Musizian
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Front Line in PVP (Your Advice is Highly Appreciated)

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:46 am

Hi All,

My main team for PVP has evolved to become:
2nd Row : 
-Kane GR 5* Hera
-Cybella GS 5* Hera

1st Row :
-Kai Ninja 5* Ares
-Vincent Zerk 5* Zeus (Do i need to change his faith to ares?)
-???????????????????

Bench:
  • Victoria Zealot 4* Kratos
  • Faye Crusader 4* Hercules (Is this correct faith?)
  • Teresa Priest 4* Athena
Question:
  1. Do I need to change Zerk faith to Ares? or Zeus is fine?
  2. For my front liner, who should I develop, Vic or Faye and to become what?
  3. Should I change faye faith?
  4. Teresa is archbishop or inquisitor?
Thanks lots,

Love

freydom

Re: Front Line in PVP (Your Advice is Highly Appreciated)

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi Musizian,

Which tier of arena are you in currently?
This suggestion is from a M1 rank player, aiming for M3 this season. 
Another point of consideration is also do you have the  adequate runes and equipment?

Zeus for serker is fine. I run a front line of dragoon ares freya, zerk zeus vincent, warlord ares freya. Honestly, u would want ur champions to be more tanky also. ares can make units appear too paperish. 

2nd qn read below.

IMO unless u have a spare pixie, don need considering change faye faith. try it out first. if u feel a kratos or zeus faye will be stronger, then u change. 

Based on your bench options,
This will be my order of priority:
1) tanky faye paladin for shield. Kratos or zeus wld probably be preferable for faye for most people, but hercules is good too as long as she is robust enough to make 2 shields per battle since each shield will provide more hp buff using a hercules faith. The high mag stat also make your faye more tanky when dealing with skill damage from arena units.
2) Chaos knight victoria 
3) Teresa Archbishop

Here is the reasoning. 

Swap tile strategy/ balanced
Look from a balance team perspective, kratos chaos knight wld be the most ideal since u have another option to swap and a kratos ck is going to be hard to kill and can also deal alot of damage. that is most ideal if ur intent is to play a tile game. The draw back is that vic cannot inflict significant splash damage. so its utility is solely for tile game or to inflict 1 on 1 damage. but assuming u move first and she alr takes up a tile, u might not see much more use for her. you also alr have a ninja for tile game. 

Faye paladin and teresa is known for their shields. 
Teresa is less ideal in this case for 2 reasons: 
1) The positioning of front line unit
2) Faye has naturally a higher def stat regardless of her faith.
Another reason:
3) Teresa shield does not have reflect and passive healing is not ideal in that position.

Why then consider Faye over chaos knight vic? That is because imo a party shield advantage is more important than vic swap ability in your setup. 
Out of 5 units you have 4 DPS. Their defence must be weak. but for dps, u need much focus on attack buff from runes and equips so best way to supplement defence is a shield to keep them alive longer. Hence a faye with defence suffix equip and runes shld make her tanky enough. 

Lastly, depending on which arena tier u are in, a balanced team setup might not be able to carry u as far as a pure dps team can at higher tiers. So as you build this balance team for now, u may KIV the option to build pure dps team by replacing faye with a offensive unit that can trigger/ cause CC. such as samurai shizu, miu, warlords, gladiators/dragoons. That will also depends if u have enough equips to make the right build.

I think just give it a try and build both the CK and Faye. but if i am you, will build faye first. then play around and see the strength n weakness of the two units,

cheers,
Frey

kyon

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 pm

There's a recent thread somewhere that shows the analysis of the best faith for several heroes and the best way to maximize a Berserker Vincent is Ares. Faye is Kratos then Zeus.

Your frontline depends on the setup that you want and the game mode that you want to play. Most areas in story mode doesn't really require a tank. Even in PvP, you can get by without a tank. For what mode are you building specifically?

Musizian
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks Frey and Kyon.... 
Honestly, i am level 55 but at lowest tier in arena because my team composition is a mess... I am still working on runes and equipments =D
I love tile games, that was the reason I got ninja and working on CK. But at arena, I always get pawned by stronger players even at the lowest tier..

Based on the suggestions I will go with Faye Paladin then Victoria CK..

