ruse
Topic Author

questions questions questions

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:27 am

finally got approved to use the message board and i've got so many questions, i can't even remember them all at this point, so i will be adding more as they come back to me.
1. this message board doesn't seem very active, is there another one that people use? is it mostly on discord?
2.when limit breaking a hero, does the fodder have to be the same job as well? if i want to LB my gladiator freya, does the fodder have to be a gladiator as well? or will a dragoon work?
3. vanity skins (often sold for $4.99) do they add stats or are they literally just graphic enhancements?
4. golden skulls, are they just meant to be sold or do they have some other purpose?
5. ethereal weapons, are they skins? are they real statable weapons?
6. on some character bios i've seen online they have a thing that says "on spawn..." are these static bonuses created when you first get the hero, each time you start a fight, when you use their skill?
7. any word on the new hero dindrane? any good? which class is better?

thanks for indulging me. i'll have more questions again soon

badblackbishop
Official Member
Official Member

Re: questions questions questions

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi ruse and welcome to the forum. I can at least answer most of the questions that you have. First I have no idea if this is the only message board that people use. I myself used to be on this site on a regular basis but stopped when after asking a few simple questions I managed to upset and/or offend a large number of people, or so I was told. Anyway with regards to limit breaking a hero it is my understanding that with a five star hero it has to be the exact same hero that has the same job with both of them having 5 stars. This breaks the level 30 limit allowing a five star hero to reach maximum level 40. Each time you limit break your five star hero they can gain two more levels until they max out at level 40. So in your example you would need to have a 5 star gladiator Freya +2 at level 30 and at the very least another 5 star gladiator Freya, she doesn't have to be a +2 or even have the same level as the first one. You can limit break lesser hero's but I've never had the need to do that so I can't tell you if it works the same. Vanity skins do in fact add stats to the hero that wear them that typically is a fixed bonus the only exception that I know of is Aden's rock star costume that adds percentages of his base stats. With the golden skulls I thought for sure something that looks that cool must have a higher function then simply selling it for gold. Unfortunately I believe that;s all they are good for, however if you find out that they can be used for something else please let me know about it. My understanding of ethereal weapons is that they give you the ability to limit break your weapons kind of like you limit break your hero's. However I have yet to use them to limit break any of my gear so I cannot tell you exactly how it's done. The "on spawn" means at the very start of combat those bonuses or effects go into effect. Some of them have percentages on how likely they are to occur. And finally I have yet to obtain Dindrane so I can't tell you if she is any good. I have I have at least shed some light on your questions if not answered them.  

HouseofOrdos
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm

1. this message board doesn't seem very active, is there another one that people use? is it mostly on discord?
-Hmmm... yes this site is kinda a ghost town. i occasionally come here to read patch notes or see if anything interesting was posted. Serious Guilds have their own dedicated chats either in-game chat or they have an chat app like messager. 

2.when limit breaking a hero, does the fodder have to be the same job as well? if i want to LB my gladiator freya, does the fodder have to be a gladiator as well? or will a dragoon work?
-Yes, the hero has to be of same Job to able to limit break a that same hero. To gladiator freya can only be limit break if she reaches JOB +2. The fodder gladiator freya need not to be Job level + 2 to limit break your main gladiator freya. 
-we also have a unit called Fairy of Wisdom which can be use to limit break heroes but it's a premium item because there is no other way to get it other than spending money.

You need about 5 gladiator freya to limit break your main gladiator freya to the max level of 40. 

3. vanity skins (often sold for $4.99) do they add stats or are they literally just graphic enhancements?
-The cosmetic stuff gives bonus stats to your hero, you can view them in the Shop under Costume and Fashion.

4. golden skulls, are they just meant to be sold or do they have some other purpose?
-It's just sold for gold they serve no other purpose. 

Ethereal items are used to limit break item from +15 to +30. you need 3 Ethereal items to limit break your item +15 to +30. 
5* Ethereal items can limit break items 5* and below
6* Ethereal items can limit break items 6* and below
7* Ethereal items can limit break items 7* and below
Also Ethereal items have classes too...there is an Ethereal dagger, Ethereal sword, Ethereal bow etc.   This means you can only limit break Daggers with Ethereal dagger, Sword with Ethereal sword... you get the idea. 

6. on some character bios i've seen online they have a thing that says "on spawn..." are these static bonuses created when you first get the hero, each time you start a fight, when you use their skill?
The on spawn cast skill are permanent ability so every fight you will have they will have that ability. You can't manually use the skill because the skill auto triggers when a match or fight starts. 

- Her Gunslinger is designed for PVP because her skill can silence aura, deals 50% of heroe's ATK to enemy as damage( which is incredibly useless especially in PVE and PVP), and the reduce skill CD allows her to spam her skill thus silence aura more often. She has a good survivability "on spawns skill" - it stealths her making her untargetable for 2 turns. 
She is only useful against Trigger teams.

-Dindrane Sharpshooter is  mostly designed for PVE. In PVP Dindrane sharpshooter would be dead even before she can cast her skill because her "on spawn skill" just increase her critical damage by 30% for two turns while that may sound good it is really only good in PVE. 

