badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Arena Freezing

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:02 am

During Arena play about 25% of the time when I'm either winning or it's even the game freezes and get stuck in a loop forcing me to retreat to exit combat. Does anyone else experience this high of a percentage of the game freezing or is it just me?

Zvalmiekloranesh

Re: Arena Freezing

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 am

I have, two or three times in total for now. It happened when my internet connection went missing and came back, or was not stable.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm

For me it doesn't matter what internet connection I use nor does it matter which of my 3 devices I use either. I could be at home using my private wifi, or outside using my data on my phone or at a coffee shop using their public hotspot. I could be using my tablet, or my work phone or my personal cellphone It does not matter at all, I still have to retreat from arena combat 25% of the time if not more because the game gets stuck in a loop.

MiloDinosaur
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:47 am

Any specific setup when this occurs? Let us know! (Also mentioned in previous thread)

Zvalmiekloranesh

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:22 am

For me it doesn't matter what internet connection I use nor does it matter which of my 3 devices I use either. I could be at home using my private wifi, or outside using my data on my phone or at a coffee shop using their public hotspot. I could be using my tablet, or my work phone or my personal cellphone  It does not matter at all, I still have to retreat from arena combat 25% of the time if not more because the game gets stuck in a loop.
Any specific setup when this occurs? Let us know! (Also mentioned in previous thread)
I think it's a good opportunity to answer now badblackbishop, give as many informations as you can, and like you told in other threads, it seems to not be your devices, for it does it everytime with different devices. Maybe it could be good to answer the following questions :

- Who are you using in your squad ?
- How many skills  didyou use and which one (exemple : combinaison of Altima's protection with another Altima with Rhéa DRG with another elf, maybe too many celestial form makes the game crash ?)
- Which unit were you targeting with your skills ?
- Which langage have you choose for your game ?
- Which server are you on ?
Any good information could help you and others.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

For what it's worth my team titled Elven Might consisted of the following:
Rhea - Gladiator
Altima - Paladin
Emilia - Arch Bishop
Tess - Grand Ranger
Raegar - Magebane

I was playing on the Arathos server and it does appear that either the number of transformations an/or a combination of transformations would cause the game to crash. I have played a few trials without my team of elves (those that require 4 star heros) and did not have any problems with the game crashing. In PvE mode I never made it past turn 26 without the game crashing (or actually freezing) while in PvP mode it doesn't seem to matter how long the battle goes on as it has froze in the first few turns and even much later on. Interestingly enough it has only frozen three times when my opponents have transformed and having auto play on seems to prolong the freezing and even sometimes has brought it back to life after a minute or two. But none of this really matters to me anymore as I have stopped playing the game for this very reason. The inability to complete the special events and the ability to be able to effectively compete in the PvP arena combined with the developers being either unwilling or unable to fix this issue caused the game to not be worth playing anymore. The fact is I have wasted all the time, energy and money that I spent developing this team and these hero's and cannot justify wasting anymore of my resources. The developers knew this transformation was an issue right from the beginning as it crashed the game every time it was used. Then they kind of fixed so that it could actually be used on a limited basis without completely resolving the problem. And as with each communique I've had with customer service they assure me that they have fixed the issue and upon the next patch it will no longer be a problem. I believe that was 7 months ago went they first told me that and here we are still talking about. The last message I sent to them I asked if they could please inform me when they really fix it so that I may be able to play the game that I love once again. I truly hope that day comes when I get that message.  

ashenwind

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:19 pm

The short gap when the elves transform into their celestial form does sometimes cause the game to stop working ( either crashing or freezing. mostly freezing ). I used to have similar problem too, especially if I was in auto-battle. Nowadays I rarely encountered this problem anymore though. But sometimes it did still popped out on random occasions.

And that's my pve team which mostly consists of only one elf (Rhea). And sometimes when I still used Altima for my arena team. Like zvalmiek (gosh your full name is fairly hard to spell, sorry xp) said, it mostly happened when my connection to the server is unstable.

I imagine for a team fully decked in elf heroes like yours, the problem might be more common than what I have experienced.

As for long turn count, I also have this problem while playing on my phone. It's mostly because there is too much effect stacking on the memory, making the game first slowed down, then crashed. With or without elf hero(es). Casting buff that places unique animation effects on the party multiple times tend to do this.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 am

Like zvalmiek (gosh your full name is fairly hard to spell, sorry xp) said, it mostly happened when my connection to the server is unstable.
Just Zval is good x)

Seems like no improvement has been really made about this... And honestly, I don't think they will do it. They're already working on the new arena + awakenings + events + idkotherstuufs.
It would be like looking back instead of looking for the future ?
They haven't understood (yet ?) that a good game is a game without bug/crash. (And w/o Cassandras =P)

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 am

On the point about the lack of phone memory causing the game to slow down and crash. I thought that might be the cause of it as well so I turned down the graphics all the way down and played it like that for a while and unfortunately it had not effect on the game freezing. And when I say freezing I mean it it gets stuck in a loop and by crashing I mean when it closing the app all together. And I did notice that it never did slow down with the graphics turned down. It did however still freeze. I still cannot rule out an unstable network connection but it does it at home on my private network as well as when I'm using my phone's network as well and any other hotspot I could find. And I would hope that between the three possibilities at least one is stable. There is another possible cause and that is I have only played it on Samsung devices. That might be a contributing factor. But I think the cause is simply the number of times I use their transformations . If I had only one elf I don't think it would be a problem of this caliber. And in fact right before I stopped playing I switched Tess for Red Ridding Hood for her trigger aura but it didn't seem to help. Although honestly I didn't use her celestial form a whole lot anyway.  So I guess the only real solution is to simply not use so many elves, but like I said after spending all those resources on them having to start from scratch is not appealing. But with the keen insight that the developers have no intention of looking backwards then no matter how unappetizing it may be starting over is the only answer.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:36 pm

Well, seeing how the game goes, that's not a bad idea to stop...