kazamai
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

What do you think of double gladiator?

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi, anyone here ever use two gladiator? 
I already have my gladiator vincent, but today i got Freya, and i'm not sure which job should I give her. I like the 2 turn stun from gladiator and wonder if making 2 gladiator is any good. anyone can share your experience with this? 

knives07

Re: What do you think of double gladiator?

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:20 pm

hmm.. this is a big no no to me, remember everything in this game is about balance, too much offense will be your down fall especially in the arena.

alvinherexD

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 pm

depend on what other units you have but double glad itself is good

Pucco
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Kazamai,

Do it, experiment with it and let us know. Are both of them Ares faith? 
I don't use gladiator, but i think in order to be effective, just make sure both gladiators' auras are correctly positioned. You probably need to add 1 ninja to reach out for rangers, mystics and healers at the back. Add in 1 gunslinger and 1 ronan, should be quite solid and unique team.

MisterMysterious
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:14 pm

Hello Mister Kazamai

Double Gladiator? Now you can make a movie! 
Bad jokes aside they will work very well together in a offensive focused team, ever more if you can put a Vincent Berserker in the middle of the two. Do your tests you may be happy with results.

MrLocket

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:17 pm

Double-glad is fine, as long as you have the unit to support them. Because they can attack a unit 3 tiles away, they can ignore the tile and just keep on killing the backrow.
Some of the best supports I can think of are:
- Ranger with knockback (glad attack then knockback, enemy move back to tile, glad attack then knockback.... rinse and repeat)
- Ranger with sleep or stun (disabling lucille inquis or ninja is crucial here)
- Ninja on second column if you can't kill backrow most of the time (though this is extremely situational)
- Tanker on the row other than the row where glads are located (capture tile, provide attack through aura, nuke)

kazamai
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:07 pm

Hey, Thanks all for the input, I guess I'll go make the movie double Gladiator as suggested by MrMysterious  and play around with it :lol:  

knives07

Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:58 am

your funeral.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:49 am

I've seen teams with double dragoons and they play the "Kill whoever is on the tiles" strategy so I think it's doable! Just put some support characters that might help their defense/offense. Try a Darrio in the middle if you're having problems with archer trigger teams or a berzerker/warlord for maximum offense potential. Try also having 2 or 3 archers behind so you can force the opponent to step into the tiles :)

kazamai
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

your funeral.
Lol, probably, 
well my current main team is: Shizu (assassin), Victoria (CK), VIncent (Glad), Kiera (MW), Teresa (Inquisitor) 
my teresa feels kinda useless in arena, so i'm thinking of of replacing her. i can try formation with 3  2-turn stunner this way. 
I do think I need archer/long range, but i don't get much luck with kane or cybele (I do got cybele but with kinda bad faith) 
well anyway another scenario is that i can just switch vincent with freya.