Currently I have trigger only for Kane/Cybella... If I were to keep the two of them, who else do i need to create a good trigger team? Thanks!! 

freydom

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks Frey and Kyon.... 
Honestly, i am level 55 but at lowest tier in arena because my team composition is a mess... I am still working on runes and equipments =D
I love tile games, that was the reason I got ninja and working on CK. But at arena, I always get pawned by stronger players even at the lowest tier..

Currently I have trigger only for Kane/Cybella... If I were to keep the two of them, who else do i need to create a good trigger team? Thanks!! 
Oh i see! I think equips and runes are the main things holding you back at that tier. I remember I climbed to silver 2 with a team of dragoon freya ares, dante zeus, leon zeus zealot, cybella athena gunslinger, zedd mind warder hercules. As you can see it was a shitty combination, so looking at ur current team now, as long as ur equips and runes are ready, ull be out of bronze in no time! 
When i am climbing arena, I skip battles tho. Not so much now, but many of my previous setups have many weaknesses, if i know i cant win, especially when I am climbing the arena, I will make sure I skip it. many rather still fight for bloodstones, but losing require u to win back 2 games, its tough on climbing.  The strategy I used to climb out then was simple, just occupy 1 tile with leon. and time comes pull the center unit to his front. and meanwhile kill the rest with my dps units. by occupying 1 side tile from start and killing about 3 units with about 3 to 4 units surving allowed me to win the battles. of course your units are currently much better, so it should be a breeze for you xD 
hmmm, i think there are many ways to trigger. The most effective ones i see in arena atm are those with 3 rangers, well built ones. otherwise,  sharing by mikan or other players have shown many interesting units and ways to trigger. Of course, while those builds are specific to conquering events, i think there are interesting ideas there that can use to explore the arena. otherwise, generic trigger units that can do dps at the same time are samurai shizu, ninjas, assassins, warlords, archers...

Musizian
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:52 pm

Thanks Frey and Kyon.... 

Oh i see! I think equips and runes are the main things holding you back at that tier. I remember I climbed to silver 2 with a team of dragoon freya ares, dante zeus, leon zeus zealot, cybella athena gunslinger, zedd mind warder hercules. As you can see it was a shitty combination, so looking at ur current team now, as long as ur equips and runes are ready, ull be out of bronze in no time! 
When i am climbing arena, I skip battles tho. Not so much now, but many of my previous setups have many weaknesses, if i know i cant win, especially when I am climbing the arena, I will make sure I skip it. many rather still fight for bloodstones, but losing require u to win back 2 games, its tough on climbing.  The strategy I used to climb out then was simple, just occupy 1 tile with leon. and time comes pull the center unit to his front. and meanwhile kill the rest with my dps units. by occupying 1 side tile from start and killing about 3 units with about 3 to 4 units surving allowed me to win the battles. of course your units are currently much better, so it should be a breeze for you xD 
hmmm, i think there are many ways to trigger. The most effective ones i see in arena atm are those with 3 rangers, well built ones. otherwise,  sharing by mikan or other players have shown many interesting units and ways to trigger. Of course, while those builds are specific to conquering events, i think there are interesting ideas there that can use to explore the arena. otherwise, generic trigger units that can do dps at the same time are samurai shizu, ninjas, assassins, warlords, archers...
amazing!! I will definitely give it a try!! and i will spend my fortune cookies getting better runes!! thank you so much frey for your insight HAHA!!
Cheers!!

freydom

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Thanks Frey and Kyon.... 

amazing!! I will definitely give it a try!! and i will spend my fortune cookies getting better runes!! thank you so much frey for your insight HAHA!!
Cheers!!
No prob musizian! Hope you find something that works for you! And remember to train your units to plus 2 at least also if somehow you havent! Enjoy the game ~~

kyon

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:08 am

You can go with a 3rd Archer with another trigger Aura or go with a Samurai with Aura facing behind if you have an archer with an Aura facing in front. I'd prefer Samurai though for personal reasons.

Musizian
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am

TO make this even worst... Ive been waiting for 28th day Valiant ticket.......
Guess what, I got another KANE WITH HERCULES faith... utterly disappointed.... 

SHould I LB my hera GR kane or make GS? (already have cybella gs though =()