finally got approved to use the message board and i've got so many questions, i can't even remember them all at this point, so i will be adding more as they come back to me.
1. this message board doesn't seem very active, is there another one that people use? is it mostly on discord?
2.when limit breaking a hero, does the fodder have to be the same job as well? if i want to LB my gladiator freya, does the fodder have to be a gladiator as well? or will a dragoon work?
3. vanity skins (often sold for $4.99) do they add stats or are they literally just graphic enhancements?
4. golden skulls, are they just meant to be sold or do they have some other purpose?
5. ethereal weapons, are they skins? are they real statable weapons?
6. on some character bios i've seen online they have a thing that says "on spawn..." are these static bonuses created when you first get the hero, each time you start a fight, when you use their skill?
7. any word on the new hero dindrane? any good? which class is better?
thanks for indulging me. i'll have more questions again soon
1. There is definitely more activity on Discord. One of the reasons why there isn't much on the forums is that I've heard some people don't even get their forum account approved after several months.
2. Yes must be same job same hero. Dragoon will not work to limit break a Gladiator, The sacrificial hero can be just 5* +0 level 1, there is no further benefit to upgrade the sacrificial hero.
3. Vanity skins do add stats. But they are generally only worth 1% or less of the total stats of a fully geared hero. For example, 20k attack Lanzerk is pretty common these days at high levels of gear, the skin might only give 200 attack, which is just 1% of that 20k.
4. Golden skulls can be sold for gold, no other purpose. Since these are item drops, they naturally aren't affected by "gold drop bonuses".
5. Ethereal items are materials used to limit break an equipment of the same item type and same (or lower) rarity. Limit breaking an item increases its max upgrade by +5. This can be done 3 times from +15 to +30. If you promote that item to the next rarity (say 5* to 6*), then limit breaks are lost and wasted.
6. On spawn bonuses apply at wave 1 of the first turn. And only that very first wave 1, not the subsequent waves. It also applies at the time an ally hero that comes in to replace a dead hero.
7. Dindrane one path is for PvP, the other is for PvE. It isn't currently clear whether she will remain strong in the meta as the current meta is undergoing violent changes as Maya is a meta-changer Dark Lord unit, and the meta will change heavily in the next 2 weeks especially after the event ladder is over where more Maya shards would be given out as rewards.