Illyasviel

Re: 5K Ratings w/ Underrated PVE Units, 4* Hero, Etc.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:19 pm

last night i got shizu ares and i confused which way to go between samurai or ninja.
and so i choose samurai because your love for samurai shizu XD
well considering i already have ninja kai and ninja kira can be purchased i think samurai shizu would be better for me as i'm using trigger team too.

before i got samurai shizu i use slayer silvia as addition to my trigger team along with warlord freya and GS kane. with help faye HD and ninja kai to keep the tile i managed to get 3.6k safe point. then i got GR cybella so i have 4 unit for trigger-fest. then the time comes when i got shizu and make her samurai. i know it's still too early but i think silvia is slightly better to trigger than shizu. but of course shizu has much better stat and skill compared to silvia.

wait come to think of it, if my warlord trigger shizu to attack and shizu trigger herself to attack at the same time will she attack two times?

as for 5k rating in the arena i think it's not only about the composition of your squad but also your equipment :mrgreen: to achieve good crit rate and attack higher than 7k i think it kinda impossible to get with *4 equipment. and yes rune also.

Mikan
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:06 pm

last night i got shizu ares and i confused which way to go between samurai or ninja.
well considering i already have ninja kai and ninja kira can be purchased i think samurai shizu would be better for me as i'm using trigger team too.

before i got samurai shizu i use slayer silvia as addition to my trigger team along with warlord freya and GS kane. with help faye HD and ninja kai to keep the tile i managed to get 3.6k safe point. then i got GR cybella so i have 4 unit for trigger-fest. then the time comes when i got shizu and make her samurai. i know it's still too early but i think silvia is slightly better to trigger than shizu. but of course shizu has much better stat and skill compared to silvia.

wait come to think of it, if my warlord trigger shizu to attack and shizu trigger herself to attack at the same time will she attack two times?

as for 5k rating in the arena i think it's not only about the composition of your squad but also your equipment :mrgreen: to achieve good crit rate and attack higher than 7k i think it kinda impossible to get with *4 equipment. and yes rune also.
If you haven't noticed, Silvia is a 4* thus her aura will have a higher proc chance but lower atk trigger. You're literally comparing 50% trigger chance compared to Shizu's 30% trigger chance and I'm sorry for the word but even a person with half a brain would figure out which would be more consistent. Though at least you seem to know already what the problem is with Silvia, and it's not just stats, it's also the skill and the % ATK trigger. I actually recommend Luna MM instead of Silvia because Luna can reach 75% crit rate easily and each proc has very high chance to command both units on her aura.

As for your question, Shizu cannot trigger her own aura. The warlord on the otherhand can trigger self to keep attacking and each attack can proc Shizu to attack.

Yes, gears do matter but my gears isn't exactly the best ones. I'm just using one 6* gear which is a Katana from story. Most of my gears are farmable 4* gears from story, everyone can have it. Other gears are those event gears which are free from event achievements, everyone can have it as well. 

As for runes, no I do not have the most optimal rune setup yet. Most are like this,
Indeed it's not an end-game investment, but as long as I'm playing around Top 50 or Master 3 per weekly reset, the investment is worth it.

Illyasviel

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:10 pm

If you haven't noticed, Silvia is a 4* thus her aura will have a higher proc chance but lower atk trigger. You're literally comparing 50% trigger chance compared to Shizu's 30% trigger chance and I'm sorry for the word but even a person with half a brain would figure out which would be more consistent. Though at least you seem to know already what the problem is with Silvia, and it's not just stats, it's also the skill and the % ATK trigger. I actually recommend Luna MM instead of Silvia because Luna can reach 75% crit rate easily and each proc has very high chance to command both units on her aura.

As for your question, Shizu cannot trigger her own aura. The warlord on the otherhand can trigger self to keep attacking and each attack can proc Shizu to attack.

Yes, gears do matter but my gears isn't exactly the best ones. I'm just using one 6* gear which is a Katana from story. Most of my gears are farmable 4* gears from story, everyone can have it. Other gears are those event gears which are free from event achievements, everyone can have it as well. 

As for runes, no I do not have the most optimal rune setup yet. Most are like this,
Indeed it's not an end-game investment, but as long as I'm playing around Top 50 or Master 3 per weekly reset, the investment is worth it.
lol calm down a bit will you? i read through this thread and it seems there are arguments about which squad will do most trigger. and im just saying with silvia i can get more chain attack. that's all.
hmm interesting. i'm using farmable 4* and event equipment too. but i think i still have some equipment without right suffix. need to fix that later.
whoa didnt think maxed 2* runes could be that good :o while i'm still forcing to use 1 slot runes and it's harder to get it maxed 

Mikan
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:26 pm

lol calm down a bit will you? i read through this thread and it seems there are arguments about which squad will do most trigger. and im just saying with silvia i can get more chain attack. that's all.
hmm interesting. i'm using farmable 4* and event equipment too. but i think i still have some equipment without right suffix. need to fix that later.
whoa didnt think maxed 2* runes could be that good :o while i'm still forcing to use 1 slot runes and it's harder to get it maxed 
Sorry, sometimes I just get worked up when I see some comparisons like that. Anyways, for sure 50% would be more consistent yes.

And yea it's a fallacy. Most always look into end-game instead of actually going for what's efficient and what can make them progress even faster. I'm a launch player but I was able to get into Top 50 one time and I'm literally fighting all the CBT players there. If I never decided to use the 3+3+2+1 or 3+2+2+2 rune combo, I would never be able to compete and get such amount of gems per week from resets.

Munilet

Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:09 am

Good Job!

I am planning to build a squad full of Maxed Limit Break 4 Star Heroes dominating the arena! 

