badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

The difference between Gladiator Rhea and Dragoon Rhea's refresh

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 pm

I've noticed that there seems to be a significant difference between the two Rhea's refresh effects in arena combat. With the Gladiator version if her turn is refreshed she has to wait until after your opponent moves and then she can move again. Where the Dragoon Rhea gets to attack you again, and again, and again as long as she continues to refresh herself. I know that the Gladiator's version is triggered by another hero while the Dragoon version triggers herself. However when the Gladiator is trigged she is no longer greyed out and it looks like you can move her but then it jumps to the opponent instead. Is this how the refresh's are supposed to work? And how do other hero's refresh abilities work in PvP?

whodahackii

Re: The difference between Gladiator Rhea and Dragoon Rhea's refresh

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:17 pm

In PvP, player are limited to STRICTLY ONE ACTION, Defend/Attack/Skill/Move.
So for team that do not rely on Rangers, Turn Base Poison/Burning Tile/and even guardian flaxing in Middle tile will work effectively.

As the damage (which I personall replied to you before regarding Snow White's Skill) will take effect IN BETWEEN 2 players' turn.
Same applies to Center/Middle Tile point gain, both side gain points.

Xinhuan

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:49 pm

Their refresh works identically. What you don't understand is how the turn system works in Arena. When Rhea Dragoon refreshed in your example scenario, she was the last unit to move in the "Round of turns" and so she could move again right away. Copy pasting from my FAQ...

How does the turn structure work in the arena?
Turns in the arena are grouped into “Rounds”. Within a “Round”, players take alternating turns to move units that have not yet moved that round. If a player runs out of units to move that Round while the opponent still has units to move, the player with less units to move will get their turns skipped until the enemy has run out of units to move. After that, a new “Round of turns” starts.

For example, at the start of a “Round of turns”, Player 1 has units A, B, C, D and E. Player 2 only has 3 units left alive X, Y and Z. The Round could go like this, A moves, X moves, then B, then Y, then C, then Z, then D. Since Player 2 has no units left to move, his turn is skipped and Player 1 can move E. Since all units have moved, Player 2 then starts the next “Round” of turns. This means that Player 1 will effectively have taken two turns in a row..

Even though Player 2 had a turn skipped, all of Player 2’s units will still have their cooldowns drop by 1 during the “skipped turn”. Refreshing a unit (via Assassin’s aura or Rhea Gladiator’s aura) will make the game treat that unit as having not yet moved that round. Summoning a pet will add that pet to the list of units yet to be moved, essentially giving that player an extra turn that “Round of turns”.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:30 am

I believe I do understand how the turn system works in PvP however I thought that Rhea'a Dragoon refresh was different due to a recent incident in PvP where my opponent's Dragoon Rhea attacked my Gladiator Rhea three times in a row. We each had 3 hero's left so there was no initiative advantage at work and the dragoon Rhea was in the middle of the middle of the board next to my Gladiator. No one appeared to be stunned or frozen on my side either. Now I am aware that certain hero's aura's can be triggered across the board but could she have been triggered 3 times from across the board before any of my three hero's could act? On a side note I know that aura's can trigger attacks but can they trigger the use of a skill as well?

Xinhuan

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 am

Those 3 consecutive attacks from the enemy Rhea Dragoon all belong to the previous Round of Turns.The Dragoon used her turn, refreshed herself on attack, that's all. Since she was the only unit left with unused actions while you had none left, she was able to attack a few times in a row provided she refreshed herself on attack. She has a 75% chance to refresh herself on-attack (did you check her aura in Celestial Form? It's different from the one not in celestial form), so 3 in a row is very normal and happens everyday in the arena.

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 am

I do believe now that was the case as unlike Gladiator Rhea she does not need another hero to trigger her refresh. However twice now in arena combat my Rhea has been refreshed but not allowed to act until my whole team can act. I suspect because the last hero to act triggered her. If I understand the arena combat correctly the moment when you whole team can act is the start of a new round of turns. So then shouldn't my Rhea have been able to act before the start of the new round if when she's refreshed it's treated like she hasn't moved yet? Would it matter if the last person to move in the round triggered her? Or did the computer finish the round with the last person the instant that action is complete and not count Rhea as being Refreshed? If that's the case then they would be a difference the Gladiator and Dragoon refresh skills and a big one at that. The Gladiators refresh would always be wasted if the last hero to move in the round is the one who triggers it.

Xinhuan

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 am

Well, I don't really have a good answer for you, so maybe a developer might come along to clarify. Do try sending a private message to Valiant Force page on Facebook, they reply within a day, usually a few hours, even for game mechanics questions.

I've not really used Rhea Gladiator in the arena before, so I cannot say if I've seen the bug you are describing before.

Zvalmiekloranesh

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:12 am

I've used both, it works the same way, it's just that Rhea DRG can refresh herself.

- When I'm attacking with Rhea DRG after her skill, she refreshes her turn, the turn does end, then another turn is played. In all cases, it's the opponents turn :
1) If the enemies have any action point left, the opponent turn automatically ends and then Rhea can attack again. It makes it look like you get an instant bonus turn.
2) If an opponent has action point left, he plays, then Rhea can act again.

- For Rhea GLD, it's the same mechanic, but you need someone else to trigger her refresh. Let's say you have Kane as the last character who hasn't played yet, and all of your opponents have played, so no action point. Kane attacks and triggers Rhea GLD, who gets another turn in this round. In all cases, it's the opponents turn :
1) It's the opponent's turn, he doesn't have action point left, his turn automatically ends, Rhea can act.
2) If an opponent has action point left, he plays, then Rhea can act again.

This is according to my own experience, but it seems to me Xinhuan made it clear before me.
What I cannot understand is : your Rhea GLD has been triggered at the end of the last turn of the round, and was not able to play immediatly after ?

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:55 am

What has happened is that at the end of the round she gets refreshed but isn't able to act until everybody can act which I believe signals the start of a new round. If I understand the game mechanics correctly her refresh was skipped. For what should have happened is that Rhea gets refreshed and if the opponent has any action points left they act and then Rhea would act ending the round and then everybody could act including Rhea (assuming no one was stunned, asleep or frozen) at the start of the new round. I believe that's how it should work is this correct?

Zvalmiekloranesh

Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:38 am

That's weird indeed. Yes, it should be like that. Were you sure Rhea was really triggered ? Who was the unit aside Rhea which made her trigger her aura ?