Avy
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Hera Kai Ninja vs Assassin

Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:14 am

So, I've been thinking about my Hera Kai and whether to make him an Assassin or a Ninja. As my first Hera Kai, I feel it'll be a waste to go the Kensei path seeing as Magebane/Samurai does not need high crit, and in fact, their stats are inherently lower in crit. This leaves me with either Ninja/Assassin. Others say it's a waste to go Ninja with a Hera Kai since you can also use an Ares one, as "increased crit chance" isn't as reliable as damage itself to activate Ninja's aura. On the other hand, Hera is a perfect fit for Assassin's aura. Thoughts?

Looking at the aura, first thing I'm wondering, as Shadow 5* hits 4 times, for an Assassin, does it calculate each 4 crits as a "chance"? If this is the case, with a 65% crit rate, when you do crit, you are almost assured of activating the aura if there are 4 attacks. If only one crit is counted however, chances get drastically lowered to about 1/4 of the time. If I slap in a refresh rune, can Kai hit again after attacking? For later maps/PvP where opponents don't easily collapse at the first blow, refresh on crit seems to be better. For Ninja though, it's much more reliable and less reliant on RNG, plus it can refresh itself when attacking (does refresh rune help here also?). 

If it was you, what will you make your Hera Kai and why? For the ones who've used their own, please share your opinions. Thanks!

Celty

Re: Hera Kai Ninja vs Assassin

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:48 am

Indeed it is a waste to go Ninja Kai if you have a Hera Kai; I'd prefer to have an Ares Ninja Kai.

To answer your questions:
Looking at the aura, first thing I'm wondering, as Shadow 5* hits 4 times, for an Assassin, does it calculate each 4 crits as a "chance"? If this is the case, with a 65% crit rate, when you do crit, you are almost assured of activating the aura if there are 4 attacks. If only one crit is counted however, chances get drastically lowered to about 1/4 of the time.
Sad thing is, it is indeed only counted once - and the maximum CRIT % I've seen is 80%, so you can have 80%*40% chance to refresh others in your aura (doesn't include self).
Whereas Ninja Kai's aura affects everyone in his aura (includes self) and can trigger more than once for each enemy killed.
If I slap in a refresh rune, can Kai hit again after attacking? For later maps/PvP where opponents don't easily collapse at the first blow, refresh on crit seems to be better. For Ninja though, it's much more reliable and less reliant on RNG, plus it can refresh itself when attacking (does refresh rune help here also?). 
Refresh rune is as it says: refreshes when moving - literally only when moving as in when your unit moves from one tile to another. So to answers your question, no.
Sure, Ninja's aura is pretty bad later on in the PVE maps but he's golden in Gold Mines and was really good in that Halloween Event (Horde Mode). Who is to say such an event mode won't appear again?

I am also using Refresh rune with Ninja though in Gold Mines as you move often with your Ninja and it is honestly great. Btw, a tip - if you use another unit to "move" the unit that you have Refresh rune on, you have a chance to refresh that unit's turn; may be useful in some circumstances! - not sure if intended mechanic)

I am a firm believer of Ares Ninja Kai but honestly I have no idea what to do if I have a Hera Kai; sorry I hope others will point you in the right direction.
All I know is people I know aren't impressed with Kai Assassin at all; although some (with really good equips and runes) I know are running Hera Shizu Assassins and they love it.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:23 am

I'm also confused with what path I will take with my Hera Kai. He is currently sitting at Rogue+2 and waiting for promotion. I'm leaning towards assassin for his crit-based skill but I also would like to have a farming machine and who knows what kind of event the future holds for a crit ninja. I also read various negative feedback with crit assassin but im a type of player who enjoys persistent poisons and persistent heals per turn-based strategy.

Genesis
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:18 pm

Indeed it is a waste to go Ninja Kai if you have a Hera Kai; I'd prefer to have an Ares Ninja Kai.

To answer your questions:
Looking at the aura, first thing I'm wondering, as Shadow 5* hits 4 times, for an Assassin, does it calculate each 4 crits as a "chance"? If this is the case, with a 65% crit rate, when you do crit, you are almost assured of activating the aura if there are 4 attacks. If only one crit is counted however, chances get drastically lowered to about 1/4 of the time.
Sad thing is, it is indeed only counted once - and the maximum CRIT % I've seen is 80%, so you can have 80%*40% chance to refresh others in your aura (doesn't include self).
Whereas Ninja Kai's aura affects everyone in his aura (includes self) and can trigger more than once for each enemy killed.
If I slap in a refresh rune, can Kai hit again after attacking? For later maps/PvP where opponents don't easily collapse at the first blow, refresh on crit seems to be better. For Ninja though, it's much more reliable and less reliant on RNG, plus it can refresh itself when attacking (does refresh rune help here also?). 
Refresh rune is as it says: refreshes when moving - literally only when moving as in when your unit moves from one tile to another. So to answers your question, no.
Sure, Ninja's aura is pretty bad later on in the PVE maps but he's golden in Gold Mines and was really good in that Halloween Event (Horde Mode). Who is to say such an event mode won't appear again?

I am also using Refresh rune with Ninja though in Gold Mines as you move often with your Ninja and it is honestly great. Btw, a tip - if you use another unit to "move" the unit that you have Refresh rune on, you have a chance to refresh that unit's turn; may be useful in some circumstances! - not sure if intended mechanic)

I am a firm believer of Ares Ninja Kai but honestly I have no idea what to do if I have a Hera Kai; sorry I hope others will point you in the right direction.
All I know is people I know aren't impressed with Kai Assassin at all; although some (with really good equips and runes) I know are running Hera Shizu Assassins and they love it.
If i have hera kai , i go for assassin . Cuz assassin kai need more crit for great skill damage.

kyon

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:06 pm

I made my Hera kai into Assassin. His active ticks for almost 9k. My Ares Kai is going Ninja.

Avy
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:21 pm

I just did some maths and the damage difference for Ninja Ares vs Ninja Hera is too big. There's a 1k damage difference per hit even with crit taken into account. I guess I'll go for Assassin.

Razk

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Assassin looks like a better class than Ninja for future raid boss. (conquest?)