YayuSheng
Topic Author

Re: How to beat 3 ranger, or 4 ranger combination that don't use a guardian

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 pm

@Pucco yes indeed with Leah Aura archer really strong, that's what my guildies used & i spar him to crack the solution & for now i don't have it bcs my win rate only 30%(bcs of rng), that's too  risky  percentage to count in arena ;) so i got ur point ;)

Munilet

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 am

hahahaha yes i am too 5k this week xD, but i am also like you Munilet, i repick, if there is a squuad that's like this thread title xD, but i'm ofc worried if this meta still the best till next 3 or 4 month, everybody will build archer squad & ofc if i don't have solution or using the meta(i don't have enough ranger yet for enact the meta), my arena will be stuck xD that's why i post this thread to have solution for this kind of meta. & i assume the ranger meta will not be changed anytime soon, so i will try to adapt & hoping there is solution about that xD

about guardian meta, maybe that just not my thing, & ofc i have to have more guardian to test it (Faye Paladin& CK victoria), but it's ok as long our discussion is healthy we will have the solution eventually i hope ;)
There is many people already posting thread about it, but it seem like devs/forum staff have no interest to bring up the conversation..
I should praise you, instead of creating flame thread about ranger -you offer people to join and find the solution together..
XD

In your case, seem like you already enjoy with your team build..
And imo, if you make big change to it -it might be unstable for other team comp..

I do agree with Avy, putting fully upgraded dodge rune might work..
Even it will impact stat massively..
Put it to your core unit or to your unit that usually targeted by Ranger..

Too bad your Ninja Kai hasn't yet LBed..

Imo, fighting ranger is about skill CD..
Fast CD is always better to counter ranger even it's only minor damage/utility..
But, the thing is..
Ranger already had it's power..
Their crit is crazy, their skill is fast..

Removing your Shizu would be a big move to your play style..
Her skill is as long as 7 turn..
And since she already OP, it might be a waste to remove her..

Imo, you need to change Kai with unit that will your Shizu keep alive..
Any GS would be great, their skill only 4 turn same as Ninja..
You may rethink about Lucille, she might be one of the most OP Valiant but her skill is also too long..
Try to replace her with any Faye..

To be honest, rework on lineup by remove this and adding that is not my style..
It will need so much resource, equip -rune -etc..
Also you need to LB them to compete stat in high tier..
Last edited by Munilet on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryozanki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 am

There is many people already posting thread about it, but it seem like devs/forum staff have no interest to bring up the conversation.
Hi there, the devs are always watching and reading.

We cannot agree with the comments nor talk about any potential changes since nothing is confirmed at this moment.

Just a note, the dev team is always lurking here, but they will seldom post (except for a few of us).  :oops:

We understand the perfect answer for most is for us to agree and promise immediate changes. However, patches, balancing, and updates are not happening with a flick of the finger, similar to all other games.

But we are here ;)

Thank you.

Munilet

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:07 am

There is many people already posting thread about it, but it seem like devs/forum staff have no interest to bring up the conversation.

We cannot agree with the comments nor talk about any potential changes since nothing is confirmed at this moment.

Just a note, the dev team is always lurking here, but they will seldom post (except for a few of us).

We understand the perfect answer for most is for us to agree and promise immediate changes. However, patches, balancing, and updates are not happening with a flick of the finger, similar to all other games.

But we are here.

Thank you.
Haha..
Sorry to summon you Ryozanki..
Of course I know you guys are always lurking here, you and other staff already mention it many time..
XD

You know -someone make this thread, it's already 3 weeks since it's created..
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2683
And I don't see any staff leave a single mark there..
But I know you already read it, every comment on it..

Ryozanki
Valiant Administrator
Valiant Administrator

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:19 am

Just a note, the dev team is always lurking here, but they will seldom post (except for a few of us).

But we are here.

Thank you.
Haha..
Of course I know you guys are always lurking here, you and other staff already mention it many time..
XD

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2683
Let's just say we are trying very hard to squeeze in more stuff for the 2017 roadmap :)

We will have a dev blog on that soon!

Munilet

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 am

But we are here.

Thank you.
Haha..
XD

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2683
Let's just say we are trying very hard to squeeze in more stuff for the 2017 roadmap :)

We will have a dev blog on that soon!
That's sound nice..
Will looking forward to it..
XD

YayuSheng
Topic Author

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:39 pm

@Munilet, ty for your informative response ;), actually my squad already changed about +/- 10 times ;), & ofc my center always magebane ;), i will not talk about it for now why i use magebane(i also have hera assasin shizu) instead of ninja(For Ninja i will not making my shizu into Ninja, i will always prefer kai or kira for that role) ;)
 1. for changing lucile to faye, i already consider  it & try it in my previous build, & the probs with faye is, yes it can counter archer for a while, but it can't counter 2 magician combo with keira & ronan mix with ranger (if u noticed in my first post, i try tell u guys about mixing mag & ranger also really dangerous(i focus on ranger trigger, bcs ranger trigger can be mixed with every range unit or non guardian squad)), my method to test my next arena squad is to spar with the most dangerous squad for my squad, in case of magician squad i spar with top 20 arena, but for archer squad even 4200 or 3800 it's hard for me to beat, that's why i make this thread ;)
2. unfortunetly my squad depth still limited, so i can't try ur solution using GS cybella, my ares cybellla already Sharp Shooter ;), i have athena cybella *3 & athena nadia *3, i will try to collect valianite perhaps:\

