YayuSheng
Topic Author

How to beat 3 ranger, or 4 ranger combination that don't use a guardian

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:32 pm

My current arena is 4329, my highest arena 4900

Nowdays 4300+ arena i always match up with 3 ranger or 4 ranger with champion in their frontline, & mostly i will repick, if not, the guarantee to lose above 60%

My current squad 

Ninja Kai
Magebane Shizu(LB +4)     Chaos Knight Victoria(LB +2)
Berserker Vincent (LB+4)   Inquisitor Lucile

the scenario i face 
*1) in turn 2 usually my zerker already died bcs first trigger, in 2nd trigger my shizu died, if there is 3rd trigger all my striker already dead, so i only waiting for my defeat
*2) the first not trigger but 2nd trigger & the result still the same except my magebane shizu do crit when their frontline go forward, my winning depends on what kind of frontline that;s go forward
*3) no trigger(the luckiest scenario & very rare), in this scenario, i have a chance to win by fair amount not certain depends on their other unit type

also i try to solve it with my guildmate that's used trigger but with Leah Aura to GR cybella(it makes ranger with damage on par with zerker, the only difference are it's ranger & multi hit(bcs of trigger)) & Vincenta aura to Kane(but ofc in my point of view vincent aura will not trigger  bcs i will not go foward to Lane or i will be slaughtered faster)

Pls give me healthy input, so maybe can inspire me to use it

Ty in advance ;)

ps: we're not talking about ranger trigger with ronan in it yet

Avy
Official Member
Official Member

Re: How to beat 3 ranger, or 4 ranger combination that don't use a guardian

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:24 pm

You can try relying on dodge rune to help you. 4 ranger combo, you're pretty much toast already though. 3 ranger, dodge might help you survive. But really, other than having your own rangers at the back, it's gg. Unless you can make your Kai survive long enough to swap in and take them out the next turn, you're gg.

YayuSheng
Topic Author

Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 pm

i apreciante ur solution ty ;) theoritically ur solution maybe really can work ;), but i still have doubt because it sacrifice our stat, but i might still try it though for sparing with my friend ranger squad, not arena, yet xD but still ty ;) 

alvinherexD

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:18 pm

if you insist on not using Guardian then you will need to use 3 rangers yourself. 

Faye is a hard counter against Rangers. Alternatively you can use fully pimped out perfect Trinity 5* equipment Champions sets that include a Shield. They hit hard and can't be killed by Rangers easily. 

Also quite frankly Magebane is especially useless in Arena. Most Shadows are except Ninja. I suggest you drop your Shizu immediately 

YayuSheng
Topic Author

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 pm

ah ic i'm sorry if u misuderstood my title ;), what i mean is, how to beat 3 or 4 archer squad if they are not using guardian ;), because i still use guardian ;) look at my squad i use Victoria ;), yes indeed i have faye to use, but let me give u my thought ;)

1. if they use guardian i can swipe the archer squad almost easyly, because my Magebane will have +/- 11k dmg because of aura buff from my victoria ck & vincent buff after attacking front line,;) that's why i emphasize to if they have no guardian ;)

2. i'm not stubborn not to use guardian ;) squad, but guardian squad is not too versatile against mix type of squad ;)

3. Yes indeed faye not easy to kill by the ranger, but my damager is ;)(Usually my damager will wipe before faye use her skill)

4. about droping shizu magebane, it seems it's depends on how we play isn't it?, for me magebane help me a lot in pvp also in pve, my kai can reset my shizu, but i will not argue it's a matter playstyle & preferences ;)
5. About trinity gear, hmmm champion with trinity & shield? intresting idea, i will try it when i have the gear.

