ghostautonomy
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Pillar of exile lvl 30

Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:53 pm

I cleared it with Gladiator Vincent, Samurai Miu, Grand Ranger Cybella, Inquisitor Luthor and Mind Warder Zedd.

The biggest problem is Luthor(boss) who has such a ridiculous status that can one shot your entire backline. Basically, I cycle between stun, blind and sleep. If he manage to resist status aliment, use DEF item and use defend on backline (even that they almost die).
Don't worry about his skill, it only heal 2700 per turn so you can easily outdamaged his heal.

I have to say that it barely worth a reward and 2nd trial is not let anyone die which is next to impossible.
I would have to agree with this.
I am currently at -40% on Floor 30 of Tower of Exile.
I cleared it at -32%, and since then I've tried all sorts of combinations to clear the 2nd Trial of "Lose no units"
Technically, my Miu can clear it solo and not die, but because of the stunlocks of the other units, There is zero chance to execute this. The second trial is hell. =/

ghostautonomy
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:12 pm

Update:

Just finished Trial 2 of Floor 30. Team was:
  • Paladin Faye
  • ArchBishop Lucille
  • Dragoon Freya
  • Samurai Miu
  • Grand Ranger Kane
systematically rotating CC's of Samurai Blind, Dragoon Stuns, and Grand Ranger Stun helped control the main boss in 3/3 While Faye's barrier with thorns combined with Lucille's heal and barriers allowed my team to survive without casualties.

The last trial, in case you guys were curious, is to compete the tower in 13 turns.
I swapped to a more offensive team for this trial attempt:
  • Dragoon Freya
  • Samurai Miu
  • Grand Ranger Kane
  • Dragoon Vincent
  • Rune Magus Kiera
This is a MONSTEROUS trial, as I'm already reaching turn 7 as I approach 2/3, and I can complete all three stages by turn 28.
I selected a very strong (5k attack) Miu as my buddy, so that I'd have two 5k+ attack Mius (including my own) but I still failed to complete the trial under even 20 turns!!

What kind of team is required for this kind of trial?? D:

whodahackii

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 pm

try forcing the -40% difficulty
I did manage to bring it down to -38% now with first trial completed, but I think I need more fire power now, even with 2 5* Mius

The thing is, to manual cast skill, don't stack two blind skill (your samurai miu and ally's samurai miu). and make sure you can have either ONE stun aura or Magebane Miu Silence aura (her active skill does only damage to boss, no silence effect)

At the start of 3/3, spam all dps skill at the RIGHT side of team, and 1 Blind skill on boss (the T formation), while saving 2nd blind skill for next refresh.
Basically, if the Boss hit one of your heroes, he/she DIES, unless you have very high DEF/HP. but that is not needed if you run double 5* Miu + Ally 5* Miu.

**note : Pillar of Exile worth -2% each attempt (both win and loss, but don't retreat without being defeated)

Triglav
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:12 am

Thanks for all the input guys. If i ever beat it will update my method here

Also to those who can beat this boss, am quite sure you can reach lvl 50 in Pillar of unity since my current team can finish lvl 44 easily so those who can finish lvl 30 POE hope you are in a good guild who can open up lvl 50 in POU for your ladder challenge.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:17 am

I agree that we should die first to have a -40% reduced stat xD Anyway, Im running a Samurai Miu+Ninja Shizu+ BK Darrion+ AB Lucille and my SW Luthor to clear this one. A Miu from Friend is also a welcomed treat :)