@Ryozanki ty for coming here, we will trust to you developer to balance everything in game, & i am an optimistic player, that's why i will never ask for nerf ;), but i am seldom to post something about pvp or arena in any game because i always try finding a solution on my own, In archer case u can have despair in one turn(the scary part is... i will always repick if no guardian in 3+ ranger squad), i think that's enough reason for me to asking for help to crack this meta with any players out there ;)

Munilet

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:58 am

@Munilet, ty for your informative response ;), actually my squad already changed about +/- 10 times ;), & ofc my center always magebane ;), i will not talk about it for now why i use magebane(i also have hera assasin shizu) instead of ninja(For Ninja i will not making my shizu into Ninja, i will always prefer kai or kira for that role) ;)
 1. for changing lucile to faye, i already consider  it & try it in my previous build, & the probs with faye is, yes it can counter archer for a while, but it can't counter 2 magician combo with keira & ronan mix with ranger (if u noticed in my first post, i try tell u guys about mixing mag & ranger also really dangerous(i focus on ranger trigger, bcs ranger trigger can be mixed with every range unit or non guardian squad)), my method to test my next arena squad is to spar with the most dangerous squad for my squad, in case of magician squad i spar with top 20 arena, but for archer squad even 4200 or 3800 it's hard for me to beat, that's why i make this thread ;)
2. unfortunetly my squad depth still limited, so i can't try ur solution using GS cybella, my ares cybellla already Sharp Shooter ;), i have athena cybella *3 & athena nadia *3, i will try to collect valianite perhaps:\

@Ryozanki ty for coming here, we will trust to you developer to balance everything in game, & i am an optimistic player, that's why i will never ask for nerf ;), but i am seldom to post something about pvp or arena in any game because i always try finding a solution on my own, In archer case u can have despair in one turn(the scary part is... i will always repick if no guardian in 3+ ranger squad), i think that's enough reason for me to asking for help to crack this meta with any players out there ;)
I understand why you want to keep Shizu, that's why I say lt will be a waste If to you left her behind..
Her role as Magebane is good, 2 turn Stun AoE skill and good command aura plus Stun..
And that's why Devs nerf her skill CD to 7 (it's 6 before)

Back to topic..
In my opinion, from what I see -as I mentioned before..
You need to keep Shizu alive until her skill is ready..
And because you don't have unit I suggested to you, here's another solution that hopefully work for you..

1 - You need to put fully upgraded dodge rune to Vincent Berserker

Why?

- Because you say your Berserker die in the first turn, that mean he will be targeted first..
- He is one of your three main DD..
Depend on where you place him, he provided ATK buff to other unit around him..
Replace Stat Rune with Dodge Rune will only make him weak, BUT..

- Shizu doesn't need his aura because I'm sure she already have decent attack..
- You already have Victoria CK, she can Buff ATK and DEF to others in her aura..
- Kai most likely still need him, but this guy should be remove -I'll explain later why..

Okay you already have main DD and main Guardian

Now let's remove Kai Ninja and put your Kai Assassin..

Why?

- He have medium CD (5 turn)
- He can silence single target for 3 turn, you can use it to Ronan or even opponent Faye -so Shizu can finish her enemy faster..
- When he crit, he can refresh Shizu -she will have another chance to remove opponent backline..
- Sure Kai Ninja had more fast CD but he can only swap, what you needed is unit that can silence/sleep/stun opponent and it can prevent your Shizu died..
- You already have Victoria CK to swap opponent Tank if you faced them..

Your squad would be look like this, depend on where your unit's aura pointed..

kai
shizu - lucille
vincent - victoria

I still prefer any GS to be in it to replace Lucille..
Cybella GS would be the best, having Athena faith is fair because you only need her skill..
Of course Hera is better, she can proc Shizu to attack and when Shizu attack she can proc Vincent + Cybella + Kai to attack and when Cybella crit she can proc Shizu to attack again and so on as long RNG say yes..

Kane GS is also good because his skill is Stun instead of Sleep..
But his aura is inferior compare to Cybella GS..

Did you already properly geared your unit?

kyon

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:03 am

Let's hope Rangers don't get literally get nerfed to the ground. No, I'm not one of those cancers. I only use 1 Ranger in PvP as I'm already contented reaching 4.4k as anything higher gets more 3-4 Ranger cancer teams. While they're seriously OP while stacked together, we seriously don't need another Valiant Force "Mage-tier" class if you know what I mean :P

Arclaine
Official Member
Official Member

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:12 pm

The solution to these cancer is not only revolving around nerfing the archers.

Limitting the number of triggers that can happen in 1 turn on arena is the best solution I can think of.

Class limit on arena is bad for the free players that only have 2-3 classes on their inventory.

Nerfing the archer might be a good idea, but there are alot of things that the dev can nerf from the archers. Crit rate? Dmg reduction? Trigger chance? 2 of the listed? Or all of them? We dont know which one will work best.