Sacrifice
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Blessings of the Sun OP?

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Anyone else thinks Blessings of the Sun (heals, AND shields entire team for three turns, making all damage to 1) is... outright OP?
That's three turns of not being able to do anything.

I mean... if it's cast only on one member, it's fine. But... the entire team? =/

tackey
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Re: Blessings of the Sun OP?

Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:52 pm

correction, shield last for 2t.
Yes they're quite strong, but it requires 7t to cast. So i think it's still alright.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

I think it's fine. It has many counters in PVP. I usually silence/stun or kill (if I can easily) Lucille Inquisitor before her 7th turn. If she's able to cast it, then I play the Tile-Control game instead of the kill all strategy. The best one to use are spirit walkers, chaos knights, ninjas, rune magus. Other strategy is to kill all the opponent's DPS Classes first before her shields activate so her remaining characters will be tanks/healers which are easier to defend when they attack.

In PVE, blessings of the sun is OP! Turns in PVE are longer making it very life saving skill, specially in later legendary trials. :)

kyon

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:00 am

As stated already, it takes 7 turns to charge. PvP wise, you can easily prevent her from casting it. PvE wise, I think it's fine given that her aura doesn't heal so you get no healing for the first 6 turns unless you have another healer.

Sacrifice
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:51 am

correction, shield last for 2t.
Yes they're quite strong, but it requires 7t to cast. So i think it's still alright.
Ah, two turns. Thanks for the correction.
I think it's fine. It has many counters in PVP. I usually silence/stun or kill (if I can easily) Lucille Inquisitor before her 7th turn. If she's able to cast it, then I play the Tile-Control game instead of the kill all strategy. The best one to use are spirit walkers, chaos knights, ninjas, rune magus. Other strategy is to kill all the opponent's DPS Classes first before her shields activate so her remaining characters will be tanks/healers which are easier to defend when they attack.

In PVE, blessings of the sun is OP! Turns in PVE are longer making it very life saving skill, specially in later legendary trials. :)
Yeah, I'm referring to PvP. Usually I try to kill as much of the offensive heroes first, so maybe I've been neglecting her. But she becomes a real problem when my Shizu fails to crit and kills the enemies before Lucille casts her BotS. Hmm maybe I'm lacking CC.

Thanks everyone for enlightening me.

reason
Official Member
Official Member

Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:13 am

Or you could have the true counter - have a Lucille yourself!
My Lucille does wonders right now in arena, in diamond rank. 
I tend to use it to negate a lot of possible deaths, allowing my Vincent berserker to use his skill twice in a match.
(If he doesn't die to 3 archer team)

Usually when i see a Lucille using the skill, i end up stalling for two turns too with my Lucille.
But hey, two turns would allow me to get back my skills.

Jenoss

Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm

I think it's truly op too.

No matter she need 7 turns to make it able to cast it, even if you cc her, or stun her she will do it, because it's really hard to put down a valiant healer (my Cybella 40 limit break with 8k damage can't even take off half of their life.)

mojojo
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:52 pm

pre release - pls buff lucille
after official release - pls nerf lucille

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:26 pm

In PvP, there are alot of counters for her. And dps Rangers with silence or stun can kill her easily. And she is a soft target also.
But to protect her, you need a proper tanker to share the damage ot shield her. When then, the enemy already left with 3 slot to fill in for cc or dps. While in your team, you can have 4 dps and 1 tanker.
It's just how the game is played. Mind warder is also op in PvP also.. the delay in 2 turns and damage is problem when it's all about who dash out their damage skills faster.