sakeci77
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

How "refresh aura" work in PVP?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Hello guys, I got my Shizu today from daily login's valiant ticket.

Example my PVP team formation:
Tanker               X                   X
Champion       Archer             X
Shizu               Archer             X

Tanker move forward and step the flag tile, then Champion will do the 1st attacking, Shizu 2nd attacking, if success to refresh Champion,

Can I use the Champion to attack again?

Other people said:
1. Refresh aura doesnt work in PVP at all.
2. If use the "refreshed" Champion to attack again, 1 of my any hero will unable to do any move until next wave.
(1wave 5turn in PVP)

I want to confirm this, hope you guys understand my question, please help, thank you!

Miyu
Official Member
Official Member

Re: How "refresh aura" work in PVP?

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 pm

In Arena, the movement and action of units are governed by what is called a cycle. 

A cycle is typically defined by every unique unit of the 5 in the team being able to move once before a new cycle begins. 

In layman terms, this means unit A B C D E can all move once each and once you make an action on any one of them, you cannot make another action on them until a new cycle begins. 

Refresh aura and to a lesser extent, refresh rune breaks the rule of this cycle by allowing the unit affected to perform another action, but this means that the entire cycle would be delayed because they get to move again. 

To illustrate this example, if A has refresh aura, B is affected by A's refresh aura, while C D E isn't affected by that aura, and B C D E has already attacked, only A will be able to make a move before a new cycle starts, but if A managed to fulfill the condition of the said aura and trigger it on both A and B, then A and B are able to make an action again while C D E remain action-disabled.

This applies as well to units that are moving with refresh rune.

sakeci77
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:40 pm

In Arena, the movement and action of units are governed by what is called a cycle. 

A cycle is typically defined by every unique unit of the 5 in the team being able to move once before a new cycle begins. 

In layman terms, this means unit A B C D E can all move once each and once you make an action on any one of them, you cannot make another action on them until a new cycle begins. 

Refresh aura and to a lesser extent, refresh rune breaks the rule of this cycle by allowing the unit affected to perform another action, but this means that the entire cycle would be delayed because they get to move again. 

To illustrate this example, if A has refresh aura, B is affected by A's refresh aura, while C D E isn't affected by that aura, and B C D E has already attacked, only A will be able to make a move before a new cycle starts, but if A managed to fulfill the condition of the said aura and trigger it on both A and B, then A and B are able to make an action again while C D E remain action-disabled.

The option 1 and 2 both are wrong?
I thought PVP have 5turn limit per wave(cycle as u said), so I want to confirm again, let say the shizu is assasin...
A. Shizu Assasin
B. Berserker
C. Faye
D. Cybella
E. Kane
B attack, A attack and triggered refresh to B, B attack again, CDE 3 of them still can move once each? 
As my friend said, if B attack again, 1 of 3 from CDE is unable to doing action until next cycle.
Thank for your quickly answer!

Miyu
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm

I thought PVP have 5turn limit per wave(cycle as u said), so I want to confirm again, let say the shizu is assasin...
A. Shizu Assasin
B. Berserker
C. Faye
D. Cybella
E. Kane
B attack, A attack and triggered refresh to B, B attack again, CDE 3 of them still can move once each? 
As my friend said, if B attack again, 1 of 3 from CDE is unable to doing action until next cycle.
Yes, you can still attack with C D E, they're not affected since they haven't used up their part of the cycle. 

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:09 pm

A. Shizu Assasin
B. Berserker
C. Faye
D. Cybella
E. Kane
Yes, you can still attack with C D E, they're not affected since they haven't used up their part of the cycle. 
I have ninja shizu and this is how it works, even using the refresh when move also is the same.
It is a cycle, where everyone get a turn before everyone refreshes, and a new cycle begins. So what does the aura refresh and the refresh rune does is what "refresh" mean. So the "used" turn by any of the heroes that is being refreshed will not be counted into the cycle. So let say my shizu killed a enemy hero and beside her is an ally that used its turn. And my shizu trigger its aura and refresh both. It means that both the ally and shizu got another round in that cycle, while everyone is grey out (if opp and you already left with no more hero turns to use)
So ninja can be pretty problematic if the damage and crit is high, because it can jump into your backline and start clearing them, while a dragoon can also does that, because shizu will bounce on 4 target, potentially killing any soft target. Thats how i play my arena, i won't necessary swap with tile holder if i saw that the backline is tofu, i will jump in and clear them why my tanker will try to defend the tiles.

MoonEdge
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:35 pm

One thing to note for the refresh aura, its also a viable tactic in arena.
Grab the tiles, and if you also get more turns, you get more points too. Once my ninja managed to refresh pally faye once and vincent dragoon with refresh rune refreshed himself once. That netted me a bonus 12 points (2 free turns with no enemy movement or attack) like that... making it easier to win.