Xera
Topic Author

[Guide] Solutions for Clearing Capitol Legendary

Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi guys this is Xera, I know there are still a lot of fellow players that are having problems and trying to figure out a way to clear Capitol 3 for higher grade runes. 
Fear not! I am here to offer you guys a few possible solutions that you can try out.

[Warning] This is a very lengthy guide

I would like to state that this guide is only applicable mainly for a few groups of players: 
1) Players who have spent cash, high in Prestige
2) Players who have spent cash, but not high in Prestige but have farmed a lot since Closed Beta phase
3) Players that did not spend any cash, but have farmed a lot since Closed Beta phase
===========================================================================================
Requirements:
1 squad of 5stars units
Equipment upgrade at least +10 of course +15 is the best
Equipment sets with set bonuses
===========================================================================================
Phase 1: Squad setup and item selection
I will explain what and how this setup works.

Unit Introduction

1.Berserker Vincent
  • Good cleave frontal attack
  • The skill increases attack stats
  • High attack stats overall after getting buffed
2.Warlord Leah
  • Cleaves on normal attack just like Berserker Vincent
  • Aura that increases 15% attack based on Leah’s attack stats
  • Defense is quite high, able to survive attacks from boss
3.Mind Warden Zedd
  • Aura that procs on 75% chance when attacking, increases attack of anyone in aura by 15% of Zedd’s magic stats
  • Awesome skill, delays enemy skill turn counter by 2
4.Grand Ranger Cybella
  • Good crowd control(CC) skill, sleeps enemy for 3 turns
5.Blood Knight Darrion
  • A good tank that provides healing aura, that procs on attacking and heals based on 30% of the damage dealt
  • Self-healing skills and taunting, in addition also increases his defense by 30% for 2 turns
For items wise I picked out the best healing potions that I could get from the marketplace.
  • Cleansing serum will be useful if you screw up somewhere during the boss fight and ended up getting debuffed.
  • ATK up roots are good to have if you are having problems with damaging the boss or your units are missing some Atk stats to finish off the boss.
  • Any healing potions are fine, your squad will not be taking any damage except on the boss spawning turn plus another few rounds until the boss is defeated.

For friend reinforcement selection, pick any unit that has the strongest stats from your list, but for my case, I do not need the reinforcement but it is still good to select one to level up your friendship level to gain more stats and also additional hp/def/atk buff for the battles.
Phase 2: Into the fight
Turn 0
Let’s just attack whatever we want, which pumpkin you choose to attack does not matter but do not move your front lines.

Turn 1
Now new pumpkins will spawn and the existing ones will move forward by one tile.
This is what you will see on the screen.

Let’s look at how we shall tackle this turn.

Firstly, we need to understand each unit’s attacking area and how their aura affects one and another. This is a screenshot of my Vincent’s stats, it hit up to four targets if you just swipe forward, and it will hit three targets when you swipe diagonally.

It is good to have your Vincent’s attack stats above 8000 to deal significant damage to the boss as the boss have defense value greater than 7000. I am unsure how this game’s damage formula works but I cleared it before my Vincent’s attack reached 8000.

Thus, after understanding of how Vincent’s attack area works all you need to do is swipe forward(Left) and kill anything in front of it. 
Below shows pictures of a series of attacking sequence for the turn.

At the end of your turn, the field should have left 3 monsters that are 1 tile away from your frontline units. For the rest of the turns basically it is just rinsed and repeating the same actions for each unit, however, Grand Ranger Cybella knocks back her target on critical proc so the player will have to adjust their own choice of target accordingly to ensure that the monster does not explode and damage his/her squad.
Before we move on to the last phase of the battle, the boss phase. This is what you should see on your screen, it might differ for each individual but as long as your squad is full health all is good!

However, it is a good thing to know that the boss does an Area of Effect (AOE) splash damage on normal attack. So it is good to scatter your units by moving them to the front or to the back at your own discretion to avoid taking unnecessary damage.

Do note that damage taken is 100% 75% 50% 42% when you have four units lined up as shown in the image below.

Finally, the boss appears, I will skip some movements and fast forward to the boss battle

Boss Phase:
As you can see that I have moved my frontline units a tile forward towards the boss.
The boss fight can be easy if crowd controlling (CC) effect procs successfully!

Things to take note: Boss has resistance to debuffs, sometimes the side effect of your skills will get resisted.
This is how I will tackle the boss fight
Step 1) Try to sleep the boss with Grand Ranger's skill - Spirit's Arrow

Step 2a) If the boss is asleep, move up the frontline and end your turn until you line them up in front of the boss

Step 2b) If the boss resisted the sleep effect, it will attack one however as long as the Warlord Leah, Berserker Vincent, and Mind Warden Zedd does not die all is good to go for the finale.

This is how it should look like when you are ready to attack the boss.
By now the boss should have either 1 tick or 2 ticks on its portrait showing that the skills are ready to activate on next turn, you would not want the boss to activate the skills so moving on to the next step.

Step 3) Use Mind Warden's skill - Time Stop, this will increase the turn counter of the target's skill by another 2 turns causing it unable to activate its skill.

Step 4) Now all you need to do is spam all the attacking skills of your units and normal attack it to death.
This is the end of the first solution. I hope this is helpful to fellow players although some units could be exchangeable with alternatives, it is your choice to figure out what to use to substitute in at your end. This is not a MUST have setup, 

Leah can be switched out for anyone that can deal a sustainable amount of damage to the monsters and the boss.
Cybella can be in other classes that have a CC skill
Zedd can be switched out for any unit that has the skill that increases skill counters.

The second solution will be updated on Tonight.
Any suggestion on how to improve the guide I will gladly accept it and improve it.

EnsonZai

Re: [Guide] Solutions for Clearing Capitol Legendary

Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 am

Nice Guide, thank you alot, its very useful =D

Xera
Topic Author

Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:56 am

Nice Guide, thank you alot, its very useful =D
Thank you, not much people was interested so I did not updated the second solution yet.

Maldock

Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:28 pm

Please do, us 2nd wave of beginners have already started to hit capitol legendary!

DDan

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:17 am

Can I humbly seek your help to guide me on clearing the damn quest without using skills for trial 2?
I rate the handicap IMPOSSIBLE hahaha

And nice guide!

Xera
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Please do, us 2nd wave of beginners have already started to hit capitol legendary!
Lol alright will post soon, been busy with stuff lately ahaha! :D
Can I humbly seek your help to guide me on clearing the damn quest without using skills for trial 2? 
I rate the handicap IMPOSSIBLE hahaha

And nice guide!
I am not sure if I can provide a solution for that but let me go find out!
Last edited by Xera on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.