viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3327

obsothoth
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Re: Watch out we got a badass

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:15 am

I forgot to post the next part

At this point, their Berserker has already casted his Wyvern, which used its skill, luckily causing no casualties. My Twilight Sentinel then taps their Talissa at the back and the poison kills her next turn.

Their Faye casts Heart of the Fortress, then my Faye casts Heart of the Fortress on their back line. I think their Shining Sentinel its skill but my shields are all up. Then I survive their attacks until my Izumi casts Haunting Scripture.
Last edited by obsothoth on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

obsothoth
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:35 am

Izumi is definitely my mvp in the current meta with a lot of high offence teams. I have seen her Haunting Scripture perform quintuple kills before. Just casting it once can wipe a team, turning the tide to my favour. I used to have a Ronan, but my Kratos Talissa is capable of dealing more damage even without max training.

Izumi is my go to centre clearer. Unless the enemy is fielding Chaos Knights. I still have a chance against Ninjas since they are squishy, but Chaos Knights with healing support is unassailable with my current setup. Thankfully I do not meet many of those teams.

obsothoth
Official Member
Official Member
Topic Author

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:06 am

Thanks for the +1! 

What are the ways? 
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3765&p=22358#p22358
This might not happen all the time, but charm is still a hard counter to high physical offence units, which Sven is. If you can kill the summoner, it also takes out their summon. What I notice about many summoners is that they tend to have lower than usual defence, which allows charm or physical based attacks to take them out quickly.
That's a poorly made team imo. Charm won't even defeat the Summoner meta. Your izumi is already dead before she could even cast her skill. Meta usually has Faye on the front lines and if you go 2nd turn or have 2 summoners Faye's shield is up which also renders charm useless. A well constructed team would have Faye and Aden or any DEF buff unit to shield the backlines. I never lost to Charm at all from Izumi.

The screwed turn counting is really what makes summoners OP af.
I am just a casual arena player, however to my memory my Izumi rarely gets globalled from the get go no matter how many summoners there are. When that happens it is usually some limit broken Vincent Warlord or Berserker using their skill. What usually happens is she gets hit by some archer skill, which she just shrugs off with Luthor in front of her. For some reason the Sven wyverns prefer targeting my HD Faye up front rather than anything else. Considering my Izumi's backline position and defense aura, the AI actually rarely targets her.

My rating is currently 3997, World 193 without buying any orbs with 51 wins and 15 losses. All things considered I think I am having a pretty good run this week for a casual player without any limit broken units in my lineup. I think Izumi is responsible for much of my success, even if she does not counter double Talissa or some specific comps. If you were me and have seen the number of triple and quad kills she brings in with Haunting Scripture, you would agree. She once did a quintuple I think.

Doing well in arena is not about countering one specific lineup, its about countering the most possible number of lineups. This season the most often encountered team type for me is high offense, low defense, usually with a few champions and archers with maybe a Talissa and a Sven and maybe a Faye. I am meeting a very high amount of Sven, which the AI doesn't know how to utilise optimally.
What this means is that if I see a team with all champions and archers with no guardians or healers I know I am going to have a very good chance of winning already, because of Izumi.

Yeah maybe I'm not going to get into top 10, but that's not really my goal. Just getting into Master and collecting my weekly gems is enough for me tbh.