Cremathick
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Balthor

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Alright, I need to discuss something about our big bad 24-3 boss, Balthor.
Maybe many people have realized this. Balthor has 0 MAG and CRIT.
Normal, Heroic, and Legendary. Just the same.
He is totally weak to magic damage, therefore, skill nukes will hurt him A LOT.
All you need is just to stun him, preventing him from attacking your squad or casting his skills. Stun-lock team works really well. Those stuns will deal very high damage, considering those skills are magic damages (Max them 30/30 for more spices!( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)). Normal attacks will just deal tiny bit damage to him though.
Basically, there's nothing to fear with him if you can stun him without resisting. Pretty much like the other bosses.

What grind my gear is that, he is A LOT easier than previous bosses that have high points in MAG. (I'm having more trouble fighting Dark Baron in 23-3.).
Balthor is supposed to be the demon lord. I couldn't think of anything other than bullying when I fought him.

Anyway, I take it that Balthor is what he is supposed to be, since he got one hitted by Kiera's skill during tutorial.
I don't know if devs are going to tweak him or not, since there might be other PvE maps after 24-3.

What do you guys think? Should Balthor be left as he is now, or should our feared demon lord get some buffs to make him more challenging and stressing (Not to the cancerous point though)?

(Also good luck to those that are trying to clear Legendary 24-3, for free 5* tix :D)

Celty

Re: Balthor

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:18 pm

i think he's fine as he is and this actually makes him(?) quite special. his low mag is a tradeoff for his really high atk and defense. he also appears in capitol and is really strong (strongest atm i think) and not everyone can clear it unless you are well geared. (recently nerfed tho i think)

if he resist your cc then you'll have a hard time too.

Cremathick
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:37 pm

i think he's fine as he is and this actually makes him(?) quite special. his low mag is a tradeoff for his really high atk and defense. he also appears in capitol and is really strong (strongest atm i think)  and not everyone can clear it unless you are well geared. (recently nerfed  tho i think)

if he resist your cc then you'll have a hard time too.
Yep, same with other bosses, continuously resisting cc, and you're done for.
There is also this Capitol, with some strategies to clear it (Like what @LeonZai posted).
Overtime, as hero pool increases, buffs, and nerfs, there will be more viable strategies to add.
Definitely will open more opportunities for players that will try to challenge it :)
It is still a daily event though, there will be more contents overtime, and Balthor might be left out :D

Edit : I think they might want to differentiate the boss between 24-3 and Capitol. Maybe make a new boss? So that It could feel more unique. :/

Razk

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Balthor used to be harder, but for some unknown reason he is nerfed to what he is today. As far as i know, there are three versions of him, I have been keeping screenshot of his stats while doing my guide.

Cremathick
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Balthor used to be harder, but for some unknown reason he is nerfed to what he is today. As far as i know, there are three versions of him, I have been keeping screenshot of his stats while doing my guide.
It's a good thing that he is nerfed (Since getting the 5* ticket will be easier for people that has the right setup and viable strategies).
Well, role-friendly wise, he is a demon lord, and the current last boss.
His underling (Dark Baron) is a lot more tougher than him. Which is kinda funny.
For now, most of people can finish the quest. A really big chance. Don't know how it will be in the upcoming updates. :D