As for their Aura i think it's balanced.

Which class is better I say Dindrane Sharpshooter if you are going for the PVE  but if you want to Climb the PVP ladder go for Dindrane Gunslinger if you don't have a counter to Trigger rangers that plague the arena. BTW the most common counter to Trigger ranger teams are Maya , Guan Yu paladin, Zhuge liang warlock and Zoey warlock

Xinhuan

Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 am

finally got approved to use the message board and i've got so many questions, i can't even remember them all at this point, so i will be adding more as they come back to me.

thanks for indulging me. i'll have more questions again soon
1. There is definitely more activity on Discord. One of the reasons why there isn't much on the forums is that I've heard some people don't even get their forum account approved after several months.
2. Yes must be same job same hero. Dragoon will not work to limit break a Gladiator, The sacrificial hero can be just 5* +0 level 1, there is no further benefit to upgrade the sacrificial hero.
3. Vanity skins do add stats. But they are generally only worth 1% or less of the total stats of a fully geared hero. For example, 20k attack Lanzerk is pretty common these days at high levels of gear, the skin might only give 200 attack, which is just 1% of that 20k.
4. Golden skulls can be sold for gold, no other purpose. Since these are item drops, they naturally aren't affected by "gold drop bonuses".
5. Ethereal items are materials used to limit break an equipment of the same item type and same (or lower) rarity. Limit breaking an item increases its max upgrade by +5. This can be done 3 times from +15 to +30. If you promote that item to the next rarity (say 5* to 6*), then limit breaks are lost and wasted.
6. On spawn bonuses apply at wave 1 of the first turn. And only that very first wave 1, not the subsequent waves. It also applies at the time an ally hero that comes in to replace a dead hero.
7. Dindrane one path is for PvP, the other is for PvE. It isn't currently clear whether she will remain strong in the meta as the current meta is undergoing violent changes as Maya is a meta-changer Dark Lord unit, and the meta will change heavily in the next 2 weeks especially after the event ladder is over where more Maya shards would be given out as rewards.

Xinhuan

Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 am

I also have a "New Player Guide" you can read here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jM4 ... sp=sharing

ruse
Topic Author

Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 am

Awesome, thanks for all the answers!
Yeah, after a few weeks of not getting approved I finally private messaged the Facebook page. Those people are on point and got me set up quickly.
I suppose I should download discord. I guess I should also join a guild at some point, too.
I also have a new question: I currently have Arthur, Guinevere, and mordred. I have a spare guin and mordred so I will be limit breaking them both at least once. I also have a Camelot selector sitting in my inbox. Should I get an additional of one of those two to boost them up more? Get an Arthur to boost him up? Or go for a Lancelot or Merlin?
Thanks in advance.

Xinhuan

Fri May 04, 2018 11:43 am

Awesome, thanks for all the answers!
Yeah, after a few weeks of not getting approved I finally private messaged the Facebook page. Those people are on point and got me set up quickly.
I suppose I should download discord. I guess I should also join a guild at some point, too.
I also have a new question: I currently have Arthur, Guinevere, and mordred. I have a spare guin and mordred so I will be limit breaking them both at least once. I also have a Camelot selector sitting in my inbox. Should I get an additional of one of those two to boost them up more? Get an Arthur to boost him up? Or go for a Lancelot or Merlin?
Thanks in advance.
Don't limit break Guin or Mordred, they aren't really that good, save your resources instead, but don't sacrifice these extra copies either. They are nice to have but not must haves.

Definitely get a Lancelot Berserker from your Camelot ticket since you don't have one yet, that's a core unit usable in a lot of raids and PvE content. The millions of damage you can do in a single turn are all from this one unit when paired with trigger rangers and Valerie buffing Lancelot Berserker with high attack.

ruse
Topic Author

Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 am

Xinhuan, thanks for the guide, it has answered a number of questions for me.
i have a handful of new questions now. hopefully theres still enough people here to give me a little help.

1. i picked up an alice. any good? i checked arathos and her ranking keeps changing so i'm hoping some people that have her maxed out can give an idea on her value and which job is the best.
same goes for guan yu, actually. i picked up a lvl5 and a lvl 4 in the same pull.
2. is there any place that has stats for items listed? i know some stuff is on the wiki but its missing a lot of things. i've tried googling for them and it seems hard to find. currently, i was looking for the season insignias that are up for sale.
3. i have a number of items sitting in my inventory that i'm starting to think are outdated.
is there any use for:
-shattered crowns
-jenny's carnival coin
-lorgens carnival coin

thanks to anyone that can help!

Xinhuan

Tue May 22, 2018 11:49 am

1. Alice is actually quite good, but Rhea Gladiator and Lancelot Berserker are still better at the moment. Make a Guan Yu Paladin for PvP. You can use Alice for now.

2. There is an in game gallery for all heroes and equipment. It's in the same menu you use to access your heroes and items.

3. Keep the carnival coins, they will be reusable when those carnivals return. The shattered crown I don't remember which event they came from, but they can probably be sold as no event token has ever been recycled before, and now the game uses a unified bazaar token now for events as well.