Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Re: Hard time clearing legend - boss always left with 10% health

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm

I also managed to clear the 1st trial with: my Vincent Berserker, friend's Vincent Berserker, Faye HD, Lucille Inquisitor, and Zedd Mind Warder.
I wonder if I will manage to clear the 2nd one without friend's berserker..

Any extra strategy / diff team approaches for me? I was thinking using Miu Samurai for her blind skill.
I have tried using Bunny strategy (1 berserker only, and ally's unit is not considered), but my berserker with 8k atk seems not enough. And my rangers crit aren't that high enough (50% & 42%) to trigger chained attack often.

My other units:
Freya Dragoon lv32
Kane GR lv30 (luck 50%)
Cybella GS lv 32 (luck 42%)
Kai Ninja
Miu Samurai
Faye Paladin
Zedd Elementalist
Ronan MW
Victoria BK

Still leveling my Nadia, will level her up to 5* (still undecide which job to follow)
Miu Samurai is good for blind but since you already have MW Zedd, Lucille Inquis and Faye HD...I actually think you already have more than enough mitigation O.o
Try use wisps recommendation for second trial. Instead of friend berserker maybe add one ranger (50% crit one) behind the berserker for the extra trigger.
Well, I did use the same strategy as Wisps strategy for my success in 1st trial. Using 2 berserker is the key there, as the damage from just my 1 berserker isn't enough to kill the birds on time, even with such mitigation.
Just as Wisps said, it's kinda risky to use crit chain trigger team if my rangers crit rate still low. I need to level up my crit rune first I guess..
There is definitely a difference between trying to clear it once for the trial reward and having the stage "on farm" with consistency.
IMO, your current team is definitely able to clear the trial with some trigger luck and magic potions. But if you want to clear it with consistency and not waste potions, I agree you need more crit for the triggers to be more reliable and/or improve your berserker gear a bit :)

MysteryE

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:41 pm

Miu Samurai is good for blind but since you already have MW Zedd, Lucille Inquis and Faye HD...I actually think you already have more than enough mitigation O.o
Try use wisps recommendation for second trial. Instead of friend berserker maybe add one ranger (50% crit one) behind the berserker for the extra trigger.
Well, I did use the same strategy as Wisps strategy for my success in 1st trial. Using 2 berserker is the key there, as the damage from just my 1 berserker isn't enough to kill the birds on time, even with such mitigation.
Just as Wisps said, it's kinda risky to use crit chain trigger team if my rangers crit rate still low. I need to level up my crit rune first I guess..
There is definitely a difference between trying to clear it once for the trial reward and having the stage "on farm" with consistency.
IMO, your current team is definitely able to clear the trial with some trigger luck and magic potions. But if you want to clear it with consistency and not waste potions, I agree you need more crit for the triggers to be more reliable and/or improve your berserker gear a bit :)
I tried the 1st trial with my CC team 4 times and fails thanks to that low crit.
I succeed on my 5th attempt using Wisps strategy on my 1st attempt.
So, yeah, I might need to tinker the crit rate a bit more before trying again or I might ended just wasting the pots..

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Totally agreed. I tried to "earn" more cookies using the same method and using same damage range vincent and out of 5 times, only 3 is successful and the remaining 2 is bad rng in trigger, and end up using more potions which is not worth it.

I guess I going back to heroic farming and get more birdy. And try to get better gears and rune. I at the limits of my gears as I ran out of hammers and gold.

lazkopat

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:09 pm

Hey there,

i am having trouble with legendary difficult too, i hope someone can suggest a good team (would love advice for PVP too);

Berserker Freya (6,2k ATK. 4k DEF)
Samurai Miu (3,8k ATK, 3,6k DEF)
GR Kane (4,2 ATK, 2,3 DEF, 4k CRIT)
MW Kiera ( 1,8 DEF, 4,6 MAG)
HDefender Darrion (3k ATK, 5,5 DEF)
MW Ronan( 1,5 DEF, 4,4 MAG)
GR Cybella( 4k ATK, 2k DEF)
Archbishop Teresa( 3k DEF, 3,7 MAG)

while i am at it here are some other questions i have;
I have 4 star ares Faye and 4star  kratos Vincent, are they good enough to replace someone above?
i have 3 star hera cybella and 3 star athena Teresa. should i raise them to different classes? ( i heard Gunslinger is best for Cybella)

thanks for any advice!

HungryPanda
Valiant Moderator
Valiant Moderator

Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:19 pm

DO make full use of potions as well!

Bunny
Valiant Sage
Valiant Sage

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:24 pm

Hey there,

i am having trouble with legendary difficult too, i hope someone can suggest a good team (would love advice for PVP too);

Berserker Freya (6,2k ATK. 4k DEF)
Samurai Miu (3,8k ATK, 3,6k DEF)
GR Kane (4,2 ATK, 2,3 DEF, 4k CRIT)
MW Kiera ( 1,8 DEF, 4,6 MAG)
HDefender Darrion (3k ATK, 5,5 DEF)
MW Ronan( 1,5 DEF, 4,4 MAG)
GR Cybella( 4k ATK, 2k DEF)
Archbishop Teresa( 3k DEF, 3,7 MAG)

while i am at it here are some other questions i have;
I have 4 star ares Faye and 4star  kratos Vincent, are they good enough to replace someone above?
i have 3 star hera cybella and 3 star athena Teresa. should i raise them to different classes? ( i heard Gunslinger is best for Cybella)

thanks for any advice!
Since you have Berserker Freya, you should try the double berserker method with your Ally Vincent.
In terms of Mitigation you have Miu Samurai and Teresa Archbishop.
Miu Samurai is godsend and can buy you 3 turns with blind but I'm not sure how Teresa would do as a replacement for Lucille, you probably need more stun and blind potion with her.

So the team could be: Berserker Freya, Ally Vincent, Miu Samurai, Teresa Archbishop(Shield) or HD Darrion(buff/Taunt), MW Ronan for delay skill - with this team you use MW Ronan to delay skill for the head and you need to use stun/blind potion on the wings while your berserkers take on the head.
Alternative would be: Berserker Freya, Ally Vincent, Miu Samurai, GR Kane, GR Cybella - with this team you need luck and hope the rangers trigger your berserkers to kill boss before the poison and damage kills your team. It's probably a bit too risky.

As for your other units, Faye is one of the best tanks out there and both her classes are useful. HD is better for this event due to debuff, while Paladin is popular in PVP.

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Topic Author

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

DO make full use of potions as well!
We can only use 5 per round. total 10 for blind/stun. And the bird got 4 part and 2 eggs. In the end, high dps is still required to keep them at bay or clear them. Because when you down the 3 parts and left the head, you have to keep the head stun in order to stop the healing, or else, its a pain and if the head resist the stun, then its gone case.

wisps
Official Member
Official Member

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Flawless victory. No battle potions with lucille's shield up plus cd'd faye shield ready
Attachments
1485935209303.jpg
(128.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet

ghostautonomy
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:18 am

Still haven't finished legendary even once. XD
I've come close, but it seems without HD Faye, it's really difficult.

I wonder if there are people who are able to auto legend already =))