JamesWong
Topic Author

Clearing Ancient Awakening Legendary Trial 3 with no Event Units

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 am

Hi! I recorded this video before CNY started but only found time to annotate it today. Throughout the CNY holiday, I have come up with certain improvements I could have made to ensure a smoother victory.

Some tips:
Bring Attack Potions, Healing Potions, Blinding Potions and Stun Potions

Always ensure Berserker's attack is up

Try to keep everyone full health

Prioritise Blinding Head and Tail of Phoenix

Use Stun Potions only when the parts are about to cast spells(priority should always be the head)

Phoenix parts cannot die. They can only be damaged till 1HP, upon which they will no longer be functional unless the Head casts Regeneration so Ninja and Nadia's auras will not work on them. 

Hero substitutions:
Berserker: If you do not have one, please use a fodder and get an ally that has one preferably with 10K damage

Ninja: This character is not necessary and can be substituted for another Berserker(if you only have one, you can always use a fodder to summon another) or Heroes that will trigger your Berserker(Kane Gunslinger, Shizu Magebane...)

Gunslinger: Can be substituted for any trigger Hero(Shizu Samurai, Vincent Warlord...)

Lucille Inquisitor: Can be substituted with any shield Hero(Faye or Teresa Archbishop)

Improvements I could have made: 
Used a fodder instead of Ninja. In that case, I would have had 2 Berserkers on the field and I probably could have cleared the boss much faster.

Used Blind potions a bit more sparingly at the beginning so I would have had more to use towards the end. I feel that unless your characters' defenses are weak. You need only blind the Phoenix head and tail at the start as they deal the most damage and can hit your ranged units(which usually have lower defenses)

Link my Berserker to my Ninja so she will get an attack boost thereby perhaps leading to the Phoenix's quicker demise

Some other random info:
The taunted AI will not cast spells

In Legendary, you get the Hatchling character from killing the Phoenix and not from killing the Hatchling itself. 

If you found this video to be useful, please Like and Subscribe. Some viewers have given feedback about the music in the previous video so I have changed this current one to only instrumentals. Any comments are welcome. I am new to this and willing to make changes for my videos to become better. Thanks for watching and reading. 

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Clearing Ancient Awakening Legendary Trial 3 with no Event Units

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:03 am

Its interesting that all their events currently.. rely on a certain type of hero but not the event hero.

Example, the previous iceman event rely strongly on ninja and lucille, and this one rely on the trigger proc hero and vincent. The last event that shows light to event hero usefulness is the twin tower.

Nadia here only shows potential if you are able to pump her up with good stats and she can become a force, but normal level, she can't do much to the multi damage.

Well, because unlike the previous event, players like me that is short of vincent will not be able to clear this trial easily, (even with potions) because the 2nd trial requires no ally before the 3rd trial.

So the only example i saw without vincent is the formation using miu and kanana healer for very long killing. Both of which i don't have also. Haha!! I feel sad that i can't clear 2nd trial for the 75 gems.

Nekonase
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:01 pm

Much regret throwing resources to upgrade Nadia when I could have a berserker Vincent instead. 

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 pm

I just got burnt by rng. No proc trigger, no critical hit. Lost the game and got nothing.

JamesWong
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Its interesting that all their events currently.. rely on a certain type of hero but not the event hero.

Example, the previous iceman event rely strongly on ninja and lucille, and this one rely on the trigger proc hero and vincent. The last event that shows light to event hero usefulness is the twin tower.

Nadia here only shows potential if you are able to pump her up with good stats and she can become a force, but normal level, she can't do much to the multi damage.

Well, because unlike the previous event, players like me that is short of vincent will not be able to clear this trial easily, (even with potions) because the 2nd trial requires no ally before the 3rd trial.

So the only example i saw without vincent is the formation using miu and kanana healer for very long killing. Both of which i don't have also. Haha!! I feel sad that i can't clear 2nd trial for the 75 gems.
I think it's a great thing the last few events did not require event heroes because till date, I have done nine 10X 3-5* Hero summons and not gotten a single event hero. It's a good thing they included the Valianite Shop so if we are unlucky, we can still get event heroes. However, for those f2p players who are unlucky plus are unable to summon that many times during the event, it's a great thing that this event doesn't require event heroes since they will be able to rely on their old heroes. Kudos to XII Braves on implementing all the above. 

Perhaps it's time to make a Vincent Berserker. I have found that the Ninja-Berserker combo helps me a lot in Story mode, Capitol and Events. 

It's ok not to clear. Just treat the events as mediums for your characters to get stronger! 

JamesWong
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Much regret throwing resources to upgrade Nadia when I could have a berserker Vincent instead. 
It's not too late to build one now. I have found the Ninja-Berserker Combo to be useful in Capitol, Events and Story Mode. For this event, perhaps Nadia can serve as your Berserker since her damage is high due to buff and you need only attack the head of the Phoenix.

JamesWong
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:46 pm

I just got burnt by rng. No proc trigger, no critical hit. Lost the game and got nothing.
RNG eats all of us for breakfast, lunch and dinner  :(

davidkim
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:42 pm

I just pulled a slayer vincent.. Phew.. What luck.. Even though i can rush the hero, but i short of equipment to keep the damage on par, i think can only reach 6k damage. Still wont be enough to kill without ally.

JamesWong
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I just pulled a slayer vincent.. Phew.. What luck.. Even though i can rush the hero, but i short of equipment to keep the damage on par, i think can only reach 6k damage. Still wont be enough to kill without ally.
It's ok man. Many more events to go! Just improve after each one :)

ghostautonomy
Official Member
Official Member

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:19 pm

Huge thanks to your guide. I followed it to the LETTER and was able to finish the three Legendary Trials. :D