Marad
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Need Help vs 4 Rangers arena

Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:34 pm

i fought 4 rangers in Arena, they go first, 1st attack trigger 10x times, next turn i only have guardian left

what is this bs, too OP

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Need Help vs 4 Rangers arena

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Super high crit and luck.

Ferico
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 pm

To be honest, LUCK is all you need that a ranger doesnt crit on his/her 1st turn but I find disrupting their formation with a ninja or disabling the "Central" ranger (usually GRane/GS Cybella/GS Nadia) working at most of my battles.

Also, buff up your front liners! Limit breaking your champs to be tanky is also a good way to withstand those dreaded crits.

Arclaine
Official Member
Official Member

Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 pm

I made a thread on general about the archer meta we're currently having.

A match can end in 2 or 3 turns, it's just a matter of who is luckier, though having a high crit rate raises your likeliness.

But to counter this meta, you gotta use the meta, you need to pray to get the first turn and pray that your archer can f*ck your opponent's "core" first, or get the 2nd turn and pray that you wont get f*cked.

I call Bs, reason? too much luck involved.

YayuSheng

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:08 pm

this also what i facing, is there any solution for melee type, because even using 3 swapper need a VERY big luck to counter this meta, & we're not talking abount other combination yet, like 2 ranger with ronan & faye, but the point is it's always centered in triggered ranger, yes i notice what Arclaine said about counter this meta with this metas, but anyone have a real working solution with not less then 60-70% chance to lose?

FYI: i already try swapper type, my current standing arena 4300 & my maximum arena 4900, & now the population of archer meta getting bigger & i already repick 5 time in row to avoid this kind of meta

I apreciate for the solution & ty in advance ;) 

Arclaine
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:38 am

this also what i facing, is there any solution for melee type, because even using 3 swapper need a VERY big luck to counter this meta, & we're not talking abount other combination yet, like 2 ranger with ronan & faye, but the point is it's always centered in triggered ranger, yes i notice what Arclaine said about counter this meta with this metas, but anyone have a real working solution with not less then 60-70% chance to lose?

FYI: i already try swapper type, my current standing arena 4300 & my maximum arena 4900, & now the population of archer meta getting bigger & i already repick 5 time in row to avoid this kind of meta

I apreciate for the solution & ty in advance ;) 
No form can have a 100% chance to win against the current meta, even a 5 lvl 40 buffed up tanker team can lose to the ranger squad if the trigger keeps up.

That's why about two or three weeks ago I made a thread about it.

Either buff other heroes or nerf these archers, I use them, but this meta is just plain BS. That'a my neutral point of view.

YayuSheng

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I think i agree with you, Arclaine, because for now i will avoid that kind of squad, but later on if there is no other way to counter the meta, the game will be archer gaming xD, unfortunately i don't have descent archer squad yet, so can't speak from user archer PoV yet, but from a player that fight against it, if the squad not using Guardian absolutely Very hard to beat , 

but maybe Kiera + mag squad can beat it? i don't know, but that's the only solution i can think off, but unfortunately i don't have mag Kiera yet. so i can't tell :\

beartroll
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:31 pm

I think i agree with you, Arclaine, because for now i will avoid that kind of squad, but later on if there is no other way to counter the meta, the game will be archer gaming xD, unfortunately i don't have descent archer squad yet, so can't speak from user archer PoV yet, but from a player that fight against it, if the squad not using Guardian absolutely Very hard to beat , 

but maybe Kiera + mag squad can beat it? i don't know, but that's the only solution i can think off, but unfortunately i don't have mag Kiera yet. so i can't tell :\
freya berserker can counter quite well

Enixus

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 pm

freya berserker can counter quite well
That would require them to target Freya specifically and on top of that, do you position archers to the left and right of a freya berserker to even land hits on their archer positioned far away? It seems to work on paper, but this idea is as dumb as it gets.

Enixus

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:41 pm

To be honest, LUCK is all you need that a ranger doesnt crit on his/her 1st turn but I find disrupting their formation with a ninja or disabling the "Central" ranger (usually GRane/GS Cybella/GS Nadia) working at most of my battles.

Also, buff up your front liners! Limit breaking your champs to be tanky is also a good way to withstand those dreaded crits.
Are you honestly naive enough to believe you can survive 5 turns before his skill cooldown is over? Up against these lineups, it usually ends in 2-3 turns, and he could always just sleep your ninja since they share the same cooldown duration and if he goes first, assuming you can even survive to the fifth turn.