Let's all together find other hidden gems in proving that meta choices are not always the key to success!
Hi Ferico and Mikan..
May I have you two in my Friend List?
Please don't say no..
XDD

My id : pjncff
IGN : Munilet
Lvl : 76

If your friend list full already please clear one slot for me..
I'm not saying that VF is my life but I am an very active player and able to reach 5k points on Arena in the last three weeks..
Uhh, this is second time I persuade Ferico to be in my Friend List..
I know this was somewhat selfish and I am apologize for that..
I would be happy to see you two in my Friend Arena's Tab..
XDDD

You can also PM me your IGN and I will add you as soon as possible..
Thank you..
XD

p.s Nice idea Ferico, the only problem is job key -as always..
I might try it in the future, right now I have only one MlB 4" which is Luna Hunter..
I also have another 4* already LB, waiting their clones to show up in my unlucky summon..
XDD

ccw

Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:49 pm

Very nice guide, it was a pleasure reading it :) Thanks for the help!

Bansky

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:30 pm

I just recently cracked 5k arena points with my current lineup: Luthor AB, Teresa WD, Zedd RM, Ronan RM, and Faye Pally. I can only dream for now of breaking top 10 arena rank with my current lineup.

Munilet

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi Mikan..
I need your advice about my Arena team..
It's already a month I'm stuck in Master 3 and only gain point by 5k weekly..
My win ratio only 87% and in the end of each season I always end up by collecting roughly 20~ lost..
I usually have hard time when facing Ranger team with or without Ronan..
Please take a look at my team composition and stat..

This is how I play my team..
https://youtu.be/zIyH9XJK618

I have Cybella 4* Marksman Ares and 3* Kane Hercules..
Do you think It's better to make them both GS?
I also have 4* Rogue Kai Ares and 4* Lancer Vincent Hercules..

Good winning ratio is all I need and whatever tier I'm stuck on, I can accept..

Mikan
Topic Author

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi Mikan..
My win ratio only 87% and in the end of each season I always end up by collecting roughly 20~ lost..

Hmmm, I think it's best to go for process of elimination here.

First, 2 high damage champions is redundant. I think it's better to drop one of your champs, Berserker is better to drop on this one beacuse Leah at least has a row-AOE and doesn't require a trigger to benefit from the aura since it's persistent type.
HD Darrion is totally useless except for his aura, his cleanse is very niche. Better remove.

That leaves you with just 3 units. Leah, Zedd and Lucille. Now, to cover up the weaknesses.

- You do not have any strong ranged damage and you need them while waiting for your skills. Adding 2x command archer would be great.
- Your Leah isn't using 5* or higher rarity gears and not all suffixes are Trinity. Being the sole frontliner, it would be great if you can equip her with full 5* trinity gears.
- Have Zedd use a vampire rune to trigger Lucille's aura, 4* energy vampire rune with 3x 1-slot energy rune would be great . Would also help alot if you make his gears full 5* wizardry so he can have a decent amount of ATK as well.

Positions would be like this,

Leah  -  Zedd          -  Lucille
             Command  -  Command

Leah as frontliner because obvious reasons. With proper 5* trinity gears, she can have decent amount of defense.
Zedd behind Leah to buff Leah's defense. Using vampire rune to trigger Lucille's aura. With full 5* wizardry gears and Leah's aura, Zedd would be able to do decent normal taps.
1 command archer beside Zedd to benefit from the defense boost so it wouldn't get sniped easily by enemy's archers. It can also command Zedd to attack which procs vamp rune and procs Lucille's poison.
2nd command archer to duo with the other command archer. Equipping vampire would be nice to trigger Lucille's aura but it gimps too much ATK so better just focus on full ATK runes.

Munilet

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi Mikan..

Hmmm, I think it's best to go for process of elimination here.

First, 2 high damage champions is redundant. I think it's better to drop one of your champs, Berserker is better to drop on this one beacuse Leah at least has a row-AOE and doesn't require a trigger to benefit from the aura since it's persistent type.
HD Darrion is totally useless except for his aura, his cleanse is very niche. Better remove.

That leaves you with just 3 units. Leah, Zedd and Lucille. Now, to cover up the weaknesses.

- You do not have any strong ranged damage and you need them while waiting for your skills. Adding 2x command archer would be great.
- Your Leah isn't using 5* or higher rarity gears and not all suffixes are Trinity. Being the sole frontliner, it would be great if you can equip her with full 5* trinity gears.
- Have Zedd use a vampire rune to trigger Lucille's aura, 4* energy vampire rune with 3x 1-slot energy rune would be great . Would also help alot if you make his gears full 5* wizardry so he can have a decent amount of ATK as well.

Positions would be like this,

Leah  -  Zedd          -  Lucille
             Command  -  Command

Leah as frontliner because obvious reasons. With proper 5* trinity gears, she can have decent amount of defense.
Zedd behind Leah to buff Leah's defense. Using vampire rune to trigger Lucille's aura. With full 5* wizardry gears and Leah's aura, Zedd would be able to do decent normal taps.
1 command archer beside Zedd to benefit from the defense boost so it wouldn't get sniped easily by enemy's archers. It can also command Zedd to attack which procs vamp rune and procs Lucille's poison.
2nd command archer to duo with the other command archer. Equipping vampire would be nice to trigger Lucille's aura but it gimps too much ATK so better just focus on full ATK runes.
So I will make Kane and Cybella to GS?
Or Kane GR and Cybella GS?

I'm afraid of Cybella currently faith will be wasted, but I saw Leon Zai's Cybella also have Ares..
Make her into SS just make her more useless except for her appearance.. :D

With this total reworked I need a lot of resources and time..
I think I can find good equipment for Leah, but maybe will take a lot of Stamina to aim Trinity Suffix..

Maybe will be ready in a month..
Thank you for your suggestion, it might work!
XD