Mikan
Topic Author

[Guide] UH Series: "Arena Revenge Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team | Last Update: 02/13/17

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm

Underrated Heroes Series Ep 2
"Arena Revenge Team"

Disclaimer:
I know every player has different units available on their arsenal. It is indeed hard to provide guides to players if it strictly requires specific units but there are quite a number of alternative units for this build which I will list down within the guide. Even though the guide is supposed to counter archer trigger teams, it doesn't mean that this build can easily win if controlled by the auto-AI. It also doesn't excel at defending (when someone challenges you) but that isn't the main objective, the main objective is to win your fights, not other people's challenge.

Changelogs: M/D/Y Format
Guide Creation - 02/12/17

I know that revenge team setup isn't unique or an uncommon idea and I know people encounter problems on making a successful one but this build has everything fixed, tweaked and all weaknesses covered up. So we start with a video to look at the consistency of the build. In this video, I decided to fight a friend who is 27th place on arena and is using a quad-archer trigger team, the objective is to win as much as possible and stop the recording once I lose.

[/center]
P.S. Sorry for the shaky video! Forgot to render at maximum quality.

I'm also sorry to those people looking forward to the other trigger team which was supposed to be introduced on ep 2. That one has to wait because I have very limited resources and I had to work on my arena team first because my previous team setup is getting obsolete ever since ninja's fix.

I. Introduction
I am Mikan and I'm an official launch player, currently prestige level 7. I am making a series of guide, tackling the most underrated heroes and bringing them to the spotlight. This guide is all about that. Here I will explain an arena team composition that makes use of two of the most underrated Berserker classes, Leah and Freya. Yes, this is NOT meta so if you're looking for meta builds, this is definitely not the place.

Lastly, the reason why I have never made an archer trigger team myself to fight this cancer is because gearing 4 archers is very inefficient. I am not a rich person either to be wasting alot of resources.

II. Build Breakdown
The Arena Revenge Team only has 3 staple units where each has it's own alternative.

Before I start listing down the units, I would like to say something about revenge teams. There are alot of problems you will encounter when trying to build one.
1. Berserker is too squishy and dies too fast. So to solve that problem, this build will require Berserker to have kratos faith and full trinity gears but it comes with another problem.
2. Berserker with kratos faith and full trinity gears won't be the main target of the AI, instead they will aim for the 2nd row squishies. To solve this, we get a 2nd row unit aura slave to boost the defense of the squishy 2nd row unit.
3. Last problem is the killing potency of the units triggered by Leah's aura. That is where the 2nd row unit aura slave will have limited choices.

With that said, here's the breakdown.

Image  Revenge Aura Frontliner
There are two possible candidates for this slot and it's Berserker Freya or Berserker Leah. 

Image       Image

I do recommend Leah instead because of her higher proc chance and higher ATK % trigger. My logic is that, instead of CC'ing the enemy, you want them dead ASAP. It's easier to prevent the enemy from continuing their trigger fest by killing them than stunning them and trying to deal with it again later, so it's like a "prevention vs cure" kind of thing. I chose prevention which is Leah.

Berserkers are also ideal with dealing against multi-tank teams making this build really versatile.

As for faith and gears, you'd want them to be really tanky so kratos faith and full trinity gears is ideal. Dodge rune is also a must have because you want them to be able to soak as much trigger fest as they can before they go down from taking too much damage.

Image  2nd Row Aura Slave
This is actually not really tricky. You would simply want a unit that has a persistent aura that boosts DEF and ATK. DEF to prevent your squishy 2nd row dps getting sniped. ATK to make your 2nd row dps more consistent at killing whenever proc'ing the revenge aura of your frontliner. For this role, we have SW Teresa, CK Victoria and CK Darrion. (Yes, hurray for Spiritwalkers!)

Image       Image

Definitely the best unit for this role is Darrion, his aura has the highest % increase on ATK/DEF. He is a valiant with better stats than usual, DEF is also really easy to boost. Chaos Knight skill (tile swap) is also one of the best utilities on arena.

As for faith and gears, Teresa should be aiming for highest possible MAG with athena faith, full wizardry and full energy runes. Both CK should just aim for kratos faith, full trinity/defense and full guard runes.

Image  Main DD
Your main DD absolutely has to be a ranged unit and an archer to boot. Archers has really high ATK and CRT therefore mystic isn't really an option. We have several archer options but some does stand out more. These units are Kane, Cybella and Nadia. Choose your flavor,

Image       Image

Image       Image

Image       Image

The other class advancements that are not listed means their aura is either has weaker % ATK trigger or has some unnecessary use.

