Valor
Topic Author

Help on defeating a seemingly unbeatable arena team

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:40 pm

Alright, so I've usually been lurking in the forums. But just recently I got mildly triggered by an arena team I fought and felt compelled to make a forum account. The enemy team consists of 2 fayes along with an inquisitor lucille on the frontlines, and 2 ninjas at the back. How exactly can I hope to beat this team comp? I can't seem to kill anything or get anything to stick around the points to be captured.

nightmarez77
Official Member
Official Member

Re: Help on defeating a seemingly unbeatable arena team

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:58 am

It's extremely difficult to kill off the two defender + healer combo if geared unless you have a geared beserker on your own. If you don't, your best way of winning is using pushback (Cybella, kane, Rune Magus), I fought something similar, killed off the two ninjas and just ignored the rest and push them back

exi

Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:44 am

Freya isn't a defender. My trigger team can just kill it very easily. You just wait for the freya to walk to the tile and kill them one by one. Or of course, use 2 defender and make a very tanky team.

The trick against team with strong front liner (shadow, champion) is either wait for them to walk to the tile or get a super tanky team.

Aluxiel
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:39 pm

Get a Ronan RM? Haha

MoonEdge
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:09 am

Alright, so I've usually been lurking in the forums. But just recently I got mildly triggered by an arena team I fought and felt compelled to make a forum account. The enemy team consists of 2 fayes along with an inquisitor lucille on the frontlines, and 2 ninjas at the back. How exactly can I hope to beat this team comp? I can't seem to kill anything or get anything to stick around the points to be captured.
From the composition, this is a tank + swap team. Trigger teams are difficult to work. Swap teams are possible. Depending on gear, dmg teams may not work. So, its time to go other tries, such as knockback (Leah, Zedd RM comes to mind). Additionally, GRs have good knockback. Warlocks MAY successfully teleport the opponent off the tile. Against ninja swaps, stuns and sleeps work well too. Good luck!

Mikan

Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:26 pm

I know whom you're referring to, it's this guy right? I met him multiple times.

There is a fatal weakness to this composition when used by an AI. On the 2nd set, enemy will NEVER attack or rather the chances of the enemy doing an attack is very slim. Reason? Because once all the skills is up, they will just keep casting all the defensive buffs and swaps.

Now, knowing that fatal weakness, you just need to make use of any of your CC skills. What I did was, I just literally made one of the enemy Ninja permanently useless by using Winry's 3 turn sleep and Kane's 2 turn stun, both skills has very low cooldown thus can be cycled infinitely.

The last threat is just the other Ninja where if it's on mid, it will start attacking. My Faye barrier was there to prevent most of the incoming damage which rendered the other Ninja useless as well.

Lastly, removing one of the 2 Faye from the mid tile. I recommend using a Ninja for this one so you can take the tile at the same time upon using the skill unlike knockback skills.

So, with everything said. What just happened is 1 Ninja permanently CC'd, 2 Faye and Lucille kept casting defensive buffs like retards, and the other Ninja sitting on the midtile attacking my Faye barrier. I have 2 units sitting on mid tiles as well, my Faye and my Ninja (after swapping). This resulted to an easy win w/o killing anything.

Valor
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks guys, so I guess knockbacks/swaps or a way to permanently cc the ninjas are necessary to deal with this strategy. I had been doing fine without any knockback/swap abilities, maybe it's time for me to get a ninja/chaos knight..

@Mikan and yes, that's the guy I fought as well.

Arclaine
Official Member
Official Member

Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:11 pm

ASS team TBH. not hard to beat, those ninjas are immune to direct target, but any cross skill or multi hit skill will hit just fine, shadows can also hit them indirectly (2nd or 3rd chain) on their invulnerable form 

You need to fight a full fledged triple archer combo and see that it's possible to get fooked only from a crit hit from one of your opponent's archers.

Valor
Topic Author

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:06 pm

@Arclaine those are annoying to play against too, though I guess my team is better suited to dealing with that strategy. Most of the time after the initial barrage is over, I'm left like 4 heroes (3 if really unlucky) to turn the tides with my faye's ult. Archers are usually squishy so they die fast to my rather aggressive team composition. As long as things can be killed I am fine.