Itrvis
Topic Author

Beserker Vs Warlord

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:27 pm

I'm about to promote my Vincent (Slayer) and i'm still contemplating which is better, Berserker or Warlord? I'm likely focusing towards more onto PVE and events rather than arena.

Berserker looks like a better choice for me, but i would like to get some feedback from everyone else before i make my decision!

kubizz

Re: Beserker Vs Warlord

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:24 pm

I dont see any point of using warlord right now.. except maybe to "get over here" balthor at legendary rune event.

Many people use warlord rather than berserker in the past because warlord is the only viable formation breaker at that time. Ninja is too weak back then, and no point using melee like chaos knight when everything got one shot by elementalist kiera. And formation breaker is a must back then to disrupt kiera inquisitor formation.

But now the situation is different.. pasif heal and kiera got nerf.. ninja and chaos knight is good. And berserker wont get 1 shot anymore his -20% hp skill not really matter anymore. And to be honest warlord dont have any 'meaning anymore when you can simple use ninja, chaos knight, and warlock to do the job. Not to mention his skill is hard to use.. you need to have empty slot in front. Better just ninja switch and get that middle line for free point.

The diff now only damage..
Warlord : 200% skill dmg
Berserk : 300% skill dmg + 2 turn 300% normal dmg when use to the maxed. ( And with splash attack ).
With the Cost of 2 turn -20% hp. Which you can ignore if have inquisitor Lucille or simply use heal potion in pve.

If u have 8000 ATK.
Warlord : 16.000 skill dmg
Berserker : 24.000 skill dmg + 2 turn x 24.000 normal dmg (normal atk) = 72.000 damage.

Choose?
I choose you.. Berserkchu..

But this is just my opinion.. better wait and listen for more opinion before decide it.

Razk

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:46 pm

For me if I only have one, I usually prefer to choose utility over pure damage. But its quite different in this case, when you have to pick between the best damage buffer in the game and a utility that is currently only useful for a few stages. However, one must consider that warlord aura can be really deadly when paired with other attack triggered combo clases like Gunslinger/Grandranger/Samurai.

After comparing the unique traits of both classes, the damage buff seems slightly better when its not as luck dependent. Both are solid choice though, neither will make you regret over the other.

Itrvis
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:16 pm

Thanks for the suggestions and the detailed breakdown of the advantages/disadvantages of both classes!

That being said, with a Blood Knight Victoria and my Teresa slowing being build up to Inquisitor after Vincent, i think Berserker might be the right choice for me and my team setup!

Would still love to hear the opinions of everyone else though! I still have 1 more day of key farming before i make my choice! 

uratex16

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:34 am

Up. Currently in the same dilemma XD

kubizz

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:28 am

just want to give information that what i write upstair is only my theory.. cause i dont have berserker.. i only have warlord 36.

but from my experience in arena i only use warlord for its normal attack and skill dmg. his pull skill is not really matter in arena. and in pve content his pull skill is usefull in legendary rune event and maybe in some map.

about his pasif aura it may be good if it trigger or you have specialized attack trigger team. but then again its only 35% chance. i am pretty much sure 75% chance of +25% atk from berserker is better in most situation.

and in legendary pve content the boss defense is so high.. berserker active skill is so good cause it not only give very high skill damage but also very high normal attack, so it usefull vs boss with high def or high mag. even the boss got 10k def. u still can hit it for 2 turn of 10k damage from normal attack. (its normal to have 20k atk after active skill)

The only problem of berserker only its -20% hp which in my theory can be neglected with some potion or inquisitor lucille skill. But this is only my theory, in actuality maybe it is hard to do, or this -20% hp is so destructive i dont know, need someone who is experienced using berserker to confirmed.

even if u dont use his skill,berserker still good with his pasif aura in arena. (+ about 2000 atk to ally and self for 75% chance.. its so good)

another thing is.. for berserker try the best to get ares faith for maxed benefit. while for warlord it is oke to have zeus.

so did i regret make my vincent warlord? no.. i loved my warlord simple because i liked it, like his pic, his image, and he is loyal to me from the second day of cbt, and i do have specialized trigger attack team. but well i kinda regret to limit break him.

so if u have lot of vincent u can simple build both warlord and berserker. but if u want to limit break it, better limit break berserker. warlord for utility is enough at lvl 30.

still i want to hear opinion from berserker user, cause i have a problem too, i have 2 more vincent and dont know whether to limit break my warlord to 40 or make new berserker (no ares no zeus faith sadly, but still have 2 maleos-jailer to reroll)

exi

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:45 am

but from my experience in arena i only use warlord for its normal attack and skill dmg. his pull skill is not really matter in arena. and in pve content his pull skill is usefull in legendary rune event and maybe in some map.
I'm just going to add that you can strategically place your warlord in the back with an open space in front and pull a back liner from the enemy to kill them (or disrupt their aura). However, since the goal of the fight isn't to kill the enemy, it's pretty useless if you don't kill fast enough.

kubizz

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:07 am

I'm just going to add that you can strategically place your warlord in the back with an open space in front and pull a back liner from the enemy to kill them (or disrupt their aura). However, since the goal of the fight isn't to kill the enemy, it's pretty useless if you don't kill fast enough.

Yes.. thats what i did before the patch.. position warlord at the back.. pull to disrupt formation (especially kiera teresa inquisitor formation), and still did that till one week After the patch. After Lot of trial and error, and maybe cause i now have ninja and chaos knight i choose to not position my warlord at the back anymore.

Razk

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:35 pm

I actually stop limit breaking Warlord Vincent and plan to build and max limit break Vincent Berserker instead, but I have too many unit on waiting list and slowly working my way there. Just like you said bro, I see warlord as level 30 pretty much strong enough. I never regret making him into my second 5* unit, he makes my daily farming easier.
As far as pvp goes, I dont plan to use either class, I prefer the other Vincent's path with cc because I dont have any cc ranger. It also all depends on your team composition.

alvinherexD

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Warlord more PVE(pulling bosses) orientated and Berserker more PVP(insane melee dmg if crit can take out shadow and champion classes) oriented. 

talking about pass stage 20 legendary stages though.