guy outright and injured two others I think accounts for all hexs leaving only the poison damage to do the 13,000+. And I don't think you should see the stats before the battle but only during it. And I do understand that you can max out certain stats to them extremely high. But you would have to focus on that one stat, you couldn't gef a character with a 20,000+ MAG stat and have 18,000+ DEF or ATK stat as well is theoretically correct? It is my understanding with the runes that you would have to focus on one type to get the most benefit from it. Which is why when I see certain things in arena combat it makes me question what's really going on here. Us there an offical page where all of the details of arena and story mode comabat mechanics are explained as well as other details of the game? I've heard a lot of things about how the game works but I have seen very little in the in game guide that is provided.