And Thank You for ur input i apreciate it a lot ;), i hope i can find solution from u guys input, to inspire me to make a better & versatile squad ;)
Last edited by YayuSheng on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

YayuSheng
Topic Author

Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:58 pm

btw Avy u really up to ur solution it seems ;), if i am not mistaken u use assasin with dodge skill rune isn't it?, i just met u in arena, i win but my first attack to ur assasn kai, have no damage a bit surprise actually ;), & i am sorry if i am mistaken u from other peaople ;)

Pucco
Official Member
Official Member

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 am

Hi Yayu,

We're probably in the same arena ranking most of the time, i always climb from 3600 to 4600 every week. I've seen more of this "3-4 team without guadians" you mentioned about since nadia comes around and honestly it's a bit frustrating. The solution, i'm afraid, is just to use the same team composition and use leah zerk. She can stop all those triggers with her own trigger counter, but you got to make sure a ranger gets her aura. It'll boost your winning chances considerably but not much help if the rng is not on your side. ^_^"

alvinherexD

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:39 pm

ah ic i'm sorry if u misuderstood my title ;), what i mean is, how to beat 3 or 4 archer squad if they are not using guardian ;), because i still use guardian ;) look at my squad i use Victoria ;), yes indeed i have faye to use, but let me give u my thought ;)

1. if they use guardian i can swipe the archer squad almost easyly, because my Magebane will have +/- 11k dmg because of aura buff from my victoria ck & vincent buff after attacking front line,;) that's why i emphasize to if they have no guardian ;)

2. i'm not stubborn not to use guardian ;) squad, but guardian squad is not too versatile against mix type of squad ;)

3. Yes indeed faye not easy to kill by the ranger, but my damager is ;)(Usually my damager will wipe before faye use her skill)

4. about droping shizu magebane, it seems it's depends on how we play isn't it?, for me magebane help me a lot in pvp also in pve, my kai can reset my shizu, but i will not argue it's a matter playstyle & preferences ;)
5. About trinity gear, hmmm champion with trinity & shield? intresting idea, i will try it when i have the gear.

And Thank You for ur input i apreciate it a lot ;), i hope i can find solution from u guys input, to inspire me to make a better & versatile squad ;)
Can try double faye combi with swapper as well, im running them against multiple archers lineup with great result 

Munilet

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Sorry to say, Yayu..
There is no way to counter this kind of Cancer..
In Halloween event, when people use Guardian Meta -there is still a way to manage them but with the current Meta what you can rely on is only LUCK!

Now imagine..
Let's say you already find a way to beat this Cancer in your currently Arena rank..
And you start to climb flawlessly..
But of course your opponent become more stronger every you climb higher.
But interestingly you still able to survive..
You keep getting higher and higher..
Suddenly, you found another Cancer in the higher level!
They crit your whatever squad by >10x times with more powerful damage comparing to Cancer in your previous Tier and you die..
The fact is, this Cancer team is can easily found in high tier Arena!
Last I checked, about of 7 of 10 in the Top 10 Arena using this Cancer..
Because this is Meta, this is Power Creep..
Devs should do something to balance it without nerfing anyone..

In my case, I try to boost DEF stat in every Hero in my party..
Luckily I have Zedd RM and Darrion HD, two of them have DEF Buff aura..
Their aura covering the entire hero in my squad, so what I do is just keep upgrading their Rune..
But still, my party can easily defeated by Ranger team..
Mostly I skipped them..

fyi, my arena point weekly is 5k..
i'm cry to my wasted orbs just to skipped them..
T.T

YayuSheng
Topic Author

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:30 pm

hahahaha yes i am too 5k this week xD, but i am also like you Munilet, i repick, if there is a squuad that's like this thread title xD, but i'm ofc worried if this meta still the best till next 3 or 4 month, everybody will build archer squad & ofc if i don't have solution or using the meta(i don't have enough ranger yet for enact the meta), my arena will be stuck xD that's why i post this thread to have solution for this kind of meta. & i assume the ranger meta will not be changed anytime soon, so i will try to adapt & hoping there is solution about that xD

about guardian meta, maybe that just not my thing, & ofc i have to have more guardian to test it (Faye Paladin& CK victoria), but it's ok as long our discussion is healthy we will have the solution eventually i hope ;)