Royal Huntsman Cybella and Kane
Reason why these two are viable is because whenever your revenge aura unit gets attacked, they also have a seperate chance to trigger themselves to attack. Ideally, out of the two choices, best pick is Kane because he comes with better stats and better ATK % trigger. RH Cybella's skill though can be a lifesaver due to the massive -65% damage taken buff.

Gunslinger Cybella, Kane and Nadia
These 3 works well with a duo command archer in the team. Ideally, you'd want GS Kane here for the better stats and his aura doesn't require you to do a critical hit nor require specific conditions before it triggers. With GS Kane's aura, you can simply fully focus on increasing your ATK, same case with GS Nadia.

Sharpshooter Cybella, Kane and Nadia
If you are confident that you'd be able to create a monster out of these 3 then go ahead and use them. What I mean by a monster is reaching absurd damage output either by having very high ATK+CRIT or just bruteforcing with 10-13k ATK. Sharpshooters innately has massive ATK thus if you hit that certain treshold where you can OHKO squishies they wouldn;t just be an alternative to the build but become ideal for the main DD slot.

As for faith and gears, it is required to have ares faith, it is a must. Gears will be full might for maximum damage output paired with full fury runes or 4*/5* double strike that has fury set effect (+10% ATK). If you're gonna say "GS Cybella's aura requires her to CRT so hera is best", the problem with hera is the average damage output is actually way lower with hera than ares. Hera just gimps damage output too much. A hera GS Cybella should instead be just an aura slave standing behind the main DD like my own setup.

The reason for using Double Strike rune is because the 2nd strike is actually using 100% ATK, it doesn't matter if you attacked using a 80% or 85% trigger, the 2nd strike will always be using 100% ATK fixed.

III. Setting Up
The core of the setup is the Berserker Leah or Freya. They will be placed in front for obvious reasons. Behind your revenge aura unit is your best archer (main DD) with the most damage output to make the most out of the revenge triggers. Beside the main DD will be your DEF/ATK aura slave. All auras pointing to each other.

Sample:

Image  Synergy
This is the only tricky part. I will just use my own setup as an example to get a clear idea on how to finish up the team. Again, it's just a sample, there is no need to copy exactly but feel free to copy if it's convenient for you like, you have the same units, etc.

So this is my current lineup,

1. Since I am using a GS Kane, I want him to have a duo command archer, I chose GS Cybella because of her ridiculous 100% ATK trigger.
2. Samurai Shizu for her bounced attack. If you have watched the video, you can clearly see how devastating it is for archer teams to get hit by bounced attacks of shadow units. Her skill is also useful for dealing massive AOE damage as most archer trigger teams are stacked together. Her aura also helps Leah deal with really tanky units (multi-tank teams). Having Leah also trigger her to attack which helps me alot in some scenarios.

End of guide. Thanks for reading!
- Mikan
Last edited by Mikan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Mikan
Topic Author

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Revenge Arena Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team (Thread WIP)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Reserved.

Mikan
Topic Author

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Revenge Arena Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team (Thread WIP)

Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Reserved.

whodahackii

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Arena Revenge Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team (Thread WIP)

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 am

Based on Mikan suggestion
I think...Freya and Leah Berserker aura is not even half bad... Just that it was meant to be passive.

Both are : when self is hit , trigger Others to stun (Freya)/ to attack (Leah)

But the real meta breaker is Leah, imagine those triggerer behind her...

And to pull this off, I think boosting def/hp is a plus, but will the Ai still aim her after being tanky... Or will dodge rune jeopardize this strategy too. Hmm 

Mikan
Topic Author

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Arena Revenge Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team (Thread WIP)

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Based on Mikan suggestion
I think...Freya and Leah Berserker aura is not even half bad... Just that it was meant to be passive.

Both are : when self is hit , trigger Others to stun (Freya)/ to attack (Leah)

But the real meta breaker is Leah, imagine those triggerer behind her...

And to pull this off, I think boosting def/hp is a plus, but will the Ai still aim her after being tanky... Or will dodge rune jeopardize this strategy too. Hmm 
Hello. I do think Freya and Leah Berserker are quite underrated but I think that's also because there are problems that comes up when building revenge teams. I have already completed the guide, it should answer your doubts in mind! Thanks~

Munilet

Re: [Guide] UH Series: "Arena Revenge Team Build" - Anti-Archer Trigger Team | Last Update: 02/13/17

Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:52 am

Hi Mikan, can you please make a thread that listed all of your past and future topic you have created?
You sharing so much knowledge to the community and I think it will be great if people can find it easily..

And please do not leave this game, give them one more chance..