Sonny6166
Topic Author

Faye too Op compare to Victoria??

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:27 pm

Does anyone also think that Faye is too op compare to victoria(paladin and holy defender).

Just to compare the two 5 star tanker but not darrion cause he's a valiant which has a better stat than normal 5 star hero

The stats of Faye is higher and the aura is also better.

FAYE(holy defender+2 kratos faith)--stats
4507 def, 8861 hp, 1599 mag
aura-- heal 15% of hero hp when others in aura gets hit.
skills--energy shield party for 2 turn and remove buff with a CD5(which is really op)

VICTORIA(holy defender +2 kratos faith)-- stats
4249 def, 8353 hp,  1507 mag
aura-- increase def by 25% of hero def for 3 turn(active)
skills-- shield herself...with a CD5(really ur tanky af, i dun need you to shield urself anymore...shield others dear, others!!)

No doubt that faye(holy defender) active skill is better than victoria's, but i cant understand is the stats of faye is also better the victoria(wud??)
It make no sense.....

Now lets take a look at Paladin faye and victoria.

Faye(paladin --kratos faith+2)
- 4507 def, 8862 hp and 1329 mag
aura-- heal 5% and absorb 30% damage
skill-- shield party with extra hp, increase MAG by 5% of hero hp, and return 40% dmg...with CD5(wow 3 useful buff at arena... just WOW and also with a low CD)

Victoria(paladin -- kratos faith +2)
- 4249 def, 8353 hp and 1253 mag
aura-- absorb 30% dmg(no healing huh....)
skill-- shield herself and return 90% of dmg(90% percent is really high but..... it doesn't work in PVP, player just wont get taunt=-=)

I am just saying faye needs a nerf... that active skill is way too op that victoria and darrion(at least darrion have a better stat)...

sweetamy
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Faye too Op compare to Victoria??

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:50 pm

simply just use Victoria for Blood Knight / Chaos Knight

Victoria-Paladin is good in PVE though....there are many heroes that only useful in one way(PVP or PVE)
*ex. Cybella-RoyalHuntman

only one underpowered class is Victoria-Holy Defender compared to Darrion.(if you read her Aura and still choose this way, then suffer for poor decision.)

...still, Faye-Holy Defender is great for only one heroes that can removes buff. but it's not OP. it's just her specialize like Lucille-Witch Doctor with squad charms.

and Faye-Paladin is a bit better for her buffs. but you know it's not Taunt? there more situation that Victoria-Paladin is good more than faye on PVE.

so...i'm pretty sure Faye is good but not OP.

whodahackii

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 pm

There is no problem in the difference between them, but rather how you use them are wrong.
Before we even begin to discuss how OP is one to another, let's get your head straight.

1) All hero are designed based on their overall role, not only the normal 6 class, but rather ROLES, what they do best in their own CLASS.
2) Even for the same role and class hero, there is a difference in the skill/ aura between them.

There are even more into Character and Team building, but I will keep it simple for you, as stated above.
-----------------------break--------------------------

In your discussion above, I also feel that Faye are slightly stronger in term of skill/ aura utility.
BUT, there is a big BUT, have you proceed far enough to tackle the LEGENDARY story quest or harder Event quest (not this Coliseum event, Faye has 50% boost in this)
If you truly reach the legendary story quest (optimally after 18-3) you will see, without taunt a guardian is basically not a tanker, cause he/she is not taking damage for the team.

Sure, you can say Higher HP stat in Faye (no matter HD or PLD) will do good enough to absorb the damage, but have you wonder how fragile are your backlaners? They can only take merely one more hit when the Shield is up, but what can you when there is more than one RANGER/MYSTIC monster? It really can't do good enough to put the shield up for 2 turns.
**my personal experience is that when my 12k HP PLD Faye use her skill, the 2 turns worth of 4,800 HP shield, the shield will literally be wasted in one 1 or mutliple aoe hit. (the reflect remains for 2 turns even the shield is torn down.**

TL:DR./1/ Faye HD is good in PVE and can work as party cleanser, or enemy debuffer (chance to remove 1 buff from enemies affected in cross-square)
TL:DR./2/ Faye PLD is good in PVP for the reflective shield, especially vs AOE Mystics and Shadows.
TL:DR./3/ Victoria HD is good in PVE/event because of the taunt and has party cleanse skill.
TL:DR./4/ Victorica PLD is good for one-hell-of lighting rod, absorb all enemy heat and reflect 90% of them!

All in all, thank you for reading all this, it is just my personal impression, hopefully you can try to think about it. kudos!

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:19 pm

There is no problem in the difference between them, but rather how you use them are wrong.
Before we even begin to discuss how OP is one to another, let's get your head straight.

1) All hero are designed based on their overall role, not only the normal 6 class, but rather ROLES, what they do best in their own CLASS.
2) Even for the same role and class hero, there is a difference in the skill/ aura between them.

There are even more into Character and Team building, but I will keep it simple for you, as stated above.
-----------------------break--------------------------

In your discussion above, I also feel that Faye are slightly stronger in term of skill/ aura utility.
BUT, there is a big BUT, have you proceed far enough to tackle the LEGENDARY story quest or harder Event quest (not this Coliseum event, Faye has 50% boost in this)
If you truly reach the legendary story quest (optimally after 18-3) you will see, without taunt a guardian is basically not a tanker, cause he/she is not taking damage for the team.

Sure, you can say Higher HP stat in Faye (no matter HD or PLD) will do good enough to absorb the damage, but have you wonder how fragile are your backlaners? They can only take merely one more hit when the Shield is up, but what can you when there is more than one RANGER/MYSTIC monster? It really can't do good enough to put the shield up for 2 turns.
**my personal experience is that when my 12k HP PLD Faye use her skill, the 2 turns worth of 4,800 HP shield, the shield will literally be wasted in one 1 or mutliple aoe hit. (the reflect remains for 2 turns even the shield is torn down.**

TL:DR./1/ Faye HD is good in PVE and can work as party cleanser, or enemy debuffer (chance to remove 1 buff from enemies affected in cross-square)
TL:DR./2/ Faye PLD is good in PVP for the reflective shield, especially vs AOE Mystics and Shadows.
TL:DR./3/ Victoria HD is good in PVE/event because of the taunt and has party cleanse skill.
TL:DR./4/ Victorica PLD is good for one-hell-of lighting rod, absorb all enemy heat and reflect 90% of them!

All in all, thank you for reading all this, it is just my personal impression, hopefully you can try to think about it. kudos!
I agree that victoria as a paladin is very good. Even in PvP I use, my ranger can survive for 2 more hit even when he is down to half hp because victoria aura absorb the damage.
And if you have a aura healer like luthor, then basically, 2 of them will be kept alive for very long in PvE.
I never use faye and her skill can be very irritating, but the shield won't stop your hero's from dying without the taunt.
Taunt is very useful in all kind of strategy gaming where you force a key monster to hit your tank while your damage survive.
(I almost change my victoria to HD, but advise from Crazyfight to go for paladin and I haven't regret yet)

Jenoss

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Comparing completly different active skills is like comparing tomatoes with potatoes.

They have both their utilities in a different way.
Otherwise everyone should even complain about healer that have active skills of healing only 1 target with healers that heal all group and so on..

Sonny6166
Topic Author

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:23 pm

hmmm, thanks guys. i'll look into the it and choose wisely which path to promote to...
but i still think that faye active skills can also get you through legendary map instead of victoria....

anyway~ much thanks~